Opinion: Nobody wants to admit the scale of the Islamist extremist threat to our democracy

Social Media

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

An article of an assessment by a ratings group that noticed their ratings were making other articles appear biased

Hardly "doing some reading".

Try again.

I see you have no evidence to support your claims.

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Here. I use it all the time. Bias is in the mind. Keep an open mind and you'll find lots of interesting reports and articles.

Screenshot_20240228_081503_Chrome.jpg

70% left 4% right

10 hours ago, rickudon said:

Keir Starmer is an islamist puppet? I thought he was a Jewish one ....  Doing his best to avoid any criticism of Israel.

Doesn't seem to be working out for him either way.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68443430

image.png.63e9f670ea2edd477a27db386bda016d.png

More anti-semitism in Labour, seats in northern England being won/lost based on what's happening in Gaza. What a time to be alive :laugh:.

I didn't think even Labour were capable of messing up the next general election given the Tories woeful performance under Sunak, but maybe I underestimated their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? If Labour were a football team, they could be 3-0 up heading into extra time and lose 4-3. 

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Doesn't seem to be working out for him either way.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68443430

image.png.63e9f670ea2edd477a27db386bda016d.png

More anti-semitism in Labour, seats in northern England being won/lost based on what's happening in Gaza. What a time to be alive :laugh:.

I didn't think even Labour were capable of messing up the next general election given the Tories woeful performance under Sunak, but maybe I underestimated their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? If Labour were a football team, they could be 3-0 up heading into extra time and lose 4-3. 

I wouldn't join in the 'lap of honour' just yet. Wasn't exactly a stellar night for the Conservative or Reform parties either.

Why anyone would vote for George Galloway is frankly beyond me. Would he won if Labour had not withdrawn its' endorsement of Azhar Ali? Perhaps but I very much doubt that the Labour vote been so low. Imo this result is an outlier which is mostly a result of (local) circumstance.

That said, I have never believed that Labour are a shoo-in at the next election. Unlike '97 when support for Labour was positive i.e. they will benefit the country, the support for Starmer is negative i.e. he can't be as bad as the alternatives. This type of support might decide to abstain or change. However, there will need to be something positive for voters to change their mind and there's not much good news at the moment  (I imagine that the vast majority of people will view any tax cuts in the forthcoming budget for what they are: A bribe).

Interesting survey from YouGov.

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/48786-labour-and-starmer-arent-popular-but-the-tories-are-even-less-so

• 3 weeks later...

It's very, very sad, as a foreigner who has travelled around the world since 1973, worked with so many nationalities and ethnicities, to see where Europe as a whole, and France, England in particular, are ending up. You've been soft states and bent over backwards to allow people in who will never integrate into your societies. Endless trouble, bloody and violent clashes will ensue. The gradual radicalisation fuelled by big money from overseas is already on. I tell all my "white" colleagues of where they're headed.  

• Haha 1