Opinion: Nobody wants to admit the scale of the Islamist extremist threat to our democracy

Social Media

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Lindsay Hoyle should step down. Cozying up with the leader of the opposition was pathetic. I didn't think anyone could be more biased than Bercow but it seems Hoyle has achieved that. Jog on Lindsay, put a fork in him, he's done. 

As for the poor little MP's feeling threatened by the Islamist protesters, well, you made the bed now you can lie in it. I guess they never expected the threat to be on the doorstep of their leafy Islington streets or Westminster. They thought it was only the common man in the poorer suburbs that would suffer, while they patted each other on the back, quoffed another glass of Champagne and congratulated themselves on creating such a wonderfully diverse society. They're not so brave when they have to face the reality of the consequences of their policies and inaction. 

+1

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

A few years back a British friend showed me videos, sections of London that are now under sharia law. Posters were glued to light posts saying as such. Is this true? Is it still that way or any better/worse?

Attached article explains how Sharia 'law' works in the UK

https://www.roythorne.co.uk/site/blog/family-law-blog/an-overview-of-sharia-law#:~:text=There are around 30 Sharia,are contrary to UK law.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I forecast that, unless the British people wake up to the gradual muslim takeover, their country will be governed under sharia law within 30-50 years. 

Might be wishful thinking, but I'll put a note in my diary to check whether that's the case in Feb. 2054. Unfortunately, no chance of me making it to Feb. 2074, so someone else will have to follow-up then😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Additionally: Nobody wants to admit the scale of the Christian extremist threat to our democracy - there are many millions of them in the USA. 

Not sure if you've heard anything about the IVF laws Alabama just put out there - basically they now define a frozen embryo as a person. The reasons for imposing such an atrocity was littered with Christian references. This has now stopped just about ALL doctors performing fertility procedures for fear of being arrested.

The book "1984" and "The Handmaid's Tale" video series were supposed to be fiction. Christian Nationalists have taken them to heart and are making them law. These Christian Nationalists prefer to be called "Nationalist Christians"  - or Nat C's for short.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Wouldn't it be better than to make an idiotic reply to realize Google is no longer a reliable source?

I know google isn't. They blocked all dissent on climate change. They probably have done the same on religion and immigration. I like google maps though but they goes astray too.

You could use a Russian search engine.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Not sure if you've heard anything about the IVF laws Alabama just put out there - basically they now define a frozen embryo as a person. The reasons for imposing such an atrocity was littered with Christian references. This has now stopped just about ALL doctors performing fertility procedures for fear of being arrested.

The book "1984" and "The Handmaid's Tale" video series were supposed to be fiction. Christian Nationalists have taken them to heart and are making them law. These Christian Nationalists prefer to be called "Nationalist Christians"  - or Nat C's for short.

Win/win.

The bible thumpers love it. And the rest of us will be happy that there will be fewer bible thumpers in the future. 

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Personally, I am saddened by the drastic change in London, which was predominantly "white" while I lived there in the early 80's, never really having to worry about crime, even to the extent of not having to lock my front door, to what is today, a crime infested city where many areas, there is not a caucasian to be seen!

By the way, I myself have "brown" skin, but lived most of my life in Canada.

"I myself have "brown" skin, but lived most of my life in Canada.

" London, which was predominantly "white" while I lived there in the early 80's, never really having to worry about crime, "

and then you moved there, a trend was started and now there are a bunch of brown skin people  there and the place went to hell in a handbasket. 

But Not because of you  'cause you " lived most of my life in Canada." which as everyone knows has a way of softening the brown. :laugh:

I have a possible solution to the problem .Perhaps if we could send some of these brown people to Canada camp Eh ? :cheesy:

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

The stupid part is thinking that people are just going to say "oh, ok, we'll be Muslims now" and live by a whole new (well, old actually) set of rules, and so on.

Don't you think there would be a fight, resistance, etc?  Just try going to the US and saying "no more bacon."  But get burial insurance first.

22 hours ago, Dolf said:

I know google isn't. They blocked all dissent on climate change. They probably have done the same on religion and immigration. I like google maps though but they goes astray too.

You could use a Russian search engine.

Oh dear. You seem very confused.

Seek help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh dear. You seem very confused.

Seek help.

Not confused at all. Proven fact. Do some reading on the topic.

"AllSides assessed 522 news articles that were featured as one of the top three results in Google’s “Top Stories” section for 10 shooting-related queries over three days. AllSides found that:

70% of results were from outlets that have an AllSides Media Bias Rating of Lean Left or Left. 

18% of stories were from outlets that have a Center media bias.

4% of stories were from Lean Right or Right biased outlets.

8% of results came from outlets not rated by AllSides."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/john-gable/2019/08/09/google-favors-cnn-left-media-biased-mass-shooting-search-results

70% left

4% right

39 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Not confused at all. Proven fact. Do some reading on the topic.

"AllSides assessed 522 news articles that were featured as one of the top three results in Google’s “Top Stories” section for 10 shooting-related queries over three days. AllSides found that:

70% of results were from outlets that have an AllSides Media Bias Rating of Lean Left or Left. 

18% of stories were from outlets that have a Center media bias.

4% of stories were from Lean Right or Right biased outlets.

8% of results came from outlets not rated by AllSides."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/john-gable/2019/08/09/google-favors-cnn-left-media-biased-mass-shooting-search-results

70% left

4% right

An article of an assessment by a ratings group that noticed their ratings were making other articles appear biased

Hardly "doing some reading".

Try again.

• Sad 1