Trump appeals fraud case as $112,000-a-day interest accrues

Social Media

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

He has 30 days from the Notice of appeal -- 26 FEB 2024 -- to put up cash or a bond or obtain a stay from the Appeals Court.

< Trump wasn’t able to appeal the decision immediately because the clerk’s office at Engoron’s courthouse had to file paperwork known as a judgment to make it official. That was done on Friday, starting a 30-day window for Trump to pay up or file an appeal and seek a stay.

https://time.com/6835214/donald-trump-appeal-new-york-civil-fraud/

That is exactly what I said. And the title of the post is false. He has not posted the appeal bond. To go to the appeal the judgment he must post an appeal bond of about $480 million that is going to be required within 30~40 days from the judgment being posted.

He is making various attempts to fight the decision and challenge judge Engoron however none of that has stopped the clock. 

He also has to post an appeal bond of about $90 million in the E. Jean Carroll 2 case in about 2 weeks time and the attempt to stop that clock has failed 

The various news articles are confused about titles. There are various appeals most or all are frivolous or stand no chance of success 

However to appeal the judgements he must put in escrow 

E. Jean Carroll 1) over 5 million paid, on appeal 

E. Jean Carroll 2) over 85 million not paid due in about 2 weeks not on appeal yet

Civil fraud case over 450 million not paid due in about 4~6 weeks not on appeal yet

the numbers are about 110% of the judgment amounts 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

Hot air, that once it goes public and it will, should net Trump a cool $3.9B is net value. Not too bad for a hot air media group you all hoped would fail. LOL....another big win for Trump. 

TrumpDWACmerger.thumb.jpg.71a5ec72556e88c9f56fe8b9f847a360.jpg

CBS Big (major) Win for Trump

Right. Others are estimating the value massively lower.

From your article.

For the first nine months of 2023, Trump Media had revenue of $3.4 million, up from $237,000 in the year-ago period.

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is exactly what I said. And the title of the post is false. He has not posted the appeal bond.

which part of NOTICE OF APPEAL and 'hereby appeal' in the text is giving you concern? (link posted above)

image.png.eea2ec41f9405ba4a630d8b6c795a562.png

Edited by jerrymahoney

12 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

That article is dated April 16, 2023

The NY Times article is dated today Bangkok time

The article is from last year but the facts they present are still true today…

This stock is worth about as much as a Trump Steak…  :coffee1:

Edited by BKKKevin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

which part of NOTICE OF APPEAL and 'hereby appeal' in the text is giving you concern? (link posted above)

image.png.eea2ec41f9405ba4a630d8b6c795a562.png

There is no stay of the judgement yet you are totally misunderstanding the facts of that notice until supersedeas  bond of $450 million is posted they CAN NOT stop the collection of the judgement they are as I said desperately appealing everything 

An appeal with no supersedeas bond is extraordinary unusual because without the bond all the money due will be able to be collected in a little over 4 weeks. The appeal will still be heard but trumps property can be sold.

There are many possible, and frankly ridiculous, appeal briefs that can be posted. But no $450 million supersedeas appeal bond, no stay of collection of the judgement 

tick tick tick, the days are counting down the clock has not been stopped.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

Hot air, that once it goes public and it will, should net Trump a cool $3.9B is net value. Not too bad for a hot air media group you all hoped would fail. LOL....another big win for Trump. 

The deal won't generate cash in time for Trump's appeals.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

tick tick tick, the days are counting down the clock has not been stopped.

The only tick tick tick that concerns me is the one that goes to 05 NOV 2024.

And the title of the Aseannow.com topic comes directly from the BBC source article:

Trump appeals fraud case as $112,000-a-day interest accrues

here is where you can report BBC errors:

https://www.bbc.com/news/55077304

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

trump knows better than anyone else where he is at at this point.

The interest in the judgments is irrelevant. Regardless of if he pays it now. or he waits until the amount is 10 billion, the outcome would be the same.

He would be left with ZERO

So he has three choices IMO , one is to delay, the other is to  win the appeal, and the third to get elected president. Two choices really , The delay is only to enable the other two.

I would love to be a fly in the wall where his strategy sessions take place. 

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

trump knows better than anyone else where he is at at this point.

The interest in the judgments is irrelevant. Regardless of if he pays it now. or he waits until the amount is 10 billion, the outcome would be the same.

He would be left with ZERO

So he has three choices IMO , one is to delay, the other is to  win the appeal, and the third to get elected president. Two choices really , The delay is only to enable the other two.

I would love to be a fly in the wall where his strategy sessions take place. 

Your 3 choices are not really correct 

1) delay, yes but the clocks are not stopping.

2) win the appeal, well yes he could but by then he will have no money left. He doesn’t have the $460 million to stop collection of the judgement, so the judgement is going to be collected starting in about 25 days.

3) get elected president, that is not going to stop New York State collecting the money. As president he has no power over the state court judgement. He has power over federal courts but not state courts 

He has said he only has 100 million in cash and liquid assets, it is extremely unlikely that the court will grant a stay on collection without him posting the full $460 million. 

So his only chance is to start liquidating assets or find an actual rich man who will give him the money 

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your 3 choices are not really correct 

2) win the appeal, well yes he could but by then he will have no money left. He doesn’t have the $460 million to stop collection of the judgement, so the judgement is going to be collected starting in about 25 days.

3) get elected president, that is not going to stop New York State collecting the money. As president he has no power over the state court judgement. He has power over federal courts but not state courts 

He has said he only has 100 million in cash and liquid assets, it is extremely unlikely that the court will grant a stay on collection without him posting the full $460 million. 

So his only chance is to start liquidating assets or find an actual rich man who will give him the money 

The thing is, assuming you're right about #3 and he has to fork over the money, I'm sure Putin or the Saudis or somebody would be happy to pay that bill for him.  Of course, they'll want something in return.  This is why Trump would be the most compromised POTUS ever....if he got elected. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

The thing is, assuming you're right about #3 and he has to fork over the money, I'm sure Putin or the Saudis or somebody would be happy to pay that bill for him.  Of course, they'll want something in return.  This is why Trump would be the most compromised POTUS ever....if he got elected. 

And if Putin, China, Saudis' etc did do the above then they will use every tool at their disposal to get him in!

That is the very frightening thing!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They do if he is elected. or if the judgment  reversed on appeal.

56 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

win the appeal, well yes he could but by then he will have no money left. He doesn’t have the $460 million to stop collection of the judgement, so the judgement is going to be collected starting in about 25 days.

I don't think it will be collected in 25 days. if the appeal moves forward, I am sure he will find a way to delay collection until after the appeal is heard. 

59 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

get elected president, that is not going to stop New York State collecting the money. As president he has no power over the state court judgement. He has power over federal courts but not state courts 

It would change the whole ball game and accommodations will be made for the good of the country 

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I am no legal scholar, but 100 million could buy me one .We will see. 

By the way , did you hear about the Supreme court's decision to hear the presidential immunity issue" 

Some might think it i a good thing. but it is not!! the majority is running interference for him. 

They will not hear the case for a couple of months and have expanded the scope to include so many issues that is extremely unlikely it would come out of the superman court and litigated before the election.

It is best explained in the video below by a Harvard constitutional law professor. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So we are getting to the bit where it becomes impossible to hide the fact Trump is broke. 

Let us all non Tumpeteers pray and hope that it is truly so!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, sirineou said:
1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They do if he is elected. or if the judgment  reversed on appeal.

Well any appeal is going to be at least 1 year out before it’s heard and by that time the majority judgement will have been collected. Any possible election success has zero effect on state judgement. Any state judgements will not/can not be stopped by possible federal election success.

The only way to stop the clocks are by DJT finding a total of roughly 460 million as a bond and he claims he only has 100 million.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't think it will be collected in 25 days. if the appeal moves forward, I am sure he will find a way to delay collection until after the appeal is heard. 

He is desperate trying to find a way but needs another 360 million to stop the clock, that is the only way to do it.

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

get elected president, that is not going to stop New York State collecting the money. As president he has no power over the state court judgement. He has power over federal courts but not state courts 

It would change the whole ball game and accommodations will be made for the good of the country 

That is a nice thought.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Well any appeal is going to be at least 1 year out before it’s heard and by that time the majority judgement will have been collected. Any possible election success has zero effect on state judgement. Any state judgements will not/can not be stopped by possible federal election success.

The only way to stop the clocks are by DJT finding a total of roughly 460 million as a bond and he claims he only has 100 million.

He is desperate trying to find a way but needs another 360 million to stop the clock, that is the only way to do it.

That is a nice thought.

As you might know I am no trump fan. and I hope he gets what's coming to him,

But let me ask you this, 

What happens if trump pays the judgment and then case is reversed in appeal? 

How is then trump made whole? 

As you might know I am no trump fan. and I hope he gets what's coming to him,

But let me ask you this, 

What happens if trump pays the judgment and then case is reversed in appeal? 

How is then trump made whole? 

I have no knowledge of your political interests

Trump can protect his interests by posting the 350 ~ 460 million bond

if he doesn’t, and he has just lost the claim to post a 100 million partial bond, then the judgement is going to be collected.

However the state has no obligation to put him into the position he was in before the judgement was collected if they get reversed.

as an example, say trump tower is seized and sold for a fire sale price of 300 million and 40 Wall Street brings in the balance so total 460 million and the proceeds given to NY state.

Trump wins (he can’t but we allow the fantasy) the cash 460 million is returned to him but the buildings remain sold. 

as I said his only way to protect the properties is to post the 460 million bond

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 1:56 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

The only way the orange-tinted fraud ever gets the shield of presidency is if he gets re-elected.  Once the primaries are behind us, the coffee table debaters will settle down and reality will sink in. The majority of voters just plain don't like Joe. This is a statistical fact. However, even more folks REALLY don't like his opponent and the threat he represents if he ever worms his way back in. Once again, we'll have to hold our noses as we pull the lever and another sad election will be behind us, with Joe stumbling and bumbling along again.

I donno it’s not like or dislike in my opinion it’s more a concern about his age that being said he and the team they put together are achieving excellent results.

I can see the possibility of DT shooting himself in the foot on this internet deal:  using the history of the site formerly known as Twitter being bought for over $44 billion he may insist on something closer to that than the paltry $3.9 billion we've been hearing about.  The wrong words at the wrong time (he's good at that!) could turn the proposal into a pig's breakfast.  There are other investors that would be  getting pieces of the payout, and no doubt he'll try some fancy footwork to bilk them (he's good at that too, just ask his niece).   And then there is tax of the profits.

Also it looks like any payout coming his way might be intercepted by the forces of justice "hey, we'll take that . . . "