Thailand explores long-term visa-free scheme with India to boost tourism

webfact

Oh God no!  If you open Thailand to the Indians who are presently visiting, you would have to rethink your traffic patterns, because they mostly prefer to walk on the roads (in Pattaya anyway) and cross whenever they feel like, oblivious to oncoming traffic, and of-course, we all know about the 5 straws for 1 coke stories in the bars, etc.

Myself, Indian origin, but totally disgusted at the snail's pace at which they are adapting to international society norms!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chivas said:

How about the Thai Government consider long term visa free travel for Countries like the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia and USA etc who put Thailand on the tourist map in the first place

"reciprocal visa-free scheme" this is why

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 5:59 PM, paulikens said:

Indians spend a lot.  That's a new one on me.  As far as i know the majority of them are tight gits.   

Poor knowledge, caused by not meeting the decent blokes. Very high spenders at high end stores for shopping, and classy hotels. You have to stop living in the past stereotypes. 

On 2/27/2024 at 7:21 AM, webfact said:

She added that an Indian tourist’s expenditure could range between 60,000 and 100,000 baht for roughly a week-long trip to Thailand

Then why is a long term visa free sought?