SSO question

WebGuy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Thirty years ago when I started a full-time job my employer automatically enrolled me in the Thai Social Security Fund (SSF / SSO).

In those days the member number assigned (Thai and foreigners) was from a different SSO only numbering system.

Then the SSO decided to scrap that numbering system and use the standard Thai ID card number as the SSO member number.

Some foreigner members already had a Thai ID number, being used in the Tabien Baa book the foreigner was registered in (som had yellow covered Tabien Baan books, foreigners holding Thai PR were registered (from the date they were issued with their Thai Certificate of Residency book (PR book) in the standard dark blue covered Tabien Baan book) and their SSO member number was changed to their Thai ID number (starting with an 8).

However changing the SSO member number to the Thai ID number for foreigners was apparently not well done and some foreigners (who had PR / dark blue TB book and pink card)  continued to hold / use the original SSO member number from the old SSO member numbering system.

This happened to me,  and years later some complications arose and it was realised that my monthly member contributions were still going to the SSO using my old system SSO member number. The records were then adjusted to show my SSO member number as the number in my standard dark blue Tabien Baan book and on my pink card. 

If anybody here has some problems with this can I suggest call the SSO Hotline tel. number 1506, 24/7.

on 1506 there's a language option Thai or English.

If you press X for English and nobody answers it reverts to Thai, this is usually because no English speakers are available at that time. Call back later or the next day.

Have some patience with this. When you do get an English speaker their English is usually very advanced and they are good listeners and you will get good advice. 

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard