Local Immigration Nightmare

18 minutes ago, Kul1 said:

Some more difficult hurdles at my local office (Mukdahan)

went in yesterday 27th for a 2 month extension to visit wife , REJECTED 

i was on a 90 day non O from savannakhet, trying to extend it

the ridiculous reasoning left me it dumbfounded and i just walked out

they wanted to see marriage license, said ok have that 

then thai translation, certified said ok have that .

US embassy letter (sworn affidavit) ok , here you go ,have that. 
she turns to my wife and says , no im not accepting these , they could be fake !

wife says they’re what we have provided for 8 years now , NO!

Agent then pulls out a thai marriage certificate, with big thai seal , and says if it doesn’t look like this im not accepting it .

wife says just give a tourist visa then , NO ! He not eligible for that . 
had to border run to Laos , just get 30 day exempt stamp , try figure this <deleted> out .

time to go home , looking better all the time 

be prepared my friends, not getting easier 

Married to a Thai why not simply get a marriage visa.🤔I Unless i suppose you stay away for more than a year at a time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What were you claiming to be a bank that the IO was disputing and why had the question of what was a bank arisen?

I'll keep this short as I already did a thread regarding this. Way back I was offered an account at a 'Credit Union' paying 6% interest. The first year immigration accepted the 'Credit Union' as a bank and accepted my 400,000 Baht invested as being acceptable for my 'Marriage Extension' deposit. The following year they refused saying a 'Credit Union' is not a bank. A 'Credit Union' definition is open to question along with a 'bank'.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Ha d similar  BS  this  year after many renewals requesting electric  bill in her  name...

Was this also at the Mukdahan immigration office?

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

We were married years ago at the Australian embassy.

One time a lovely lady said marriage certificate is old, 'well yes' but could be fake, 'well no', go to the embassy and get it authenticated.

Cue: exploding wifey.

Are you saying that you applied at your local, unnamed immigration office for an extension of stay with your marriage certificate issued by the Australian embassy in Thailand?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No they have to comply with the written law. At every IO they have a rules book, written in English, which you are allowed access to. 

hahahaha, no they have the authority to request additional information as they deem necessary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Married to a Thai why not simply get a marriage visa.🤔I Unless i suppose you stay away for more than a year at a time.

My Non O was based on marriage from Savanna. , 90 days all you get now if money not in Thai bank.

I expect even this to end soon . For many years I went and got a 1 year non o marriage visa , no money to show .

all coming too an end , I think.

Pay the large broker fees or border bounce every 3 months ,for now

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And?

And what you wrote is not accurate. The regs clearly nducate the imm officers can ask for additional documents as they deem necessary so you claiming the have to "go by the written book" clear indicates that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kul1 said:

My Non O was based on marriage from Savanna. , 90 days all you get now if money not in Thai bank.

I expect even this to end soon . For many years I went and got a 1 year non o marriage visa , no money to show .

all coming too an end , I think.

Pay the large broker fees or border bounce every 3 months ,for now

I'm sorry to hear that but I suppose rules are rules.

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

And what you wrote is not accurate. The regs clearly nducate the imm officers can ask for additional documents as they deem necessary

A link to your statement? Please.

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Did that. But after arguing my side of the dispute there was no clear definition as to who was in the right. So we compromised. No loss of face.

The problem was what is the definition of a 'bank'.

a  hilly knoll obviously, everyone knows  that, unlike the word banker which can easily  be misconstrued especially with immigration officers  as mentioned

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'll keep this short as I already did a thread regarding this. Way back I was offered an account at a 'Credit Union' paying 6% interest. The first year immigration accepted the 'Credit Union' as a bank and accepted my 400,000 Baht invested as being acceptable for my 'Marriage Extension' deposit. The following year they refused saying a 'Credit Union' is not a bank. A 'Credit Union' definition is open to question along with a 'bank'.

but surely that rule  book clearly states  all that.......surely:whistling:

After living in Thailand for 24 years, married for 22 years I've had enough of their antics. For the past 10 years I've used the same agent with not one problem. Previously when I was applying for marriage visas annually the rules always contradicted the previous rules even though they all used the same rule book.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

but surely that rule  book clearly states  all that.......surely

No it does not, hence why the disagreeing. The only way to settle things was by mutual agreement and compromising. Saving face for the Thai.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What?

Dont play the slow thinker, I'm not your secretary, you can look up the info yourself and find plenty of links. Have a great day 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2