No Big Jump Of Chinese Tourist Arrivals At Chiang Mai Airport

webfact

3 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

......hand out free plane tickets to the chinese, that would surely boosted theirs arrivals to chiang mai 

if they send out/include on the trip  FREE all-you-can-eat buffet tickets, they may come 555

• Thumbs Up 1

Chinese government is controlling the number of tour groups traveling abroad due to slump in their economy.

yes tours all need government approval before traveling abroad. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Look at the schools and supermarkets etc you will see that many of them are here already. But on a more permanent basis.

Continued virus infections sweeping China will also not encourage tourism.

I thought I read somewhere the whole COVID thing was an elaborate hoax to get us (the sheeple) to stop using cash and do what we're told and own nothing. Isn't that what the Great Reset, Bill Gates, the WEF and all the other conspirators want? What happened to that theory, and where did the theorists go?

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

All good. Fewer Chinese tourists usually means a more pleasant experience. Same applies to Russians, though they are here in droves now. 

No problem here in Pratamnak with Chinese or Russians.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

ALTHOUGH the number of passengers arriving at Chiang Mai International Airport increased throughout 2023 after World Health Organization ended the global emergency status for Covid-19 the free-visa scheme has not boosted the number of Chinese tourist arrivals, TV Channel 7 said last night (March 1).

Wing Commander Ronakorn Chalermsanyakorn, director of this northern airport, said the overall total number of passengers reached 7.8 million in 2023, up 75% from the previous year.

Even so, the free-visa access for tourists from China temporarily granted from Sept. 25, 2023 to Feb. 29, 2024 and extended yesterday has not boosted the number of Chinese passengers because Chinese airlines flying to this northern city have not increased their flights, he said.

by TNR Staff

TOP: Chinese tourists having fun in Chiang Mai. Photo Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Then , as usual, TAT just throws random numbers around, without very justifying then, or being questioned on why they always seem to get it wrong.

1 minute ago, Aussie999 said:

Personally I don't think numbers will get back to pre covid, there's so much advertising coming from Viet Nam, and Cambodia... Thailandccould be the loser, and, let's face it, they've bought it upon themselves. 

And why is that pray tell.

2 hours ago, fallup88 said:

Chinese government is controlling the number of tour groups traveling abroad due to slump in their economy.

yes tours all need government approval before traveling abroad. 

Just one of the joys of living under a commie regime. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Thailand said:

Look at the schools and supermarkets etc you will see that many of them are here already. But on a more permanent basis.

Continued virus infections sweeping China will also not encourage tourism.

Are you sure about that? Having covid did not stop the chinese from allowing travel here. 

I am curious though what idiot thought if they take away the visa fee it will increase travellers? If anything it will only increase the poor travellers. Which i thought the Thais were trying to stop from coming? The normal everyday person does not see to travel to another country and base their decision on a meager entry fee. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Just one of the joys of living under a commie regime. 

I can say for a fact this is correct. I know several chinese that had their passports taken away by the government for covid. For their New years holiday though they were told that government workers were still not permitted to get their passports returned or to leave the country. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

Are you sure about that? Having covid did not stop the chinese from allowing travel here. 

I am curious though what idiot thought if they take away the visa fee it will increase travellers? If anything it will only increase the poor travellers. Which i thought the Thais were trying to stop from coming? The normal everyday person does not see to travel to another country and base their decision on a meager entry fee. 

The Chinese were certainly not travelling during Covid there were massive restrictions on not simply travel but movement even within Chinese cities which was controlled.

I personally know 3 Chinese families who live in ChiangMai and because they were in China when Covid was rampant could not not return for 2 years in each case.

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

I thought I read somewhere the whole COVID thing was an elaborate hoax to get us (the sheeple) to stop using cash and do what we're told and own nothing. Isn't that what the Great Reset, Bill Gates, the WEF and all the other conspirators want? What happened to that theory, and where did the theorists go?

I think it was a Bioweapon to clear the Elderly.not enough births to support it 

• Thumbs Up 1

Still around even after the

de-platforming, debanking,

censoring,ridicule,shadow banning,

character smearing

and lawfare.

The truth will always emerge eventually.

to get us (the sheeple) to stop using cash and do what we're told and own nothing

If you fall for the Central Bank Digital Currency  then indeed you will own nothing and I'm sure the vast  majority won't be happy at all ...living in 15 minute pods,carbon tax for vehicle use,every movement and purchase tracked meat and dairy highly restricted due to "climate emergency" eat the bugs they are environmentaly friendly !

Dystopian nightmare.

4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Then , as usual, TAT just throws random numbers around, without very justifying then, or being questioned on why they always seem to get it wrong.

Thailand is the hub of number throwing also.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thank fully mostly down south.

I spent about an hour hanging out at the arrivals area at Suvarnabhumi in Bangkok last weekend waiting to meet an incoming family member.

Could have sworn I was actually in the arrivals area at Beijing airport, given the numbers / share of Chinese who were flowing out of the BKK arrivals area.