No Big Jump Of Chinese Tourist Arrivals At Chiang Mai Airport

webfact

8 hours ago, johng said:

Still around even after the

de-platforming, debanking,

censoring,ridicule,shadow banning,

character smearing

and lawfare.

The truth will always emerge eventually.

Yeah? And how will you recognise it?

8 hours ago, johng said:

If you fall for the Central Bank Digital Currency  then indeed you will own nothing and I'm sure the vast  majority won't be happy at all ...living in 15 minute pods,carbon tax for vehicle use,every movement and purchase tracked meat and dairy highly restricted due to "climate emergency" eat the bugs they are environmentaly friendly !

Dystopian nightmare.

But it's you who are falling for that theory. How are you going to mitigate it?

Sell fridges for THB 200 at the North Pole = no takers. 

Thailand's tourism industry needs a major revamp. First and foremost, stop racism and that will take more time than it took to implant this attitude. Everything non-Thai is free wild bait, ready for getting cheated, short changed, skimmed if not skinned alive. 

Over four decades living here, understanding Thai fluently, I am absolutely appalled about what I hear literally everywhere, when non-Thais surface as potential customers. 

Thailand has had the unique all-round product, culture, food, history, architecture, nature and beaches. But Thailand is in the process of losing this "mono-destination advantage" and the caucasian quality tourism made way for the quantity avalanches of Russians, Indians, Middle Easterners and lately Chinese. 

Thailand is not geared for millions of tourists on a monthly basis, rather have fewer but better quality/better paying tourism. Latter requires above-average service level, linguistic skills and and an absolute absence of racism. 

As said, there is plenty to do for Thailand and it will take quite some time to recap at least some of the quality business which made Thailand such a magnificent destination 30 years ago ........ 

On 3/2/2024 at 5:41 PM, Thailand said:

The Chinese were certainly not travelling during Covid there were massive restrictions on not simply travel but movement even within Chinese cities which was controlled.

I personally know 3 Chinese families who live in ChiangMai and because they were in China when Covid was rampant could not not return for 2 years in each case.

I meant at the beginning of covid. When 100s of thousands were permitted to travel when the government already knew covid was rampant. 

On 3/2/2024 at 12:46 PM, spidermike007 said:

All good. Fewer Chinese tourists usually means a more pleasant experience. Same applies to Russians, though they are here in droves now. 

Droves or Drones ?!?