Checks ordered on foreigners in Phuket for possible links to organized crime

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

Things are getting really bad when you go to bed and listen to music only to hear Russians selling their services, Building companies, real estate, cleaning, taxis, bar and  restaurants, club owners with Russian bimbos, visa services and the list goes on and on. 

Russian women driving drunk and killing people on bikes, Russians fighting with the wife and killing a Thai women on a bike,, Russian mafia coming to a town near you. And there free visas are still happening it's time Thailand did the same as Sri Lanka and send them all home. 

Well, while we are picking on them..... mostly harmless but lacking in class, bonking on the beach!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Swiss national, who is facing assault charges filed against him by the doctor, is having his visa and registration with a foundation caring for elephants checked by officials.

I wonder how the people who 'Donate' to this foundation feel about his lavish lifestyle.

has he even ever donated 1b to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good idea.. bad people out, good people find other destinations... result complaining Phuket.. Everybody happy...And than imagine that Bangkok and Phuket want to welcome the World Gay Days in 2028..... nice promotion for Thailand already

Edited by ikke1959

13 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Not only check the backgrounds, but also check their motor vehicles, living accommodation, business licenses, visas, language school attendance records, sources of funds, and of course their known Thai associates, telephone calls, etc.. Focus on the Russians, especially the ones that have a Police Officer's phone number in their contacts phone book!

Check all people living in villas and big condos.

You forgot their inside leg measurement  :cheesy:

• Haha 1

Just alot of chest beating.

Cops are far too lazy to check thousands of foreigners not to mention language issues.

It'll blow over very quickly especially with Songkran booze up  looming.

The Swiss kicked the wrong Thai. Unless he shells out the cash she may actually get him booted out. If money not an issue -and she is a doctor on a good salary- farang big problem. The creepy wife threatining to kill her with no consequences doesnt help.

• Like 1

"to ascertain whether they are members of extortion gangs or involved in organised crime." So the powers of Phuket are out in droves now to do, what they've been paid to do ever since.

This is excellent news as they will wipe the streets clean of the local extortionists and all those mafia-copycats for which some places in Thailand got an interesting reputation and that includes certain islands in the South 😉 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket Deputy Governor Adul Chuthong said today that Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul ordered an investigation of foreign criminal gangs in Phuket

You know that it is going to be a problem when a nut in charge appears on the scene.

The whataboutism on this thread is astounding. Thailand can't incarcerate its way out of surging crime, and they sure can't deport Thais. But they sure as hell can deport imported foreign criminal dirt bags. And the cries of people afraid to face scrutiny is laughable. Do no wrong, and you have no worries. It's simple. I only hope people actually get deported as a result of any  elevated scrutiny. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, john donson said:

if they ever get serious, check all people using an agent... you know, for funds that does not exist...

Nah, just check all those enrolled for language classes - although turning up during teaching hours might net very few.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HammerGuy said:

It's a piece of red meat to pacify the natives 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Phuket provincial administration has instructed all district officers to check the backgrounds and conduct of foreigners living on the resort island, including the Swiss man who allegedly assaulted a female Thai doctor, to ascertain whether they are members of extortion gangs or involved in organised crime.

Foreigners, in this context, are citizens from western democracies.

16 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Not only check the backgrounds, but also check their motor vehicles, living accommodation, business licenses, visas, language school attendance records, sources of funds, and of course their known Thai associates, telephone calls, etc.. Focus on the Russians, especially the ones that have a Police Officer's phone number in their contacts phone book!

Check all people living in villas and big condos.

:cheesy:....are you naive?

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

How are Russians or indeed any nationality to blame for ONE Swiss guy who got angry because idiots kept wandering into his garden?  Yes he lost his temper and shouted at the women to F off.  
In his situation I probably would have done the same. 

You would? People like you on a short fuse scare me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a multitude of reasons why very few around the world have sympathy for the Russians. Those reasons are not limited to their serial killing, despot, thieving multi billionaire dictator for life. It is more about their nature, their history as ruthless, homicidal Cossack warriors, and their total lack of manners, and class. Not to mention the dignity, class, decency, civility, and social skills decades of Leninism, Stalinism, and now Putinism has stripped them of. 

And of course, the utter failure of their leader. This is a clear case of psychological projection: Putin dreamt and failed to create a dollar-free world and establish Russia as an “energy superpower.” He allowed corruption to metastasize through the state’s fabric, undermining its security capabilities. With its mass emigration, skyrocketing divorce rate, and low fertility, Russia, more than the West, demonstrates an immense collapse of family and social values.

I have friends who know younger Russians. And they say they are kind, friendly and progressive. I have no idea what percentage of the population these younger people represent, nor how representative they are of the Russian population. Personally, I have met very few friendly Russians. Anywhere in the world. The vast majority of Russians I have met, seem to have very, very few redeeming qualities. It is no wonder. I can only speak from my experience. Have run into alot of Russians both in the US, and on Phuket and Samui, 98% of them seem to be grumpy, unfriendly and gruff. Some of them are downright hostile. Likely a reflection of a very, very rough culture and environment. So, perhaps it is not a coincidence that the world is not standing up to support them and show them kindness? Just an observation.

I do not think their arrogance is a sense of entitlement. I think it is a reflection of the current culture. It was destroyed over a century of callous and murderous leadership. Stalin, Lenin, Khruschev, now Putin. They have become somewhat savage and crude. No grace, no finesse, no courtesy. Rather uncivilized. My family was from Russia a few generations back. I used to ask my great-grandmother when she was still around, why they didn't teach us anything about the old country. She would give me this look, and tell me "the reason we never teach you about the place we came from, is because the place we came from was the most horrific country on earth, it was the most destitute, horrible, oppressive place and we were thrilled to finally get out of there and leave it behind. That's why we don't teach you about the old country, the old country doesn't exist for us. 

Spidermike, this is likely the first time we've agreed on anything, but you are 1000% right!  😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, john donson said:

if they ever get serious, check all people using an agent... you know, for funds that does not exist...

Very unlikely that will happen. What an agent gets paid gets spread around. Could well pay an IO's kid's school fees.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1