Checks ordered on foreigners in Phuket for possible links to organized crime

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Not only check the backgrounds, but also check their motor vehicles, living accommodation, business licenses, visas, language school attendance records, sources of funds, and of course their known Thai associates, telephone calls, etc.. Focus on the Russians, especially the ones that have a Police Officer's phone number in their contacts phone book!

Check all people living in villas and big condos.

yes, they would never consider living in a normal apartment to keep a low profile.. we got em..

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Perhaps they should sort their own house out first, corruption breeds corruption. 

not at at all....  its a way of life...  but those dirty farang...  jobs are reserved and so is the right to get wasted, carry guns, and do this

6 minutes ago, Seeall said:

yes, they would never consider living in a normal apartment to keep a low profile.. we got em..

Many criminals like to behave as they do in their home country: drive expensive vehicles usually with heavily tinted windows so police can't see inside, lots of tattoos, wear 1kg gold necklaces, girlfriends have diamond necklaces, boss people around because they are entitled to special extraordinary service, live extravagantly, take the best of everything. They like to protect their home base/businesses so check houses/villas with razor wire and CCTV cameras.

Just follow the big money, the Thai authorities will find lots of them in Phuket and some in Pattaya area and a few in Bangkok.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bennukbin said:

Maybe it’s time for another “superstar” to mysteriously fall in a river to shift the public’s minute attention span to the next big story. 

The news is already shifting. Today's news is all about the big ladyboy fight between Philippine and Thai ladyboys in Sukhumvit Soi 11 last night. Looks like a hundred or two having a riot with helmeted police getting squashed in the mess. Quite funny to watch actually.

Edited by Dexxter
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

The news is already shifting. Today's news is all about the big ladyboy fight between Philippine and Thai ladyboys in Sukhumvit Soi 11 last night. Looks like a hundred or two having a riot with helmeted police getting squashed in the mess. Quite funny to watch actually.

well, you are disappointing indeed... wheres the pics and vids???  if we cant see it we dont beleive it man....

As far i have visited this country the moods towards foreigners already changes at least 3 times. From placing hopes for they will arrive and bring the money to strange disaffection that they have came. It is like walking by circles. Looks like there is not a consolidated position just reaction on events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

How many times have we heard of people of other nationalities causing problems?   Are you suggesting they throw out everyone of any nationality just because someone from that group does something wrong?  

No I'm saying they should have been a little more selective on entry and not focus so much on entry numbers to look good.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

Yes, this goon was the only person in Thailand that pays a million baht per month in rent! At least within the confines of his own warp mind. 

lol, another ridiculous thing from Thais. It would have been much better to crack down on all the Thai criminals scamming foreigners with dual prices and so on. But no, racist Thais need to stick together in this racist country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DjSilver said:

lol, another ridiculous thing from Thais. It would have been much better to crack down on all the Thai criminals scamming foreigners with dual prices and so on. But no, racist Thais need to stick together in this racist country. 

You are more concerned about dual pricing to get into the Zoo..................:omfg:

• Agree 1

The underlying questions are:

Would Phuket be Phuket without organized crime?

Would Phuket be full of tourists without organized crime's money? 

Rational people know how much these foreign criminals invest in these places, and even if some politicians wave the scepter of legality, there are many more who consider the investments.

I had the opportunity to reside in Hong Kong for three years. Hong Kong would never have become Hong Kong with fishermen, street food vendors, jet skis and cafeterias.

Let's be rational. Organized crime is part of Phuket.

3 minutes ago, zhounan said:

The underlying questions are:

Would Phuket be Phuket without organized crime?

Would Phuket be full of tourists without organized crime's money? 

Rational people know how much these foreign criminals invest in these places, and even if some politicians wave the scepter of legality, there are many more who consider the investments.

I had the opportunity to reside in Hong Kong for three years. Hong Kong would never have become Hong Kong with fishermen, street food vendors, jet skis and cafeterias.

Let's be rational. Organized crime is part of Phuket.

I thought organised crime or just crime was in any location worldwide, we all know the media anywhere controls, just look at what happens when a celebrity is picked on for something.

Dave IS the local celebrity to the locals and the media....🤩

4 minutes ago, zhounan said:

I am Italian, let me express my humble opinion:

The distance between organized crime and crime is the same as between the Earth and the Moon. 

It is true that all places in the world have crime, but it is not true that all places in the world have organized crime.

Also, crime you can eradicate, organized crime you can't eradicate.

For these reasons, and more reasons, Thai authorities can put out of their minds the idea of eradicating organized crime in Phuket, at most they can arrest a few foreign criminals to show off or point fingering in front of the cameras, the favourite sport of Thai Police.

My opinion on Thai stuff and getting rid of crime or organised crime is, who has their fingers in the cash pie, if you get my drift.......😉

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

ascertain whether they are members of extortion gangs or involved in organised crime.

So apparently such criminal activities have not been a previous priority? Too focused on illegal late bar closures and civilian drunks? Or such criminal activities have benefited from "protection" that the new government ministry sees as an opportunity to investigate in line with its populist law & order theme.

• Agree 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:04 AM, Banana7 said:

Not only check the backgrounds, but also check their motor vehicles, living accommodation, business licenses, visas, language school attendance records, sources of funds, and of course their known Thai associates, telephone calls, etc.. Focus on the Russians, especially the ones that have a Police Officer's phone number in their contacts phone book!

Check all people living in villas and big condos.

Ur right,,require police records of all Russian tourists, b4 issuing visas, and Swiss, and Chinese, and every other foreign person, trouble is police reports would be corrupt ,then all the good guys would be Subject to more visa restrictions. 

Russian mafia went into the USA and took on the Sicilian mafia, they were not scared of them. 

Australia has massive problems with Lebanese mafia and drugs. 

NZ has huge problems with gangs now working with Chinese mafia. 

The NZ government we're warned by Hong Kong British police that opening up to Chinese migration on a large scale would bring the Triads in.

What happened NZ ignored the advice, now drugs and crime are huge and gangs work with the Chinese and the police cannot stop it. 

14 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The problem with this guy is it's not his first offense. There is video of him blocking an ambulance and giving them the bird. He's the exact kind of turd we DON'T need here cuz his stench taints all expats.

This alleged offence of 'blocking an ambulance' has been mentioned a zillion times - with a minor detail left out! This ambulance did not have their siren deployed and was not racing to an accident scene or to the hospital - apart from the Driver there was nobody in the van.

Accordingly, the only one ever charged was the driver of the Ambulance for telling porkies on social media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:52 AM, arick said:

Phuket governor forgets how badly the stunk  with corruption 17 years ago 

He and his oldest son were jailed.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoobMaster86 said:

I live in Phuket & yesterday I got a notification from Thai Police will come search my home/condo today...

Really? where in Phuket if you dont mind me asking? 

I wonder if any other guys on here have been contacted? 

Edited by ChipButty

13 hours ago, traveller101 said:

This alleged offence of 'blocking an ambulance' has been mentioned a zillion times - with a minor detail left out! This ambulance did not have their siren deployed and was not racing to an accident scene or to the hospital - apart from the Driver there was nobody in the van.

Accordingly, the only one ever charged was the driver of the Ambulance for telling porkies on social media.

No charges have been filed Black audi cut in front Ambulance

https://www.thephuketnews.com/swiss-expat-fehr-in-ambulance-obstruction-case-91475.php