New Zealand And Thailand Discussing Visa-Free Access

webfact

image.jpeg

THAI Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin and New Zealand’s Prime Minister Christopher Luxon agreed at a meeting today (Mar. 5) that further discussions be held on visa-free access to the two countries, Matichon newspaper said.

During the meeting which took place on the sidelines of Asean-Australia Special Summit Srettha mentioned that New Zealand is one of Thailand’s oldest allies with close relations between the two nations stretching 68 years.

He suggested that the two countries work together to promote mutually beneficial cooperation including in new areas that show potential for growth.

by TNR Staff

TOP: Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin holding talks with New Zealand Prime Minister Christopher Laxon today, Mar. 5, 2024. Photo: Matichon

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

9 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Sorry about being a bit thick but when it says "Visa Free Access" does that mean they can turn up anytime and stay for however long ?

iI was 90-days visa exemption in the past. So 90 days is a good guess.

6 hours ago, george said:

iI was 90-days visa exemption in the past. So 90 days is a good guess.

I used to get that. 90 days and a trip to Malaya and repeat as many times as wanted.

Train across the border, then get off, walk up the hill and return to LOS. Bus to Hat Yai. Bliss.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to get that. 90 days and a trip to Malaya and repeat as many times as wanted.

Train across the border, then get off, walk up the hill and return to LOS. Bus to Hat Yai. Bliss.

Living the dream

New Zealand needs to get its <deleted> together first and take care of its own citizens. In my case l paid tax in NZ for well over thirty years but because l was residing in Thailand at the time l turned 65 my application for the pension was refused. l therefore have to survive on my own and at 76 that is not easy. l was told to go back to NZ for two years and apply again. Impossible for me to do then or now. !!!!!!

• Sad 1