Foreign man kicks up a storm over discriminatory bike rental policy in Phuket

webfact

On 3/6/2024 at 8:19 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I think he's referring to the duplicitous treatment of foreigners with state sanctioned dual pricing.

I can see the point.... IF Authorities can sanction discrimination in the form of dual pricing....   and if Businesses across Thailand get away with this practice without warnings from Authorities....  Then there is no reason why a practice can't operate in the same manner but turning the tables and operating in a discriminatory manner against Thai's..... 

I get that sentiment... and for me it would mean any Thai complaining of unfair treatment does not have a justifiable complaint.

That said: I object to and prejudicial treatment of anyone, no matter where, what, for whom or by whom.

I deplore dual charging in all examples and in this case, I find the mistreatment of a Thai customer also deplorable, regardless of what happens elsewhere. 

In your own country, tax system has different rates for different incomes. Local students and foreign students do not pay the same fees. I don't see people complain about that. Buddhist temples in Thailand, for local people, they are places of worship, NOT for sightseeing and National parks are supported by taxes which foreigners do not pay. That is the same idea used for higher fees for foreign students in Europe and the US.