Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I did not make the claim that it was.

Where did I say you did. I did say

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The demand to release the hostages is also not contingent on a ceasefire, you forgot that bit

• Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Without release of the prisoners, no, I don't believe they will. That said, the demand for the ceasefire is not contingent on the release of the hostages.

Israel is not going to have a cease fire without the release of the hostages and the terrorists surrendering that is all too apparent, all a ceasefire would achieve is to give time for the terrorists to regroup and to carry on their promise of taking all the Israeli land and killing all the Israelis, the terrorists lie and cannot be trusted. Israel must do what is right to secure their own existence!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Maybe you will become less mute when you read what this elderley woman had to say about the real reason of food shortages in Gaza.

An elderly Palestinian woman has accused Hamas of hoarding international aid during a live TV interview, in a rare case of Gazans criticising the group in the media.

The unnamed woman was speaking to Al Jazeera when she took Hamas to task, apparently unconcerned about the consequences of doing so.

“All the aid goes underground,” she said in Arabic, an apparent reference to Hamas’ vast network of underground tunnels, which it uses to hide supplies for the war on Israel. “It does not reach all the people.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/12/08/elderly-gazan-accuses-hamas-stealing-aid-rare-criticism/

And when the IDF try to stop Hamas taking/stealing  all the food aid , taking/stealing food from the Palestinian people , Western Palestinian supporters accuse the IDF of shooting Palestinian trying to get aid .

Its the IDF shooting Hamas who are stealing and its Hamas who are keeping the food away from Palestinians .

The IDF try to get food to the people, buy they get accused of killing the people 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Is that a joke? I included it in a link, no?

No joke, what would be funny about forgetting that? Are we going to argue about how funny things are now? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No joke, what do you funny about forgetting that? Are we going to argue about how funny things are now? 

I didn't forget it, it was clearly in the link that I provided. Can't you even bring yourself to acknowledge that? The rules of this forum prevent me from quoting the entirety of links. Should I have quoted that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I didn't forget it, it was clearly in the link that I provided. Can't you even bring yourself to acknowledge that? The rules of this forum prevent me from quoting the entirety of links. Should I have quoted that?

It is not in your post.

Here is your link, https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/25/us-un-resolution-cease-fire-row-with-israel-00148813 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here is my link:

"The resolution approved Monday demands the release of hostages but does not make it a condition for the cease-fire for the month of Ramadan, which ends in April."

https://apnews.com/article/un-gaza-ceasefire-resolution-vote-ramadan-b7985fede65e5477aba2c8d2e62a6632

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Here is my link:

"The resolution approved Monday demands the release of hostages but does not make it a condition for the cease-fire for the month of Ramadan, which ends in April."

https://apnews.com/article/un-gaza-ceasefire-resolution-vote-ramadan-b7985fede65e5477aba2c8d2e62a6632

So you've got two posts on the same subject and a video. You do know there is a topic for this with all the details.

image.png.22bb00e2740762d887d832e255549d5d.png

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said the resolution "must be implemented" to secure a ceasefire and the "immediate and unconditional release of all hostages".

UNSC passes resolutions ‘an immediate ceasefire’ 'unconditional release of hostages'

In the Security Council vote on Monday, the US abstained, while the remaining 14 members voted in favour. The US had previously blocked resolutions calling for a ceasefire, saying such a move would be wrong while delicate negotiations for a truce and hostage releases were continuing between Israel and Hamas.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1323270-unsc-passes-resolutions-‘an-immediate-ceasefire’-unconditional-release-of-hostages

Just now, ozimoron said:

The politico link clearly states that the two demands were not linked. Your accusation said otherwise.

Quote me where I said it was not in the link and that I was lying

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It was not in your post, I responded you forgot that bit, is that simple enough for you. Jeez talk about augmentative. To claim I was lying is false and inflammatory

image.png.a77a54bcb719973bf3fa2fafb55e946c.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

It was not in your post, I responded you forgot that bit, is that simple enough for you. Jeez talk about augmentative. To claim I was lying is false and inflammatory

image.png.a77a54bcb719973bf3fa2fafb55e946c.png

My post included a link which specifically said that. This only proves that you don't read links adverse to your pov.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

My post included a link which specifically said that. This only proves that you don't read links adverse to your pov.

I was not responding to your post with link though was I and yes I do read links.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Hamas said it welcomed the U.N.'s move but said the cease-fire needs to be permanent.

“We confirm our readiness to engage in an immediate prisoner exchange process that leads to the release of prisoners on both sides,” the group said. For months, the militants have sought a deal that includes a complete end to the conflict.

The UN resolution demanded Hamas to release hostage immediately with no pre conditions not with a prisoner exchange, they have ignored that bit. Its all in the topic anyway

https://aseannow.com/topic/1323270-unsc-passes-resolutions-‘an-immediate-ceasefire’-unconditional-release-of-hostages

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I simply posted what Hamas said with no comment, much less a claim that it did.

I know what you posted and I responded. Its a forum and I also pointed out that the very point made in your post has already been posted in the appropriate topic

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I know what you posted and I responded. Its a forum and I also pointed out that the very point made in your post has already been posted in the appropriate topic

The statement by Hamas is new. How many times have you posted something already said?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The statement by Hamas is new. How many times have you posted something already said?

The statement by Hamas is over 3 hours old and the quote to it from Reuters was already posted over an hour ago in the appropriate topic. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The statement by Hamas is over 3 hours old and the quote to it from Reuters was already posted over an hour ago in the appropriate topic.

Oh, not this topic? Damn, hang me high. Meantime, links to Reuters are not permitted here. I might remind you that you didn't provide the link you referred to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Oh, not this topic? Damn, hang me high. Meantime, links to Reuters are not permitted here. I might remind you that you didn't provide the link you referred to.

Links to Reuters are permitted. 

• Confused 1