Headstart or Thai classes in Jomtien?

DLButler

Would a new arrival to Jomtien be able to find any kind of headstart or beginning Thai class that would get me started with some basics?  Anyone have any experience to share?

10 minutes ago, DLButler said:

Would a new arrival to Jomtien be able to find any kind of headstart or beginning Thai class that would get me started with some basics?  Anyone have any experience to share?

I am not from  Jomtien so I dont know of any but If they have them in Khon Kaen where I am I am sure that there must be some in your area, 

But if you wanted to get started on the basics, why not an online beginners course? 

But I did a google search and found several 

https://www.google.com/search?q=thai+clases+in+Jomtien&oq=thai+clases+in+Jomtien&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQIRgKGKABMgkIAhAhGAoYoAEyCQgDECEYChigAdIBCDU1NjRqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#rlimm=11922439377144589514

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

There's a language school up by the Machanu statue, on the south side of the 7-eleven and medical clinic. It seems to have a steady flow of customers when I'm in that area, try calling then and ask if they offer what you want.

image.png.0007fa2daaecfcb67653aca2cd738d0d.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 8:18 PM, sirineou said:

I am not from  Jomtien so I dont know of any but If they have them in Khon Kaen where I am I am sure that there must be some in your area, 

But if you wanted to get started on the basics, why not an online beginners course? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=thai+clases+in+Jomtien&oq=thai+clases+in+Jomtien&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQIRgKGKABMgkIAhAhGAoYoAEyCQgDECEYChigAdIBCDU1NjRqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#rlimm=11922439377144589514

Thank you.  I am familiar with the Google machine.  I used it to find this site.  My question (if you go back and look) was: "Anyone have any experience to share?".  Maybe you can share how you picked up the language.  It might spark a conversation among others too who might all say they just picked the language up as they went, and never took any classes, I don't know.  Just a thought.

Edited by DLButler
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DLButler said:

Thank you.  I am familiar with the Google machine.  I used it to find this site.  My question (if you go back and look) was: "Anyone have any experience to share?".  Maybe you can share how you picked up the language.  It might spark a conversation among others too who might all say they just picked the language up as they went, and never took any classes, I don't know.  Just a thought.

Apologies for trying to help

8 hours ago, DLButler said:

Just a thought..! your off to a flying start. Not.Try being kind to the folk offering responses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Apologies for trying to help

It sounded like you were telling me to look it up myself.  I'm not looking for a fight here, I just wanted to hear about the experiences of those already there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:18 AM, sirineou said:

1) to get the tones right, you need a Thai teacher to correct you

2) @sirineou was asking for experience ! And especially in the Pattaya area, this is a very valid question, as there are quite a number of „schools“ operating more as Education Visa „enablers“ - instead of teaching Thai.

• Like 2