Thai Govt Launches ‘Vape Operation’ in Bangkok, Seize 10,000 Illegal E-Cigarette Products

webfact

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister’s Office, and relevant agencies launched a “Vape Operation” to eradicate major sources of e-cigarette sales worth more than three million baht in Bangkok areas.

The dealers were "vaporized"!

Amazing Thailand.. I see military, soldiers, teachers and government officers vaping all over the country.......How to solve a problem?? They can't even stop the black smoke cars or oblige to ride with a helmet on a motorbike.... But vaping they can stop?? First start with ones who are in charge or have a public position as an example 

Bangkok launches Vape Operation cracking down on e-cigarette sales

by Top 

image.jpeg

Photo courtesy of The Pattaya News

A comprehensive ‘Vape Operation’ was launched at 2.30pm on March 6, resulting in a crackdown on major e-cigarette sales sources in various areas of Bangkok.

The operation was coordinated by Dr. Puangpetch Chunlaid, Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, alongside relevant agencies. The targeted e-cigarette sales were estimated to be worth over three million baht.

Following a detailed police investigation, Dr. Puangpetch and his team conducted hands-on inspections in several areas across the city. The focus was on community areas where e-cigarette vendors were reportedly selling their products to minors and students.

Before digging deeper into the warehouses serving as distribution centres in the Daeng area, the officers seized the disputed property. The investigation also uncovered online platforms used for delivering the products to consumers, as reported by the police.

This ‘Vape Operation’ involved a collaborative effort across all sectors, aimed at suppressing and eradicating e-cigarettes from Thai society.

Consequently, 15 different locations were raided, resulting in the arrest of eight suspects involved in e-cigarette sales in Bangkok. Over 10,000 illegal e-cigarette-related products were confiscated, with an estimated total value of three million baht (US$84,364).

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok—At 2:30 PM, on March 6th, 2024, Dr. Puangpetch Chunlaid, the Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, and relevant agencies launched a “Vape Operation” to eradicate major sources of e-cigarette sales worth more than three million baht in Bangkok areas.

One wonders how they are getting across borders or past customs and onto almost every street market in Thailand.

The owners of the tobacco factories must be getting angry that the new generation is more health-conscious. Smoking cigarettes is really starting to be out of fashion and that must show in the tobacco companies' profits. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Amazing Thailand.. I see military, soldiers, teachers and government officers vaping all over the country.......How to solve a problem?? They can't even stop the black smoke cars or oblige to ride with a helmet on a motorbike.... But vaping they can stop?? First start with ones who are in charge or have a public position as an example 

Their the ones smuggling heroin. 

A drop in the ocean. Will do nothing to curtail (ab)use.

The main problem with vapes is that people don't realize it's bad - they think it's a harmless alternative to cigarettes - but in reality most vape juice out there is sub-standard toxic crap with all sort of harmful chemicals. So they will gladly vape in your face not giving two ****s whether you wish to be second-hand vaping or not, and the worst part is that they do it in rooms designated as no smoking too!

One of my favorite venues recently decided to allow vapes in the no smoking room (despite having a designated smoking room). I'm probably their most loyal customer (go there daily) but if I keep getting that toxic crap in my face I'll have to find an alternative. Pretty sure I'm allergic to it as being around it gives me huge respiratory issues the next couple of days.

P.S. Yes- not all vape juice is toxic, but the stuff mainly being sold here (cheap Chinese crap) most certainly is.

8 hours ago, SS1 said:

The owners of the tobacco factories must be getting angry that the new generation is more health-conscious. Smoking cigarettes is really starting to be out of fashion and that must show in the tobacco companies' profits. 

Vaping is not harmless and can cause a range of health problems12345. The health harms associated with vaping include:

• Nausea and vomiting
  • Mouth and airway irritations
  • Chest pains and heart palpitations
  • Nicotine addiction
  • Intentional and unintentional poisoning

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

Vaping is not harmless and can cause a range of health problems12345. The health harms associated with vaping include:

• Nausea and vomiting
  • Mouth and airway irritations
  • Chest pains and heart palpitations
  • Nicotine addiction
  • Intentional and unintentional poisoning

There is no doubt that inhaling any foreign substance into the lungs is always somewhat bad. However, there are plenty of studies suggesting that vaping is much less harmful than smoking cigarettes, making it a great alternative for someone who wishes to stop smoking. Just some NHS guidelines for example here: https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/quit-smoking/vaping-to-quit-smoking

Other than that, it's a personal choice. The only reason for any crackdowns in Thailand is due to pressure from the tobacco monopoly. Vaping is legal in most developed countries. Oh and let's not even mention the current pm 2.5 problem.. where most people have no choice. 

• Agree 1

Thai Govt Launches ‘Vape Operation’ in Bangkok, Seize 10,000 Illegal E-Cigarette Products 

Haven't they got more Important  Crimes to attent to than this ?

Start with Corruption and Traffic Rules an Laws ,Mafia Etc that will keep them Busy 24/7 for the next 100 Years.

But the biggest Problem is that the Government Hasn't got the Guts  to do Anything there's too much money to be made from corruption.