Tourists capturing marine life for social media face legal action

webfact

If they are scavenging social media, I would love them to get all those cringe YouTubers. Heck I will snitch some of them, give me a link of Thais work together website or app.😀😱😱

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Even if this behaviour was ALLOWED, then it's both unfair to the creatures whose home they're invading, and potentially dangerous for these idiots from getting stung, bitten or cut, PLUS dangerous diving profiles.

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

You can look maybe touch but do not take.that has the rule for years.everyone knows including boat owners.so doing that is a complete no no

You do not touch, just look was and is the rule. The only thing you should ever take to the surface is rubbish or lost gear you come across. It's only Thais who getaway with desecration of the sea.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

Some never learn !!! 🤔

Do they in fact know the laws, please don't say they should, as no-one knows all the laws, of Thailand, even the cops don't, it lies firmly on the shoulds of the guides to tell the tourist... the term "guides" tells it all.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

Potential for pulmonary barotrauma and pneumothorax by not breathing out on the ascent along with decompression sickness (bends) from uncontrolled ascents. 

I have dived for years am astounded by these pictures-Exactly can’t believe anyone would try this type of diving you cant make this stuff up - last picture of the guy tangled up with the hose says it all. 

• Thanks 1

take another look at those photos - that reef is completely destroyed, it's a wasteland. looks like they picked up the only thing alive and took a photo. too late to protect anything there, it's 99% dead.

I grew up in the USVI and was a safety diver for a couple of dive outfits. If I were a paying tourist on that dive, I would demand my money back, it's all dead coral!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Was he capturing marine life. or was he handling it?

Two different things, 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Yutthapong emphasized park regulations, prohibiting activities harmful to marine life and the environment.

As it should be, but was what he did harmful? I am not saying that it was not , I really don't know what he did. 

Does anyone have links to his posts?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

including shellfish, in Zone 7. 

What is zone 7? I googled it but could not find any info as it pertains  to Thai marine resources. 

were the shellfish protected species? 

BY the way , what's with the air hoses? 

No BC vests, how did they control their buoyancy? 

What's the problem with strapping on a couple of 80s ?  I know, I bet few of them were certified. 

Big problem, does not take much and the marine shellfish will be gone, a fragile ecosystem , lose one layer and all of it goes

.....be no reason to dive anymore after that

39 minutes ago, Graham8888 said:

I have dived for years am astounded by these pictures-Exactly can’t believe anyone would try this type of diving you cant make this stuff up - last picture of the guy tangled up with the hose says it all. 

I fear for some of the divers. They are not using Scuba nor snorkel gear, have no dive vest. It appears they are using a single hose with small mouth regulator(?). Picture shows 4-5 divers using long tubes for air - back into the boat air pump(s) / where is air coming from at what pressure? How is air pressure regulated above surface, free from engine fumes, kinks? 

In a picture background there are several divers in full Scuba gear - no issue there but is there a qualified, permitted dive master overseeing the dive? I bet not.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I fear for some of the divers. They are not using Scuba nor snorkel gear, have no dive vest. It appears they are using a single hose with small mouth regulator(?). Picture shows 4-5 divers using long tubes for air - back into the boat air pump(s) / where is air coming from at what pressure? How is air pressure regulated above surface, free from engine fumes, kinks? 

In a picture background there are several divers in full Scuba gear - no issue there but is there a qualified, permitted dive master overseeing the dive? I bet not.

I thi k they are on hoses because they are not certified and cant get air tanks. 

But I don't know that for a fact,

I am certified PADI but I have not done any diving for close to 10 years 

so not sure if this is a new trend, though I don't know why if someone is certified,  would chose a hose over the freedom of tanks?

And they have no BC vests.

I cant imagine diving without a BC vest unless of course you have a dry suit, which they don't. 

It looks like a <deleted> show to me . 

• Thanks 1

They are not snorkeling but use some kind of oxygen from the boat. Anyway, there should be a dive master taking care. Just stupid anywhere in the world to let tourist like that go diving uncontrolled. Cant blame the tourist if the diving company dont have controll.

Given that state of the "reef" they should close the park completely for a decade.  Biodiversity? Where?  That's pitiful.  Just like the state of the "biodiverse" Thai forests that don't exist anymore, and for the same reasons.

S__12075096_0-1.jpg.7aba25062f2863b26e702da1bd9d8608.jpg.a2762efb35ca9a235de65f8f8cc8f60e.jpg