Thai AirAsia opposes airfare reductions due to operational costs

webfact

On 3/9/2024 at 10:10 AM, Tropicalevo said:

If the government wants air fares to be lower, it should subsidise them. Not tell airlines what their pricing policy will be.

The travellers will decide if an airline is too expensive or not.

Yep, nail meet head.

I’m sure there’s plenty that AOT and the Government could do to reduce prices unilaterally.

I am “flabbergasted” your reasonable and common-sense post got two “confused” emoticons.

Waiting for those two people to expand on their compelling counter-arguments…

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:15 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

I Sued Thai Air Asia last year, through priceline (whose office, Booking Holdings,  is right near my house in the US) because they refused to refund my $165 ticket after they rescheduled my flight. Cost priceline $1000 US to settle with me. I also posted it all over facebook. So for messing with me over petty cash they lost 8 x what they could have gotten off with, plus after my review was posted very likely lost a few hundred paying customers at least. I can tell you first hand that the airline is run by and staffed with idiots. And so is priceline and their entire group of agoda, expedia, and booking dot com. And with every story like this the airline loses a hundred or more customers. So what will they do, raise prices to cover THOSE losses? And so it goes. 

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I think you are misunderstanding the budget airline business model.

One of the most complained about airlines is Ryanair, their customer services department have the charm of a hungover undertaker, yet it continues to go from strength to strength.

Cheap as chips prices for a very basic and inflexible service - all variations/add ons from the standard package to be paid for. People keep returning for this very reason.

A few unhappy customers griping on the internet does not put anyone off, let alone hundreds.

In fact, I think they even enjoy the complaints and they spin it as evidence that they are constantly fighting to keep their prices down.

IMG_0177.png

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Yep, nail meet head.

I’m sure there’s plenty that AOT and the Government could do to reduce prices unilaterally.

I am “flabbergasted” your reasonable and common-sense post got two “confused” emoticons.

Waiting for those two people to expand on their compelling counter-arguments…

Thanks.

I think that the confused folk are the ones who are complaining about having to pay 1,000 - 1,200 baht for a domestic flight.

• Confused 1