USA Passport Renewal By Post report

On 3/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, Skeptic7 said:

First time doing this and needless to say a bit anxious about the outcome. I followed the instructions on the US Embassy Bangkok website 100%. Double, triple and then quadruple checked the contents and for accuracy. Satisfied I'd gotten it all prepared correctly. Dropped it off and the Thai Post in Jomtien on 8 Feb. The tracking showed it was delivered and accepted at the US Embassy by the security guard on 12 Feb. Then the wait begins. Much to my delight it arrived yesterday 8 Mar, exactly 1 month from sending. Everything was pretty clear and easy. I paid for the Courier Pass Back Service online with my credit card. It was quite simple. 

EXCELLENT Service all-round. :thumbsup:

IMG_20240309_110544.thumb.jpg.02cf5957d6c57bfa02ad27e79ce73002.jpg

I just did the same from Chiang Mai last week.  Question: When the passport arrived at your home, did you have to sign for it?  I ask because I'm not always home and wondered if they will just drop it off or require me to go to the Post Office to retrieve. 

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I just did the same from Chiang Mai last week.  Question: When the passport arrived at your home, did you have to sign for it?  I ask because I'm not always home and wondered if they will just drop it off or require me to go to the Post Office to retrieve. 

I live in a condo and the security guard was able to accept it. Sorry, not sure if he had to sign or not. 

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It comes via EMS (Thai Post), you paid 100 baht for that service, so in theory, if you're not at home, they should leave a notice and you go to the local PO to pick it up.

However, if you know your local EMS driver they may leave it with a neighbor if that's done in your neighborhood.

I always have to sign for an EMS delivery, finger on a mobile app.

Just now, bamnutsak said:

It comes via EMS (Thai Post), you paid 100 baht for that service, so in theory, if you're not at home, they should leave a notice and you go to the local PO to pick it up.

However, if you know your local EMS driver they may leave it with a neighbor if that's done in your neighborhood.

I always have to sign for an EMS delivery, finger on a mobile app.

Here is where I'm confused.

If you need to go to the PO to get it, if you don't have a Thai driver's license, how the hell do you prove your ID as the passports are in the package?!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

how the hell do you prove your ID as the passports are in the package?!?

Copies?

Show passport then seal envelope?

You're overthinking here.

I did the exact same process in August 2020.  Received mine in about 10 days but this was during Covid so fewer people in country, naturally 

30 days still good.  Agreed with the OP the service was excellent.  Just follow their instructions.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The question was about receiving it. 

Show a copy of the ThaiPost receipt.

Show a copy of your "old" passport.

Still overthinking.

That said, I've received ~ 70-ish EMS envelopes/packages, and never once asked for an ID.

Edited by bamnutsak

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, Skeptic7 said:

First time doing this and needless to say a bit anxious about the outcome. I followed the instructions on the US Embassy Bangkok website 100%. Double, triple and then quadruple checked the contents and for accuracy. Satisfied I'd gotten it all prepared correctly. Dropped it off and the Thai Post in Jomtien on 8 Feb. The tracking showed it was delivered and accepted at the US Embassy by the security guard on 12 Feb. Then the wait begins. Much to my delight it arrived yesterday 8 Mar, exactly 1 month from sending. Everything was pretty clear and easy. I paid for the Courier Pass Back Service online with my credit card. It was quite simple. 

EXCELLENT Service all-round. :thumbsup:

IMG_20240309_110544.thumb.jpg.02cf5957d6c57bfa02ad27e79ce73002.jpg

Just wanted to report that I too just received my new passport, almost to the day one month after sending my package to the US Embassy.  Very efficient.  They sent me an e-mail to confirm receipt of my package and I was able to track my new passport once it left BKK (by Thai post).  They even sent back my old passport.  All in all, very smooth and painless.  Well done ACSU US Embassy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1