Schengen Visa point of entry Spain

In my experience no two application results are the same and it depends on the applicants individual travel and visa history as well as their personal circumstances.

Some applicants receive a visa for the actual trip declared in their application and some with a longer validity.

My wife recently applied for a visa for a forthcoming four day trip to the Schengen Area, she asked for a longer validity as we were considering further trips and was issued with a visa with a five year validity, but of course the 90 days in 180 rule still applies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My Thai woman just applied for and got a Schengen visa for entry in Italy, and she got a multiple entry but it was only good for two weeks beyond the actual time that we're staying. 

In 2016 we went to Germany for 3 days and they gave my wife a visa valid from 24th June 2016 - 27th June 2016, all of 4 days. It was also multi entry.

She was EU family member travelling under freedom of movement.

Edited by sandyf
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

My wife recently applied for a visa for a forthcoming four day trip to the Schengen Area, she asked for a longer validity as we were considering further trips and was issued with a visa with a five year validity, but of course the 90 days in 180 rule still applies.

That's worth knowing. May I ask what Schengen country issued this please. I havnt visited a Schengen country since the freedom of movement for family members ceased, this information would be good to know.

19 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Thanks

My partner has had many Spain point of entry visa over the years but although we have requested longer the best we have got is one year.

May I ask which point of entry country gave your wife a 5 year Schengen.

5 hours ago, jimn said:

That's worth knowing. May I ask what Schengen country issued this please. I havnt visited a Schengen country since the freedom of movement for family members ceased, this information would be good to know.

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

May I ask which point of entry country gave your wife a 5 year Schengen.

She applied for the Netherlands, she specifically requested a visa with a longer validity, and whilst she provided supporting evidence for our four day side trip, her covering letter citied her previous travel history and indicative future travel plans.

I have to admit we were pleasantly surprised, it was her first application since we actually left the EU and gave up the Freedom of Movement throughout the EU.

19 hours ago, theoldgit said:

She applied for the Netherlands, she specifically requested a visa with a longer validity, and whilst she provided supporting evidence for our four day side trip, her covering letter citied her previous travel history and indicative future travel plans.

I have to admit we were pleasantly surprised, it was her first application since we actually left the EU and gave up the Freedom of Movement throughout the EU.

Excellent thank you

On 3/11/2024 at 4:43 PM, theoldgit said:

In my experience no two application results are the same and it depends on the applicants individual travel and visa history as well as their personal circumstances.

Some applicants receive a visa for the actual trip declared in their application and some with a longer validity.

Last year my missus applied for Spain/Hungary and was granted a visa for 3 years.

I like the new scientific approach of granting longer terms based on specific track record; Thailand would do well to look at that!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:14 AM, theoldgit said:

Are yo Dutch did that play  a part?

On 3/11/2024 at 11:52 AM, spidermike007 said:

My Thai woman just applied for and got a Schengen visa for entry in Italy, and she got a multiple entry but it was only good for two weeks beyond the actual time that we're staying!

That's great news, congratulations!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1