Got My Visa Extension....

Well, it's been fun but i guess I better find a job...

I came in to the Kingdom on 9 APR on a standard entry stamp. Got married on 23 APR, got my "marriage visa" (as the Immigration office calls it) which was valid until 28 JUL. Went back in today to see if I can get an extension and for how long because I don't have a job and I got approved for another 2 month stay on the same visa.

I asked the Immigration officer what my next step should be and explained that I have plenty in various banks and she said that when this 2 month extension is up, I can make a visa run (she mentioned malaysia to be specific) and get another extension there before reentering the Kingdom, no questions asked....or I could just find a job which I'm working on.

I might go back to Iraq for work, in which case the stamps won't matter....but I'd like to maintain an unbroken record of active stamps. Any ideas? I guess I could go to the Thai Consulate in Dubai on my way in and out of Iraq...

What you receive from a Consulate is a new visa - it is not an extension. You obtain an extension from Immigration - as you did for that 60 day stay. Having unbroken visas does not mean anything - perhaps you are thinking of permanent residence requirement - but that is for one year extensions of stay from Immigration (where you do not have to leave the country) and three of these would be required to even apply.

Marriage extension of stay requires 40k family income - so if you could put your wife to work earning that amount it would allow one year extensions of stay. But it would not likely be a path to permanent residence.