Is the Farang Pub some sort of "Animal Farm" in real life?

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Work yourselves to the bone, and then have nothing to show for it, if you buy into the propaganda, is what I think

Please stop thinking, just trying to make sense of that sentence gave me headache. What Propaganda? I only see yours.

Mister Gamma GOBLIN

Are Garden Gnomes any relatives of yours?

Given you don't believe in fairies, how come you believe the one that lives in the sky?

Not only that: it talks to you!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Even with this fool on my ignore list, i still get to see the stupid title!

Same with the other 2 idiots who pollute it with their dross.

Trio of inescapable morons.

Are you going to give us a clue who the other two are? I have my strong suspicions.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

While probably a d-bag, his general point is correct. About 70% of folks here (and I'll specify native English speaker) seem IMO Downs-level defective.

Not to mention the pathetic 2nd grade grammar mistakes (to,too.....of course/"Off course"....etc.etc.) I see in every thread.

It seems to be standard practice on forums that correcting grammar and spelling errors is not permitted.

This means that the low standard of literacy will be perpetuated, the author will never know that he is wrong and  the reader who knows no different will never learn either.

A brave new world of could of, should of and would of is already here and unlikely to disappear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yet, still, I enjoy reading what most of you have to say about so many things, even if most of you can't express yourselves, beautifully, using the English language.

Who could possibly attain you eloquence and remain mortal? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

It seems to be standard practice on forums that correcting grammar and spelling errors is not permitted.

This means that the low standard of literacy will be perpetuated, the author will never know that he is wrong and  the reader who knows no different will never learn either.

A brave new world of could of, should of and would of is already here and unlikely to disappear.

You missed out off of. These days it seems that even those who should know better, supposedly well educated in the King's English, journos and writers even academics, are prone to slip in an off of. Makes me wince every time I read or hear it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

As my post makes clear I realise all that.

The unintended effect is that low levels of literacy are maintained and enforced. 

Well you should know with your high level of intellect &  intelligence, you being a former brain surgeon and all 

As you mentioned in your other posts how you were a former academic and adviser to the government, you'd think that a man of your high standard would be advising this  forum on how it should be run.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:00 AM, saintdomingo said:

As my post makes clear I realise all that.

The unintended effect is that low levels of literacy are maintained and enforced. 

I am currently reading a high volume of academic books if your interested

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 3/15/2024 at 2:36 PM, JohnAllan said:

He - or IT - isn't worth your time responding.

It'll go away ... eventually.

Agreed, but too optimistic to think it’ll go away in (most) of our lifetimes.