Visa agent recommendations

I appreciate there is a lot of info on the forum already and I have already listed some options, just posting to ask if anyone can recommend from recent experience a good visa agent to deal with a visitor application for a Thai national to the UK?

On 3/16/2024 at 10:58 AM, Rich888 said:

I appreciate there is a lot of info on the forum already and I have already listed some options, just posting to ask if anyone can recommend from recent experience a good visa agent to deal with a visitor application for a Thai national to the UK?

UKVI.

They have all the info and help you need. 

On 3/16/2024 at 4:28 PM, Rich888 said:

Thanks...we already got rejected once, I don't want to take any chances next time

With the help of this forum and one other I was guided through the process for three visit visas, a settlement visa, two FLRs, an ILR and a citizenship application. No visa company was required.

Most of the work that is done will be the gathering of info by your partner and all you have to do is collate it and present it The main hurdle is showing ties to Thailand. My now wife's only ties were her family and her job. Fortunately she had a great boss who provided a letter for her to use in the application.

What were the reason(s) for rejection?

You will have to address the reason(s) for refusal in any subsequent application.

You take a chance with a visit visa application whether you use a visa company or not. As has been suggested Thai Visa Express is the only one worth considering unless you find another that is OISC registered.

Whenever you apply for a visa it's really important that you ignore any of the suggestions from your wife's mates and her Facebook friends.

Edited by rasg
Addition
  • Haha 1

Thanks...we know the mistakes made on the first application and hopefully how to avoid them next time. It was a combination of unexplained payments into her bank account (support payments from me) and that we applied for her children to come too. It's not that the UKVI doesn't provide clear guidance, it's more knowing what to say and what not to say in the application, plus the right way forward. My preference is to go with a visa agent purely to maximise our chances, same reason I would call a plumber to fix a water leak rather than try and bodge it myself. Luckily my partner is on board with this after the first refusal.

• Like 1

I get it but now you know how to fix the refusal it should be fairly straightforward. As I mentioned, there are plenty on here who have experience and are happy to help. If you have to go with a visa company go with Thai Visa Express. You are likely to get dodgy advice from anywhere else. My wife's UK visa journey started in 2015 and successfully applied for six different visas followed by citizenship and her first UK passport without any issues. Good to hear your partner is on board. It makes ALL the difference.