OBD2 interpretation

Hi

I messaged roughly how much gas my Honda CRV is using.

It looks like I got roughly 250 KM for ฿1000. This seems like a hell of a lot, so I got out my OBD two scanner ELM 327 and try it out last night. I’m sorry to come here to ask for interpretation, but I have Parkinson and you can’t use my hands in the morning typing with his voice typing these days.

I’ll send the results in the next post or in the next message 

2 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Hi

I messaged roughly how much gas my Honda CRV is using.

It looks like I got roughly 250 KM for ฿1000. This seems like a hell of a lot, so I got out my OBD two scanner ELM 327 and try it out last night. I’m sorry to come here to ask for interpretation, but I have Parkinson and you can’t use my hands in the morning typing with his voice typing these days.

I’ll send the results in the next post or in the next message 

IMG_1667.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1664.jpeg

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So thats approx 11lt/100km.

What model CRV ?

Honda CRV, second generation, 2003, very low mileage, I believe, two data, CVT,CVT

Haven’t looked at the plugs yet, but it runs beautifully brackets seemingly brackets thought I might as well run the codes first

Edited by cheeryble

Based on the above estimate of 11 litres/100 km, roughly 22 miles/ gal. US, seems reasonable for city type start stop driving. My 2005 crv gets about that, but can be higher if highway driving, closer to 27 mpg.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, cheeryble said:

ELM327

Be interested to hear why 

And thx

All those red falses............. they are connection issues.

From what I can see your CRV uses ISO 9141 protocol.. the ELM 327 supports ISO 9141-2... might be why you are get the falses.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, degrub said:

Based on the above estimate of 11 litres/100 km, roughly 22 miles/ gal. US, seems reasonable for city type start stop driving. My 2005 crv gets about that, but can be higher if highway driving, closer to 27 mpg.

Thanks for that DEGRUVB,

The only thing is, did I go into Chiangmai every day and yes When I’m environ, I’m buzzing around and stopping and starting. But it takes a good half hour to get in and out or out each day so that’s at least 40 km a freeway or winding road driving.

Hmmmm……

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

All those red falses............. they are connection issues.

From what I can see your CRV uses ISO 9141 protocol.. the ELM 327 supports ISO 9141-2... might be why you are get the falses.

Thanks, Ralph… Yes, I guess I’ll just have to dig all that up so I’m working with the right data.

My medication’s have worn off again if you feel like throwing me a bone, or a link, that would be nice

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

obd2 error codes start with P and then 4 digits.

Its not the way to figure out poor gas mileage, especially if the car drives fine.

You’re probably right, In fact, I seem to recall the P codes from Scotty Kilmer.

but it was a nice, easy way for a moron to start 🙂

Edited by cheeryble

49 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

You’re probably right, In fact, I seem to recall the P codes from Scotty Kilmer.

but it was a nice, easy way for a moron to start 🙂

Scotty kilmer haha yeh seen his youtube stuff.

If you have an error code (i think unlikley), your dash display will show a pic of an engine.

You could have leaking injectors or from the high pressure fuel pump. The car is too old to be throwing cash at it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

In reply to the OP....

Those screen captures you have posted are command codes from the ELM interface.  In other words you are interrogating the firmware of the interface and NOT the vehicle's ECU.  My guess is that you are using the wrong software with your ELM interface. That output looks like its from 'ELM Identifier' (software to identify whi่ch type/version of ELM chip that you have).  To get codes and live data from the car I suggest using 'Torque Pro'.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Scotty kilmer haha yeh seen his youtube stuff.

If you have an error code (i think unlikley), your dash display will show a pic of an engine.

You could have leaking injectors or from the high pressure fuel pump. The car is too old to be throwing cash at it though.

Not all codes cause the MIL to illuminate.  There are literally hundreds of possible faults - not all of them are costly to fix. This Honda (K series engine) is quite prone to faults due to split/perished vacuum pipes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Not all codes cause the MIL to illuminate.  There are literally hundreds of possible faults - not all of them are costly to fix. This Honda (K series engine) is quite prone to faults due to split/perished vacuum pipes.

Long and short fuel trims and a spray bottle of soapy water haha.

I do miss messing about with cars! 🥲

Good thinking BRIAN but it’s not the special models, it does have overdrive, but I never use it. In fact, I’m not sure how do you know. if I’m driving along, and I press the overdrive on the gear stick I don’t quite understand it’s reaction

This is good stuffmein lieb herr Hauptmann.

I’ve heard of the TP Pro talk pro… TORQUE PRO is it by any chance about $50. As we have three cars and plenty of friends with cars, you may just be worth it.

O

6 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Do you think a simple device like this will do for me. (Nothing to do with the price, of course)

IMG_1675.png