Does either Austria or Czech Rebublic have a way of getting a Schengen in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Did you already look here?

Thanks

No I think VFS have changed the way they show the countries you can use them for. I tried VFS global a couple of times and got nowhere (hang)

I really just want a Schengen that will give me the longest validity because we are in the UK for 6 months and may want to make an off the cuff trip to various Schengen countries - so I am quite willing to fix one trip in order to get the Schengen but prefer flexibilty with the others.

For many years we have used Spain as the point of entry and for a couple years she had one year validity but not sure what's happening now in any event time for somewhere else maybe.

You cannot pick and choose which country you want to to apply for a Schengen Visa, you have to apply via the Consulate with jurisdiction for your main destination within the Schengen Area, if you are travelling and spending an equal amount of time in two or more Member States, then you should apply via the Consulate with jurisdiction for your initial entry point.

Your previous posts about validity of a visa is a separate issue.

• Agree 1

Can only share a decade old experience. As we would be spending most time in the Czech Republic, I applied for a Schengen Visa for my then Fiancee at the Czech Embassy in Bangkok. While in the Czech Republic I rented a car and drove into Slovakia, Austria, Germany before returning to Prague for flying home to Thailand. I had no problems but confess, I had a government invitation from a Czech Mayor.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have come up against another issue re insurance we are out of Thailand for more than 180 days (but not overstaying in any of the several countries we want to visit) this includes a 6 day stopover in Turkey on the way in so in total she is out of Thailand about 191 days BUT i can't find a travel insurance policy for more than 180 days. Anyone know of a company who can do one (I've looked at MSIG, Mr Prackan (broker) Thai Vivat and AXAaxa travel insurance. Any ideas apart from the obvious of shortening the trip

Austrian Embassy in Bangkok offers consular services for Austria, Slovenia and Slovakia.

The country you can apply for visa to depends on where you plan to spend most time in. If you say go for 2 weeks and spend 8 days in Austria and 6 days in Czechia, then you should apply at the Austrian Embassy. Applications are filed at the VFS, for which you need to make appointment and it's located at the western end of top floor of Chamchuri Square (Samyan MRT, exit to Chamchuri square).

Visas take between a couple of days (if all paperwork is in order) and 2 weeks if anything is fishy.

Austrian embassy also has a very responsive consular service by email, so for any clarity, you can email them and they generally answer very quickly.

Added Edit: VFS also offers additional services like taking photos, courier delivery of passports to your home, etc. You can add those at the time of making an appointment.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 1