Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The gun was in his hand because his brother had just disarmed the cop and handed to him.  He promptly removed the magazine and unloaded the gun holding it in a way that it clearly couldn't be fired, even if still loaded. 

Not clear if the gun was fired by the cop trying to hit one of the Kiwis or whether one of them reacted to the cop pulling a gun on him and, thinking he was about to get shot, grabbed at the gun and it went off.  Most likely the latter I would guess.

Why didn't they beat him up once they got him on the grounds.  Because they just waned to neutralise the threat he had presented to them after he pulled his gun on them. 

Just my take.  Doesn't exonerate them but I think they stupidly got themselves into a bad situation and then panicked when the cop got scared of two big blokes and pulled his gun on them.

The pair are numpties, thinking they were dealing with numpties in Thailand.

They now know they made a big mistake, but are enjoying free food at Thailand's expense. 

Though something tells me, they will be paying for it in the near future..:whistling:

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The gun was in his hand because his brother had just disarmed the cop and handed to him.  He promptly removed the magazine and unloaded the gun holding it in a way that it clearly couldn't be fired, even if still loaded. 

Not clear if the gun was fired by the cop trying to hit one of the Kiwis or whether one of them reacted to the cop pulling a gun on him and, thinking he was about to get shot, grabbed at the gun and it went off.  Most likely the latter I would guess.

Why didn't they beat him up once they got him on the grounds.  Because they just waned to neutralise the threat he had presented to them after he pulled his gun on them. 

Just my take.  Doesn't exonerate them but I think they stupidly got themselves into a bad situation and then panicked when the cop got scared of two big blokes and pulled his gun on them.

My take too . Yet some posters prefer to condemn the 2 NZ guys on this video only and do not consider the total event . More to this altercation than meets the eye . Sorry to say that the 2 guys have little chance of reprieve . Have not heard of when the case will take place and if a public or private hearing . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, superal said:

Have not heard of when the case will take place and if a public or private hearing . 

I read that they could be held up to 84 days before they could be sent to court (read it, not 100% sure if it is true).    I think they will be held the maximum or close to it.  Just a feeling.

• Thumbs Up 1