Two New Zealand Men Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Brutal Assault on Traffic Cop

webfact

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That doesn't make it true.

- Cop attacks first

- Cop is unlawfully detaining

- Cop is sexually assaulting you

- Cop is acting on behalf of a tyrannical government implementing oppressive laws

- Cop is threatening to kill you

- Cop is drunk/high and handling his weapon

All these would justify restraining or even assaulting and stopping the threat to you, just because you wouldn't have the balls to stand up to a cop doesn't mean that there are zero circumstances where a non cuck wouldn't

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As far as the photo is connected - that only shows one NZ Guy subduing the police officer and the other making the weapon safe, as to why he felt the need to do that is the part of this issue which IMO is of greatest significance...

More significant than farangs evading a traffic stop?

Since when does a farang, evading a traffic stop and participating in the assault of a Thai cop have the right to make the cop's weapon "safe"?

11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So is it not somewhat strange that a relatively low ranking police officer in a third world country is armed with the gun equivalent of a rolex?   And how could a firearm which is apparently liable to misfire be considered as a fine weapon, or even suitable for police issue, considering the environment in which it is likely to be used. This is the first time I have ever heard of a sig sauer and it misfired ,  somebody could easily have been killed, hardly a good advertisement for a quality weapon in my opinion

What's strange? Are you new here?

Did it "misfire" in the hands of the farang or in the hands of the cop?

38 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

There is a huge ANTI-FOREIGNER sentiment at this moment going trough the Thai people and every foreigner is EQUAL to the Swedish guy or the Brit who maimed an old lady at the supermarket.

Not only in Phuket but I can see the same feeling in Korat too.

Social Media is tarnishing all the foreigners with the same brush and the Thai people are hooked on their phones reading the influencers (my post a few days ago).

So, the policeman pointing a gun to this 2 guys would not be strange.

My wife confirms that there's a lot of gossip about farangs right now. Not sure if it's fuelled by anger or suspicion, or the fact that they can't gossip openly about the things that are SERIOUSLY wrong with Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Nip said:

Nobody living in Thailand would dare not to consider that the Thai Police especially on Phuket are in the main opportunistic scammers. But your Kiwi buddies are either brain dead, or for sure have form and something to hide. The situation escalated by them fleeing the scene and attacking a police officer. There is no excuse they can proffer to excuse their idiocy. They will be fined imprisoned, abused and black listed. And rightly so. Scumbags.  

Again you are guessing what happened, hey you could be right they may have just attacked the cop, but you might be pretty wrong and the cop went on an ego trip and threatened to shoot or even, as we know one shot was fired, fired a shot and they took him down

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What is their arrest history in New Zealand?

Social offenses, violence. Drugss?

The Privacy Act in New Zealand means details of previous arrests or criminal history is generally not made public.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Long jail term and then banned for life.   

I doubt they will get a long jail-term. Sure, there are multiple charges and the most serious is 7 years in jail.

My best guess is that if they plead guilty (and they absolutely should do that), offer genuine apologies, admit that they behaved like barbarians, then they might get lucky and only be sentenced to a couple of years jail, be released after 12 months and be back in New Zealand around the middle of next year. They'll just miss one Christmas with their family.

If they fight the charges they can expect a much stiffer sentence, maybe 4 or 5 years. And it does seem, at this early stage, that they wish to fight the charges.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, ryandb said:

- Cop attacks first

- Cop is acting on behalf of a tyrannical government implementing oppressive laws

All these would justify restraining or even assaulting and stopping the threat to you, just because you wouldn't have the balls to stand up to a cop doesn't mean that there are zero circumstances where a non cuck wouldn't

All hypothetical situation of which there is zero proof that happened in this case but still you keep pushing the agenda that something like this happened.

Your silly also unfounded remark that I don't have the balls to stand up to a cop, proofs you live in a phantasy world.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ryandb said:

- Cop attacks first

How about the dead non-cuck? You know, the one shot dead for not being a cuck?

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My wife confirms that there's a lot of gossip about farangs right now. Not sure if it's fuelled by anger or suspicion, or the fact that they can't gossip openly about the things that are SERIOUSLY wrong with Thailand.

Many people don't seem to understand that we live in the 21st century.
The people who can influence what we think or what their version of the truth is are the "Influencers" on Social Media (read  my treath about that).
If you look at the numbers of "Followers", "Likes" and "Comments", you will see that these influencers reach more people that anyone in the politics or real life.
Thai people have always been ANTI-fahrang and have always been showing their dislike about foreigners seddle in their country/
But in a few weeks, this sentiment has hit an all high.
Those who can not see that are blinded by the Rose cloud of Thai life.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's strange? Are you new here?

Did it "misfire" in the hands of the farang or in the hands of the cop?

Whats is strange is that a gun which is apparently considered a fine quality weapon has a history of being prone to misfires,  Another poster compared them, in quality to a Rolex watch!  I don't think Rolex watches earned their reputation due to any inherent design problems ,which these guns appear to suffer from 

Relatively new here yes, infact I only logged on about an hour ago

Did it misfire in the hands of the cop or the NZ guy,  ? I guess we will never know

Certainly no doubt about the above statement, The Thais, bless them, are addicted to social media and anything that is currently trending will inevitably become a subject of gossip and interest , but its generally short lived so no need to worry too much

My missis is no different, a few weeks ago she bought several pairs of elephant pants, having been caught up in the "online trend," despite the garments having been available for years and despite her never expressing any interest in them previously, several of my mates wives made similar purchases,and  yes of course they all turned out the following week wearing them and extolling their virtues.    They don't wear them anymore though, in fact one pair has already been cut up into small pieces and is used as floor cloths and for mopping up spills and other such purposes 

They are a nation of gossips, but like you say are pretty much forbidden from discussing the things that actually really matter, and are pretty much conditioned not to do so from the moment they can speak.   Even when alone in the house late at night my missis will lower her voice when discussing certain "aspects" of Thailand  and if the truth be known its pretty obvious she feels uncomfortable  discussing it at all and would rather not

So yes anything that distracts them from the real issues is welcomed by the authorities ,who, with the assistance of a compliant mainstream media and a healthy dose of nationalism have no issues fanning the flames of gossip when it suits them.   But the Thais generally have short memories and todays news will soon be forgotten as the next trend hits social media

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

How about the dead non-cuck? You know, the one shot dead for not being a cuck?

Well based on this incident you wouldn't be dead, the cop was subdued with minimal effort.

2 minutes ago, ryandb said:

there's more to the official story than we have been told

Do you have any proof of that or is it like you can't accept that there are bad foreigners around here?

Edited by FritsSikkink

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do you have any proof of that or is it like you can't accept that there are bad foreigners around here?

Do you have proof to the contrary, they've denied all charges, and we need to wait for it to play out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ryandb said:

Well based on this incident you wouldn't be dead, the cop was subdued with minimal effort.

Apart from this incident and the fact that the cop wasn't a match for the more athletic non-cuck, you seem to promote the idea that only cucks wouldn't argue with armed law enforcement.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Apart from this incident and the fact that the cop wasn't a match for the more athletic non-cuck, you seem to promote the idea that only cucks wouldn't argue with armed law enforcement.

If it's one on one and your life is at risk from the cop, hell if it's 6 on 1 and your life it at risk, if you don't fight back you are a cuck

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

The non-cucks are (already) toast.

They likely are toast, never denied that, but somehow you guys seem to want to bend over and take it, no matter the situation, which is sad to see. Not only that, you want others punished for doing so, with your never-justified logic.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you thought about writing a book about your experiences ?

Ha! Actually. I have been encouraged to do so by others. Travel to 30 countries and study of language, culture, history in seven of those. For a guy from Southern New Jersey with DNA going back to before the USA founding, raised blue Collar ... I figure I have been most fortunate in my life. Now whether that would prove interesting to others is a different question. After all, we each have had our lives and experiences.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Do you have proof to the contrary, they've denied all charges, and we need to wait for it to play out. 

I have seen proof of the assault on a police man, theft of a police gun and illegal firearm possession. That they deny those actions is laughable as there are pictures and video.

Your stories have no value unless YOU come up with some proof. Now come up with some proof or stop sprouting nonsense.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I have seen proof of the assault on a police man, theft of a police gun and illegal firearm possession. That they deny those actions is laughable as there are pictures and video.

Your stories have no value unless YOU come up with some proof. Now come up with some proof or stop sprouting nonsense.

We have seen some evidence of the tail-end of the incident only and you want them jailed just on this?

What we know

-They restrained and removed the weapon from his hand which we know one round was fired, removed the rounds

then we have the police side and the 2 NZers denying all charges which is he said/she said

Which leads to questions

-Why was the gun in his hand?

-How was the round fired?

-What happened in the whole interaction up until the video started?

-They didn't beat him up while he was grounded, if they were just thugs, why not?

Honestly, it's people like you who consent to police being above the people, which leads to them gaining confidence they can get away with anything.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ryandb said:

We have seen some evidence of the tail-end of the incident only and you want them jailed just on this?

What we know

-They restrained and removed the weapon from his hand which we know one round was fired, removed the rounds

then we have the police side and the 2 NZers denying all charges which is he said/she said

Which leads to questions

-Why was the gun in his hand?

-How was the round fired?

-What happened in the whole interaction up until the video started?

-They didn't beat him up while he was grounded, if they were just thugs, why not?

Honestly, it's people like you who consent to police being above the people, which leads to them gaining confidence they can get away with anything.

I have enough of your idiotic stories, goodbye.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Absolutely correct, I actually admire the  persistence and tenacity you have shown throughout this thread but I am sorry to have to tell you that you are pretty much wasting your time.  It is impossible to indulge in a logical factual adult discussion with a fired up baying lynch mob. especially one consisting of the usual arrogant and sanctimonious members on here    As you can see any salient points you raise are either dismissed or ignored, and the replies you receive  generally  consist of nothing but personal insults.

Its understandable that some people are a little shocked by the events that have taken place more so considering the sheltered lives many of the elderly members on here have lead.  

Most of them feel the need to show their hysterical outrage  and demand ever  more severe consequences for the two guys involved, partly and mistakenly thinking it will stand them in good stead with the permanently  outraged Thai netizens, Its pretty much nothing but virtue signalling  but it will not help them .  If it ever came down to a mass deportation  of westerners they would be on the plane along with the rest of us.  

The Thais would be doubled up laughing in disbelief if they read this thread  completely unable to understand how  we cannot resist the opportunity to stick the knife in to each other and totally unable to stick together, (rightly or wrongly)  when some of our own are in trouble.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I have enough of your idiotic stories, goodbye.

How will I ever live without interacting with the guy who would have helped the Gestapo round up my great grandparents back in the 40s

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Absolutely correct, I actually admire the  persistence and tenacity you have shown throughout this thread but I am sorry to have to tell you that you are pretty much wasting your time.  It is impossible to indulge in a logical factual adult discussion with a fired up baying lynch mob. especially one consisting of the usual arrogant and sanctimonious members on here    As you can see any salient points you raise are either dismissed or ignored, and the replies you receive  generally  consist of nothing but personal insults.

Its understandable that some people are a little shocked by the events that have taken place more so considering the sheltered lives many of the elderly members on here have lead.  

Most of them feel the need to show their hysterical outrage  and demand ever  more severe consequences for the two guys involved, partly and mistakenly thinking it will stand them in good stead with the permanently  outraged Thai netizens, Its pretty much nothing but virtue signalling  but it will not help them .  If it ever came down to a mass deportation  of westerners they would be on the plane along with the rest of us.  

The Thais would be doubled up laughing in disbelief if they read this thread  completely unable to understand how  we cannot resist the opportunity to stick the knife in to each other and totally unable to stick together, (rightly or wrongly)  when some of our own are in trouble.

Thanks, I agree I'm wasting my time, it's just sad to see how many are happy to impose a sentence based on their initial feelings. They might be right and they are a pair of T#ats and did everything the police said. Can you imagine these people serving on a jury, scary.

• Agree 2

I think its a bit strange that they are actually charging them with attempting to bribe a police officer,    That would be equivalent of the police shooting themselves in the foot. It would certainly have a negative effect on their day to day business model if it became common knowledge that doing so could get one into serious trouble.  But I guess they want to throw as much as they can at these to guys and the police will have little problem informing everybody else that for the rest of the population it will be business as usual