Depositing Money into your Thai Bank account.

I know that when you take money from your Thai bank account in another province you get charged for it. But what about when you deposit money into your bank account in another province? Do all banks in Thailand charge you for this also?

4 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

If i use the ATM out of province with Bangkok Bank they charge me 15 Baht per transaction.

Likewise Kasikorn.  I believe out of province deposit machines also charge, although never used one.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I know that when you take money from your Thai bank account in another province you get charged for it. But what about when you deposit money into your bank account in another province? Do all banks in Thailand charge you for this also?

Bangkok Bank will charge me for deposits or withdrawls in a different province.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Likewise Kasikorn.  I believe out of province deposit machines also charge, although never used one.

Correct, at Kasikorn deposit machine the charge is 20 THB

18 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

If i use the ATM out of province with Bangkok Bank they charge me 15 Baht per transaction.

Depends on bank and possibly type of account.

I am with TTB and main account is what they call "All Free" and don't pay in other provinces. I suspect that if I used my other account which is basic I would get charged.

On 3/18/2024 at 6:32 PM, gamb00ler said:

If you do a Cardless Withdrawal, there is no fee for out of province ATM withdrawal (I've only tried Bangkok bank).

Same for Krung Thai & Kasikorn.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, NoshowJones said:

Yes with SCB

I use KRUNGSRI ( Yellow Bank ) Opened a savings account in BKK 5 years ago.

Have used my Krungsri bank card in 3 different providences ( I live in Korat - 3 years ) used 3 different bank ATM's in Korat, have made KRUNGSRI deposits and withdraws in 2 different providences, and have paid NO service fees EXCEPT ATM card replacement, 100bt.

I also have Bangkok Bank, and use it for saving ( banking ) money only.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:53 AM, sandyf said:

Depends on bank and possibly type of account.

I am with TTB and main account is what they call "All Free" and don't pay in other provinces. I suspect that if I used my other account which is basic I would get charged.

I tried to get an account with TTB accompanied by my wife and was told I needed to have a job, so refused me because I am retired.

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, just another case of people used to rob banks, now banks rob people. In Thailand anyway.

Yes, just another case of people used to rob banks, now banks rob people. In Thailand anyway.

Thats why they are called Banksters

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:03 PM, NoshowJones said:

I tried to get an account with TTB accompanied by my wife and was told I needed to have a job, so refused me because I am retired.

TTB came from a merger of TMB an Thanachart a couple of years ago. I was with TMB and shortly after I went to the usual branch to get the stuff for immigration but the senior staff had all been replaced from Thanachart.  My wife was with me and they didn't have a clue about what we were asking for, took an hour on the phone with head office before anything was done. What you say doesn't surprise me.

Last extension in Dec we went to a different branch near Sri Ratcha and a completely different experience, they knew exactly what was required and extremely efficient.

If you can, may be worth trying another branch.

• Thanks 1