Kiwi Brothers Slapped With 5 Charges For Assaulting Policeman

webfact

I am still waiting for anybody of those “whole-picturers” to present a plausible version which could justify the Kiwis’ behavior even in the slightest. The version that the Thai cop was a serial killer who got an idea to kill 2 innocent bikers on a sunny Phuket day is definitely not one of those.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I am still waiting for anybody of those “whole-picturers” to present a plausible version which could justify the Kiwis’ behavior even in the slightest. The version that the Thai cop was a serial killer who accidentally had an idea to kill 2 innocent bikers on a sunny Phuket day is definitely not one of those.

Shake down gone wrong maybe. And, must of drawn his pistol to have it taken from him so easy. To draw a firearm on a speeding charge???

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Shake down gone wrong maybe. And, must of drawn his pistol to have it taken from him so easy. To draw a firearm on a speeding charge???

He was a policeman on duty! He has a right to draw a firearm at any moment he considers it necessary! Did not you know it? 
P.S. Shake down? Give me all your money, it’s a robbery! Hehehe

Edited by Hellfire
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, superal said:

Enforcing the law ? So will the motor bike boss get done for renting out to someone without a licence ? I doubt it . Because the cops would lose money if everyone held a licence . Next thing you will be saying " there is no corruption in Thailand "

The bike renter was fined 2,000 baht for not checking for license. That's the official fine rate.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

I don't think cash will help now. They're in the system and won't be paying their way out.

The best thing they could do would be to get down on their knees, perform the deepest wai, apologise profusely for their total madness and plead for forgiveness. Plead guilty as early as possible (NOW!!!) to all charges which will reduce their sentence. If they are lucky, they might get sentenced to less than a couple of years in prison, and be released after serving 12 months or so. They should be back in New Zealand around the middle of next year. I really think that is about the best they can hope for.

Seems they are denying all charges ! 🙈😀

This should be interesting.

8 hours ago, NemoH said:

They are entitled rich brats raised by parents who probably did not educate them with common sense, logic, respect n responsibility or dignity. Look at their parents’ comments - did the parents apologize? No apologies. No regrets…

Do you assume so much? 

• Like 1

A really crazy thing to do and they should get their arses kicked for it! However the usual Thai quality reporting and the BS associated with the incident. 

Some reports say the policeman wasn't injured, he was checked out in hospital and released, others say he is recovering in hospital!! 

Other reports state the brothers assaulted him whereas the video shows that 1 brother after tackling the policeman wrestled the gun off him, then handed it to the other brother who simply removed the magazine and the bullet in the chamber. There was a shot fired accidentally from the pistol which fortunately didnt hit anyone in the struggle to gain control of the gun. You have to ask yourself why they felt the need to disarm the policeman.  Evidently he accepted their gift basket and apologies but his seniors denied this.

55 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Has there ever been any incidences of shakedowns of that nature before ?

Its usually pay a roadside fine or go back to the police station to process the crime 

9 hours ago, eumenades said:

The Thais have always treated me well and I try to reciprocate.

Exactly!

Plus, a lot of people tend to forget they're a guest in this country; that's in the back of my mind all the time.

I treat people like I want to be treated, works most of the time. As I said in the Swiss guy kicking incident post, better to keep your head under the radar, makes life a lot easier and less problematic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mywayboy said:

Report states they are both Boxers .

Trained disciplined Boxers would not behave in this manner bringing disrepute to the sport

I knew one boxer whilst growing up, he trained all the time. He also loved to bully people, luckily not me though as I was a friend of his slightly younger brother.

So this trained boxer who I knew, he was quite a good boxer as well, when he murdered his next door neighbour he was sentenced to life in prison which is where he both belongs and remains.

The other one became a drug barongot caught and ended up in prison as well. Another one who my father knew ended up in prison for hiding a body.

Trained and restrained right? 🤣

These are just the ones I know about personally and I don't follow boxing at all.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:
8 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I don't know if it's the "likely scenario" but I do think we're not getting the full story here. For instance, there are claims the gun went off once during the struggle but I don't hear any gunshot in the videos posted so far. Maybe the cop, being on his own when chasing them, drew his weapon and fired a shot in the air or whatever. That escalated the situation.

And what's with the story that the cop agreed to accept an apology and a basket of fruit or whatever? That was quickly dismissed by more senior police as not true, but in other videos showing 'backup' arriving on motorcycles, they all - cops and perps - just stand around for a few minutes. Why didn't the assaulted cop shout at his buddies "they attacked me and got my gun"? Bizarre.

Like I say, I'm sure there's much more to how this all kicked off than just two foreign guys randomly deciding to get it on with a Thai cop.

Expand  

Jesus Efin Christ...do you all think cops should be nice and patient if you refuse to stop?  My God, do you know what would  happen to you in your country if you disobey cops?   There is no fOCKING excuse to attack these cops.  Those two jerks are the epitome of stupidity.  Stop trying to come up with excuses for their stupid behavior.  A COP SAYS TO PULL OVER, YOU PULL OVER, PAY THE FINE AND GO GET YOUR HAPPY ENDING MASSAGE!

Calm down now, you'll have an aneurysm. I didn't make excuses for their behaviour - I said that I don't think we're getting the full story. Doesn't mean that I don't think these guys are fools.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BritScot said:
3 hours ago, Hellfire said:

I am still waiting for anybody of those “whole-picturers” to present a plausible version which could justify the Kiwis’ behavior even in the slightest. The version that the Thai cop was a serial killer who accidentally had an idea to kill 2 innocent bikers on a sunny Phuket day is definitely not one of those.

@Hellfire...   How about the scenario whereby...

- 2 NZ Guys on a bike drive through a Police check point.

- 1 officers Signals to stop for riding quickly and not to the left

- NZ Guys do not see the signal to stop (or do and blast though anyway)/

- 1 Police officer gives chase.

- Police officer catches them and is furious, draws gun.... (two shots are fired).

- NZ Guys, scared for their lives subdue the police officer

- Cooler minds arrive  (BiB) and NZ handover Gun and Police officers phone and turn themselves in

- At the station NZ guys try and bribe their way out of trouble, BiB having none of it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

The bike renter was fined 2,000 baht for not checking for license. That's the official fine rate.

Do they have to pay this fine EVERY time a tourist gets busted for not having a license?

Just now, Hellfire said:

So, if the police officer draws gun (and even shots in the air) the right course of action is to attack him and disarm? Are you serious?

Gaslighting....  but yes...     Deadly serious...  

If I ever find myself in a situation which has escalated to the point at which I am fearful for my life... then it would be foolish not to take defensive action. 

Of course, avoid escalation in the first place... and thats where the NZ guys were foolish. 

But, once the situation had escalated to the point a 'gun became involved'... then any decision made from there can have grave consequences.

Thus: I can see a scenario whereby the Police officer was so visibly angered by the actions of the NZ Guys that he lost his cool and in a state of meltdown drew his weapon - in such a scenario, its better that the NZ saved their own lives than get shot at.

- maybe the reasons NZ guys are alive today is because they disarmed the policeman. 

There are already enough reports of those in positions of authority using their service weapons to attack others because they lack the emotional stability handle the escalating situation.

- Just one story yesterday of a Thai Military officer drawing his gun in a road rage incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Calm down now, you'll have an aneurysm. I didn't make excuses for their behaviour - I said that I don't think we're getting the full story. Doesn't mean that I don't think these guys are fools.

I think some people can only view these issues in a binary fashion...   from the perspective of 100% right and 100% wrong... 

There's potentially a lot of grey area in this story.... 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Gaslighting....  but yes...     Deadly serious...  

If I ever find myself in a situation which has escalated to the point at which I am fearful for my life... then it would be foolish not to take defensive action. 

Of course, avoid escalation in the first place... and thats where the NZ guys were foolish. 

But, once the situation had escalated to the point a 'gun became involved'... then any decision made from there can have grave consequences.

Thus: I can see a scenario whereby the Police officer was so visibly angered by the actions of the NZ Guys that he lost his cool and in a state of meltdown drew his weapon - in such a scenario, its better that the NZ saved their own lives than get shot at.

- maybe the reasons NZ guys are alive today is because they disarmed the policeman. 

There are already enough reports of those in positions of authority using their service weapons to attack others because they lack the emotional stability handle the escalating situation.

- Just one story yesterday of a Thai Military officer drawing his gun in a road rage incident.

Please, change your opinion on how one is supposed to behave when confronted by an armed police officer on duty. Change it until it is too late. The Thai cop deserves a reward from these imbeciles’ family. If this happened in almost any other country of the world - these two would be on their way back to NZ… in coffins. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, renaissanc said:

105th Job Interviewer in New Zealand: Can you explain this 5-year gap in your resume?

NZ Tourist: I spent 5 years in a Thai prison after breaking multiple laws and attacking a policeman to get his gun, which fired as we struggled, but the bullet didn't hit anyone.

105th Job Interviewer in New Zealand: Why should I hire you in view of this?

NZ Tourist: Because I'm a good person.

105th Job Interviewer in New Zealand: Thank you for coming. We'll let you know our decision soon.

Good luck finding a job!

They don't need a job, they own the company.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Please, change your opinion on how one is supposed to behave when confronted by an armed police officer on duty. Change it until it is too late. The Thai cop deserves a reward from these imbeciles’ family. If this happened in almost any other country of the world - these two would be on their way back to NZ… in coffins. 

How to say you're from the USA without saying you're from the USA. 

---------

I know how I react when asked to stop by the Police (whether they are armed or not). I've stopped, thats the only thing to do, even when suspecting 'fake Police officers at 2am - but thats a different story.

I also know how I react when I'm subject of a shakedown - calm, polite, but deal with it. 

I also 'worry' about how I'd react if my life (or lives of loved ones) are placed in danger by someone going rogue or insane with a weapon in my presence.

Now, I don't know if the Policeman went rogue, drew his gun unnecessarily (or necessarily), and accidentally or deliberately released two rounds, or if the reports are correct and two rounds went off in the struggle for the gun.... 

BUT... What makes a guy go for a Police Officers Gun if that gun is holstered and the Police officer is calm ????

That is the question that strikes me as mattering most in this story ????...   

- Either the NZ Guys are complete nutcases, were aggressive and attacked the officer... OR..

- the NZ Guys felt they were in grave danger, in a fight for their lives and had no choice but to subdue the policeman. 

• Like 1

I have seen a few posts now that say ,the cop probably pulled his gun.

He did not!

Did you all watch the video?

One of the two guys grabbed the gun from his holster,the police did not do this.

Would he have done so he would have shot the two attackers.!

Did the policeman draw his gun before and for some reason put it back?

Not very likely,if he would have drawn his gun because he was feeling uneasy about these two guys he would have kept them at gunpoint until more officers would arrive.

Soon someone will let us know what these guys have been up to at home,the internet is great for finding stuff like that.

• Agree 2