Kiwi Brothers Slapped With 5 Charges For Assaulting Policeman

webfact

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

death penalty 

Thailand doesn't have a death penalty even for multiple murders like that woman poisoner.

Even if it did have a capital offence, to apply it for such an infraction considering the s*** the locals get away will would have the country become an international paraih and they could kiss goodbye to 50% tourism.

Edited by Ricardo99
Typi
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Apart from their mental capacity of these two delinquents, since when has a 36 and 38 years-old ever qualified as being 'kids'?

Mommy and Daddy had to speak for them on this as well.  Will Mommy and Daddy now pay for a lawyer and pay the fine as well?  

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

“The most idiotic tourist act in Thailand 2024” award definitely goes to New Zealand this year and its duo of 36 y.o. brothers (a.k.a “boys”). Sorry, Swiss guys, I know you did your best, but not this year. While beating the Thai women in Thailand was a very creative and brave idea, it is nothing compared to attacking the local policeman and disarming (!!!) him. That unbelievable disarming part by itself would deserve a Nobel prize in Stupidity (if one only existed).

Happiest person out there is probably the 41 year old skateboarder who spat on a Thai womans windshield and tried to abduct her out of her car. 

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Quite so, 80% of the judiciary. from the cops at the bottom, all the way to the top, in Thailand are corrupt. probably more so in Phuket?🙄

And?  No one in Thai immigration is forcing anyone to live in Thailand....deal with it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, zakalwe said:

Well, some people can act crazy while they are on holiday. Some people try to jump into their hotel's pool from their balcony.

Sure they will have a past

4 hours ago, bg53 said:

Did the jerks OD on performance enhancing drugs? Roid rage or insanity?

Lack of Critical Thinking Skills training is the root cause.  

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Ricardo99 said:

Thailand doesn't have a death penalty even for multiple murders like that woman poisoner.

Even if it did have a capital offence, to apply it for such an infraction considering the s*** the locals get away will would have the country become an international paraih and they could kiss goodbye to 50% tourism.

good to know I'm safe

Head to court AFTER the visa were revoked? Interesting indeed! 

There must be a flip side of the coin; complete nutters or the copper got out of hands and started to brandish his gun around. I had nasty experiences driving a van between Saraburi and Korat up a hill. The engine was not a V8 7'000cm3 and hence not racing material. I overtook a truck and all of a sudden a sedan pulled up and kept honking. I managed to get back onto the left lane, the sedan car passed me and shot two bullets in the air. I kept the car registration which named a police officer living in Ekamai.

I opted a Thai-style reaction; had a letter written in Thai referring to the incident and closed by saying, that if it would ever happen again, I would shoot him dead on site. It might have scared him as not everybody can find out a vehicle owner's details and address. 

Anyway, lets wait and see - most likely the boys will have to cramp a "Wai" in front of the assembled media, pay a fine and then get thrown out to rid Thailand of such farang elements! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zhounan said:

If I had passed that street, I would have run to help the policeman.

I'm still pretty handy, but I would not have got involved at all. 

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Back when I first started coming to Thailand in the 80s it was mostly friendly Aussies and things were beautiful as Aussies know how to respect local culture and get along with friendly Thais.

There were hardly any Aussies here even back in the late 90's and early 00's. Mostly Yanks and Brits. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo99 said:

Wrong.

Thailand has the death penalty and the method is lethal injection. 

Prior to October 2003 it was death by firing squad (well, one guy with a machine gun).

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

Not sure why folks come to this country, uninvited, then whine and complain about the culture and the cops and other issues.  Consider yourself lucky to be here.  Deal with the positives and the negatives and just do not piss off the locals.  Is that too hard to understand?  They did not ask you to come here.  It was your decision!

Wrong. 

I was invited, by letter, by the Thai Govt. as a foreign expert to work in their petroleum industry. 

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No, man, they're white.

Right, in that case maybe only 8 times each, depending on the guns used by the cops and how many cops. In actuality (American here) it very much depends on where in the US happens and whether it is a reputable police dept (yes they exist) or some rogue racist dept. More likely though, tased or dog bit if they didn't immediately drop the weapon. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Wrong. 

I was invited, by letter, by the Thai Govt. as a foreign expert to work in their petroleum industry. 

And because that's how you got here then it's also why millions of others are here, and the commenter is therefore wrong because you say so based on your own experience of one person? I suggest you take one of those cognitive impairment tests, it appears you do not understand what you are reading. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The laws are exactly the same as their home country. What are you on about???? You need a motorbike licence to ride a motorbike in your home country, or in your home country it's not the law but only in Thailand it's the law?

Exactly . I reckon in NZ they would not be able to rent a motor bike without a licence but  in Thailand it seems you can do . 

Apologies , my grammar was confusing . I should have proof read it but a good spot by you .

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It isn't corruption. It'd enforcing the law. Too many foreigners here seem to struggle to know the difference. Including you, it seems.

Enforcing the law ? So will the motor bike boss get done for renting out to someone without a licence ? I doubt it . Because the cops would lose money if everyone held a licence . Next thing you will be saying " there is no corruption in Thailand "

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Head to court AFTER the visa were revoked? Interesting indeed! 

There must be a flip side of the coin; complete nutters or the copper got out of hands and started to brandish his gun around. I had nasty experiences driving a van between Saraburi and Korat up a hill. The engine was not a V8 7'000cm3 and hence not racing material. I overtook a truck and all of a sudden a sedan pulled up and kept honking. I managed to get back onto the left lane, the sedan car passed me and shot two bullets in the air. I kept the car registration which named a police officer living in Ekamai.

I opted a Thai-style reaction; had a letter written in Thai referring to the incident and closed by saying, that if it would ever happen again, I would shoot him dead on site. It might have scared him as not everybody can find out a vehicle owner's details and address. 

Anyway, lets wait and see - most likely the boys will have to cramp a "Wai" in front of the assembled media, pay a fine and then get thrown out to rid Thailand of such farang elements! 

The spell checker again .... should read "would shoot him dead on sight" 

4 minutes ago, superal said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It isn't corruption. It'd enforcing the law. Too many foreigners here seem to struggle to know the difference. Including you, it seems.

Enforcing the law ? So will the motor bike boss get done for renting out to someone without a licence ? I doubt it . Because the cops would lose money if everyone held a licence . Next thing you will be saying " there is no corruption in Thailand "

You don't get it. It has nothing to do with what Thais do, including members of the country's largest criminal organisation. We can't influence that. What we can do, and should do, is obey the law ourselves. Or are you suggesting that as Thais break the law we should be free to do so as well?

• Like 1