Mid-air drama: Man’s attempted suicide on Thailand to UK flight

webfact

EVA staff couldn't do CPR without Lines? It would seem especially critical for a long overseas flight as would injectable medications for a heart attack, albeit a medical professional would be required.

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

To the UK from Thailand? what's that 12-13 hrs? What a lightweight!! 

Try flying to Florida a 32 hr trip. I have done it several times and not once did I kill myself. 

So 12 hours to London and it takes another 20 hours to hop across the pond into Florida ??

25 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

EVA staff couldn't do CPR without Lines?

I didn't read it that way.

I can do CPR, however if a qualified professional were there it only makes sense they take charge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The guy was in cardiac arrest for 30 minutes then 15 minutes after the London ambulance crew arrived.

Brain damaqe guaranteed ... better let him go ...

49 minutes ago, Chivas said:

So 12 hours to London and it takes another 20 hours to hop across the pond into Florida ??

Apparently you have never flown from BBK  to Florida

two  Connection to FL. Depending on layovers it easily could , and has many times.  .

Do a search in any o the airfare websites , see what you find.

Emirates now has a direct flight from Dubai to Orlando, but you still have a layover in Dubai. 

I think my shortest flight was 21 hrs. and the longest close to 40

The top 4 flights in the search below is (30 hrs 15 min)  ,(26, hr 45 min ), (25 hrs, 19 min,)  (26.5 hrs )

image.png.393b42232cb0bc6828af23d286fc2707.png

Edited by sirineou

19 hours ago, sungod said:

I didn't read it that way.

I can do CPR, however if a qualified professional were there it only makes sense they take charge.

Oh I agree.

But practically how does an airline predict that one or more of its passengers will be a CPR qualified professional for an overseas trip? If it finds none on the passenger list through public request (offer cabin upgrade?), then it doesn't depart? If not having a CPR qualified professional among the cabin crew, maybe offer a high ticket discount to get one on board as a passenger. 

If none but you were a passenger, would you decline to assist because you're not a qualified professional?

On 3/19/2024 at 7:01 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Their, voluntarily chosen, life is a piece of cake.

You jealous? No need, I think.

Assaults on the crew on the rise, frequently getting sick, entitled attitude in all classes, airlines cutting costs, overbearing ones like Qatar, dictating every part of your life, lousy pay, etc. .

It depends on the airline of course, but I recently flew KUL - KTM, a 4hrs 40 mins flight. By the time we landed in KTM the crew had already been at work for 6+ hrs and they had to work the flight back as well. A 13+ hr work day, working all through the night. Of course, there are hours with not much to do but such a night shift takes it out of you.

And all of this for peanuts.

So, if that's a piece of cake, you're welcome to it.

On 3/20/2024 at 10:27 AM, Chivas said:

They obviously meant total traveling time, including all layovers.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:18 AM, jacko45k said:

Since when have flights from BKK to LHR gone via Taipei?

The flights originate in TPE, stop in BKK, then continue to LHR and vice versa.

EVA has done this routing for decades but some of their flights go nonstop from their European destinations to TPE.

15 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

The flights originate in TPE, stop in BKK, then continue to LHR and vice versa.

EVA has done this routing for decades but some of their flights go nonstop from their European destinations to TPE.

I know that, and unlike the guy in  OP video, I know what 'via' means.