Teeth - extraction

The wife had a tooth pulled last Monday and the main problem that we found here in Khon Kaen was the lack of dentists in their clinics to do extractions even though the clinics were open they were only manned by the female assistants doing the beautification dentistry and the actual dentist would not be in for a few days to a week. So we ended up at the Faculty of Dentistry at Khon Kaen University

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The wife had a tooth pulled last Monday and the main problem that we found here in Khon Kaen was the lack of dentists in their clinics to do extractions even though the clinics were open they were only manned by the female assistants doing the beautification dentistry and the actual dentist would not be in for a few days to a week. So we ended up at the Faculty of Dentistry at Khon Kaen University

How did that go??

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

cost me 600 baht and took maybe 1 minute... very easy. But, I have a great dentist...

I don't know where you are, but I will be in Ratchaburi for just 10 days so the question is if I get any complication what can I do? My return fight is booked will my dentist in OZ agrees to rectify any mistakes the Thai dentist has made.

Does it really mattter if the price for an extraction is 200 or 2000 THB?

I would think more important is to get a professional good and as painless as possible treatment.

My experience with dental treatment in Thailand (pattaya) is much better than in Germany with it's waiting lists and poor service even for private insured patients.

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Does it really mattter if the price for an extraction is 200 or 2000 THB?

I would think more important is to get a professional good and as painless as possible treatment.

My experience with dental treatment in Thailand (pattaya) is much better than in Germany with it's waiting lists and poor service even for private insured patients.

It does not make any different to me just asking

10 hours ago, ignis said:

last year at my local Government Hospital, Dentist looked [back upper tooth] said out, injection 5 mins later pulled it out,  Dentist young guy looked about 16  !!

Total bill 320 baht............ always used local private Dentist b4  every visit no matter what was done 800 - 1,000 baht

I think I paid 200 baht but had to register with my pink card.

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

I don't know where you are, but I will be in Ratchaburi for just 10 days so the question is if I get any complication what can I do? My return fight is booked will my dentist in OZ agrees to rectify any mistakes the Thai dentist has made.

500 baht in Surin 

On 3/21/2024 at 6:02 PM, xylophone said:

How did that go??

Took a lot of time and running around. First when we got there we went into the main building about 11:30 and my wife registered and then she was sent to building 2 for a test and after a bit of time waiting she finally was sent back to the main building for an x-ray which didn't take long and then she was told to comeback about 17:30 and she will see the dentist about 19:30 or maybe if someone does not come back then she might be seen earlier. Ended up getting her tooth extracted at 18:45 and after paying the bill we left there at 20:15

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, TheFishman1 said:

It’s a little weird here in Thailand every time I go to Dentist they put that over my face just a hole where my mouth is so I can’t really see anything. It’s kind of strange, but I highly recommend the university of Chiang my dental clinic. They are the most reasonable and very professional TIT.

It's distracting having someone looking up and around while you are trying to drill or whatever. This the face covering.