Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Teeth - extraction

There area Dentists on every Soi (in Bangkok at least)...

Competition is high...  cost very likely quite minimal... 

Last year, I had a 'service' which included an X-Ray and a filling...  I thin it cost me about 2500 baht...  

So... a 'tooth pull'..  my guess is that a half decent place will charge about 1500 baht (pure guess - but that could be about ball park).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So... a 'tooth pull'..  my guess is that a half decent place will charge about 1500 baht (pure guess - but that could be about ball park).

I would say that's correct, right in that range. If it is a wisdom tooth though, and it's impacted, then maybe it's a bit more. And if you have to return for a follow up visit after the tooth has been pulled then they might charge a bit extra for the follow up visits. I'm assuming no more than 2,500-3,000 Baht. 

• Agree 1

I had a tooth extracted at a private hospital in Ayutthaya, the local anaesthetic was injected a bit off target and the back tooth was effectively extracted without anaesthetic.

Six very painful pulls and despite protest, he kept on pulling. None of the “ I’ll just give you a bit more local”.

I think the nurse was holding me down…

I know an anaesthetic was used, as my jaw was numbed for some hours after.

Not all bad news, since this time I have had 3 dental implants, a few caps and fillings – all went well and no complaints.

All done at Thai dental surgeries with a good reputation according to local expats.

2 minutes ago, HugoFastor said:

600 Baht for a pull is good value. The 2 nurses holding your head down while getting a pull sounds even better. I could do without the foot under the chin part. That's a bit too much unnecessary stimulation. 🙄

Sadly, the only downside was they put a shroud across my face, so I couldn't see anything, never had that before..... 😬

1 minute ago, transam said:

Sadly, the only downside was they put a shroud across my face, so I couldn't see anything, never had that before..... 😬

Oooo, nice touch. Any extra charge for that? Did they offer a blindfold as alternative option? 

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

So, I will be in Thailand again what is the cost to pull out 1 tooth. 

I thought you lived there for years :cheesy:

Costs only 600 to 1000 baht in a local dentist

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HugoFastor said:

Oooo, nice touch. Any extra charge for that? Did they offer a blindfold as alternative option? 

My hole head was blindfolded, except the place where my teeth were........😬

1000 to 5000 depending on the difficulty of the extraction. 

Where are you located?

Just now, transam said:

Just not nice, I was used to looking out at a nice garden in flower, back home....🤩

Really? I mean for 900 Baht all in, who wouldn't want two nurses holding your head down while getting a pull? Plus, the face covering makes for a unique experience. The part I'm still a bit puzzled about though is how you didn't feel a thing. Thus, I can understand your disappointment. 

• Confused 1

last year at my local Government Hospital, Dentist looked [back upper tooth] said out, injection 5 mins later pulled it out,  Dentist young guy looked about 16  !!

Total bill 320 baht............ always used local private Dentist b4  every visit no matter what was done 800 - 1,000 baht

6 minutes ago, HugoFastor said:

Really? I mean for 900 Baht all in, who wouldn't want two nurses holding your head down while getting a pull? Plus, the face covering makes for a unique experience. The part I'm still a bit puzzled about though is how you didn't feel a thing. Thus, I can understand your disappointment. 

Weeeeell, in LOS they do use anaesthetic, dunno about where you come from, or your girlie bar............😘

Thailand is still well priced on the dental front. I wouldn't even research it too much, aside from finding a good dentist, since there are so many of them and rates are normally similar. Private is at least double gov hospitals, but you can just waltz in off the street and potentially have a pair of pliers in your mouth within minutes. Yes, that's a good thing. 🙂

Coincidentally I had a tooth pulled YESTERDAY  at the Chiang Mai Ram dental clinic - 1600 baht. Asked why I did't want to "repair" the tooth with root canal work and a crown - yeah, for 30,000 baht, then ten years later the crown falls apart. Better five minutes of discomfort as the dentist did a great job of extracting it. He tried to talk me into an implant but a simple denture will do me.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Coincidentally I had a tooth pulled YESTERDAY  at the Chiang Mai Ram dental clinic - 1600 baht. Asked why I did't want to "repair" the tooth with root canal work and a crown - yeah, for 30,000 baht, then ten years later the crown falls apart. Better five minutes of discomfort as the dentist did a great job of extracting it. He tried to talk me into an implant but a simple denture will do me.

Mileage may differ. I had a bridge put in. Two root canals, on each side of the bridge. Going on 40 years ago. The bridge is a bit worn, to say the least.

In Muang Prachuap Khiri Khan, a dentist told me last week that one of my canines had to be extracted and that it would cost 800 baht. As it is not loose or painful, I can decide when I want it done. It will leave a visible gap in the front of my mouth, and he said that the false tooth that will replace it would cost between 4,000 and 7,000 baht, depending on the quality of the tooth and plate.

It’s a little weird here in Thailand every time I go to Dentist they put that over my face just a hole where my mouth is so I can’t really see anything. It’s kind of strange, but I highly recommend the university of Chiang my dental clinic. They are the most reasonable and very professional TIT.

6 hours ago, transam said:

Had one pulled where I live, at a very nice clinic, cost 600bht for the pull, 300bht for the X-ray, didn't feel a thing, though he had a lot of trouble pulling it out, 2 nurses having to hold my head down whilst he stuck his foot under my chin........😱

ow ow 

Goy on pulled last month, at Bumrungrad, complicated desintegrating tooth, about 4000 Baht. That's OK but replacing it will be another 150k. Unless you are over 85, always replace your teeth (up to first or second Molar).