Walking Street discos / nightclubs, why are all the usual places completely dead?

bbi1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

In fact, when I go to a club, especially clubs like the Wind Mill with many areas, nooks and crannies, and two different floors, I do consider myself entitled to go in, see the atmosphere, and decide whether to stay or I don't like it and prefer to leave.

Given the drop in the level of clubs lately and the lack of atmosphere in many, I can try several clubs until I find one I like, sit down, order a drink and stay a while.

I certainly don't consider myself obligated to stay in a club if when I enter I don't like what I see.

Windmill is different to other agogos, girls can be hit and miss, no quality control in there but always a good atmosphere. Buy a beer, sit downstairs if it's not doing it for you go upstairs. If still not great do the same thing over at Windmill 2. Windmill has naked girls there so not fair if people come in look at everyone then walk out.

Other agogos on the other hand where they are mostly wearing bikinis and coyote outfits, definitely walk in look and u turn out if lame

On 3/24/2024 at 4:33 PM, maechanman said:

It was even better in the 80s when it wasn't called walking street.

Oh man, I wasn't even born yet. Some people here are really showing their age.

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It also is a result of the actions of looky-loos, who might wander in and do a circle of the place, get a free eyeful and wander out again. Many think they have a right to do that.... I recall seeing it happen at a different place where the guy stood and leered at the stage, waved off service staff, and a few security, until the manager marched him out by the seat of his pants. No ideal solution here.

Some dude like what you described should definitely get marched out but when you walk in, have a quick look at the talent or lack of talent then uturn it out due to the fuglies they employ, that is 100% acceptable and normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Some dude like what you described should definitely get marched out but when you walk in, have a quick look at the talent or lack of talent then uturn it out due to the fuglies they employ, that is 100% acceptable and normal.

Not acceptable if you've already had a good look at the girls with the clothes off, just go upstairs

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Espanol said:

I certainly don't consider myself obligated to stay in a club if when I enter I don't like what I see.

I just feel a little embarrassed to do that, and will always sit, maybe a cheap draft if it is definitely going to be a short stay.... an exception would be if service staff are slow to attend. 

People with a sense of entitlement may feel differently. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 3:13 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

You mean when it was just a street? I don't recall it being much. Soi 8 was the place in the 90s

wasn't called walking street early 90s either, just a normal road

On 4/3/2024 at 11:27 PM, jacko45k said:

Many think they have a right to do that....

Don't you have the right to do that in a soapy?  I mean, if they don't have a girl you like in the fish bowl, they can't force you to go upstairs.  You just leave after having a look.  

I do what you do also.  I'll go in, and even if I don't like the girls or the atmosphere, I'll buy one cheap beer and get out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Don't you have the right to do that in a soapy?  I mean, if they don't have a girl you like in the fish bowl, they can't force you to go upstairs.  You just leave after having a look.  

I do what you do also.  I'll go in, and even if I don't like the girls or the atmosphere, I'll buy one cheap beer and get out.

Yes you do, but a GGB like xxxxx the girls aren't sat there doing nothing fully dressed (mostly), and although some may come in and leer, I suspect they would be removed too after a time. 

Getting tougher, I don't like the draft much, often gives me a headache, and the cost of a bottle doesn't cover a stage of 4 fatties doing the shuffle. 

On 4/6/2024 at 11:22 PM, jacko45k said:

Yes you do, but a GGB like xxxxx the girls aren't sat there doing nothing fully dressed (mostly), and although some may come in and leer, I suspect they would be removed too after a time. 

Getting tougher, I don't like the draft much, often gives me a headache, and the cost of a bottle doesn't cover a stage of 4 fatties doing the shuffle. 

That's why I don't go into the gogo bars as much as I used to.  The talent just isn't on stage like it used to be.  Not only are the pretty girls getting their customers online these days, but also doing some live streaming for payment on some platforms in between.