Bangkok’s Airport Rail Link faces major maintenance

snoop1130

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

They did that quite a while back.

Really? I last rode the ARL less than two months ago, and the empty, unusable baggage car was still on the train that I was on - and I've never seen an ex-Express train without it. (All the former Express passenger cars were converted to the City-style beech seating years ago.) 

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Really? I last rode the ARL less than two months ago, and the empty, unusable baggage car was still on the train that I was on - and I've never seen an ex-Express train without it. (All the former Express passenger cars were converted to the City-style beech seating years ago.) 

Yeah, the last few times I've been on it I've noticed the Express ones now have seating in all four carriages. Unless maybe they've only done one and I've just happened to get that one each time, not sure.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Haven't travelled on it for some years. Does it still have that loud bang when it goes over the points at one of the stations - I think the one where the maintenance depot is?

I remember thinking something is not quite right with that!

Yes, but it is not the points. It happens between Ramkhamhaeng and Hua Mark but only on the Express trains. It comes from the toilets and is some sort of pneumatic release valve but never found out exactly what it is, but it's definitely toilet related.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:48 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, the last few times I've been on it I've noticed the Express ones now have seating in all four carriages. Unless maybe they've only done one and I've just happened to get that one each time, not sure.

Yesterday I was got on a red express train and it had four carriages of seating. At the same time one pulled in opposite and it had four carriages of seating, so they have definitely converted all of them and think it's been done for a few months.

Thinking about it I haven't noticed a toilet on any express train for a while so maybe they also took them out at the same time (therefore no more loud clang).