Man quits weed after 20 years and shares the benefits

4 minutes ago, Dolf said:

All drug abuse is bad. You can't even use capitals anymore.

i never use them. the odd time when on my phone it auto corrects for me. 

• Like 1

That video came in my feeds on Youtube recently, but never watched it.

The thing is ... why does the human brain have cannabinoid receptors? Some people argue it's because humans have been taking cannabis for 10,000 years. 

But I wonder if there might be another more complex explanation beyond our understanding. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:54 PM, save the frogs said:

The thing is ... why does the human brain have cannabinoid receptors? Some people argue it's because humans have been taking cannabis for 10,000 years. 

But I wonder if there might be another more complex explanation beyond our understanding. 

Because the brain naturally synthesizes endocannabinoids. Just because the brain has opioid receptors, as well, doesn't mean that it evolved to bestow rewards upon users.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:24 PM, stoner said:

personal opinion. i assume you would say the same about daily drinkers ? 

It is a time for everything, when you grow old, you shouldnt drink anymore! 

There is no health benefits in alchohol, except the social part, where we have been brainwashed to believe the only way to have a social life is through alchohol. 

I do enjoy "quality" alchohol, but only a few units once and awhile.

To many thinks 2-3 units a day is ok, well, we know thats not true

• Agree 1

it shows how connected we are to the nature, and most of our complex body functions and chemistry is because its elements in the nature for all life existence. 

• Confused 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:08 PM, george said:

This video features a man sharing his experience quitting weed after smoking it for over 20 years. He says it has been the longest he has ever gone without smoking weed since he was 15 years old. He mentions that in the past he had quit for short periods to get a new job or for his health, but this time it felt different.

The man lists several benefits he has experienced since quitting weed. He says his mental health has improved significantly, especially his anxiety and depression. He explains that he used to self-medicate with weed but now realizes it was actually making his anxiety and depression worse. He also talks about the physical benefits such as improved lung function and increased stamina. He says his lungs feel like they are healing from the damage caused by smoking weed.

Another benefit he mentions is quitting weed has given him more money. He estimates that he was spending $300 to $400 a month on weed and says he feels silly about how much money he wasted. He also says that quitting weed has made him more productive and goal-oriented. He no longer feels like procrastinating and feels more focused throughout the day.

The speaker also talks about the negative impact weed had on his relationships. He says he was not as present with his wife and kids because he was總是 (zǒng shì) zoned out and high. He admits that weed made him moody and irritable and that he is a better husband and father now that he is sober.

The man concludes the video by acknowledging that weed can be helpful for some people medicinally, but  if someone feels like they are struggling with weed addiction and it is negatively impacting their life, they should try to quit. He says it took him many years to realize how bad weed was for him and encourages people who are thinking about quitting to give it a try.

— ASEAN NOW 2024-03-23

i think he just has mental Health issues ive smoked since age 14 63 now, idiots abound and i can not use it for several years at a time, good luck to him i think he need suan phu

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:31 AM, ABCDBKK said:

It all comes down to moderation. The people who tell these stories of how it badly harmed their life are typically using too much of it and too frequently to where they are in a fog and it overtakes their daily life. People who use cannabis in small amounts, say after the day is done, rarely report these sorts of problems. It's like anything in life. Even too much of a good thing isn't healthy. We all need food to survive, but too much and it and too often can lead to obesity, various chronic diseases and even death. 

I wouldn't say the same for alcohol and cigarettes though because studies have shown, even in small amounts, they both can still be very harmful. But then some people drink and smoke cigarettes their whole life and still live happily and to a fairly old age. 

To each his own though. If this guy felt that cannabis was harming his life then it's good that he quit. But one size doesn't fit all. And to me, this type of information is purely anecdotal. I don't have the sorts of problems he seemed to have with it, and so I wouldn't be interested enough to watch his video. 

I'm inclined to agree. Over the years, I was starting to get stoned but not getting high any more, so I stopped. It became pointless. The brain changes colour over decades. I reckon you get 'brilliant experiences' when young on cannabis, but not when you are older. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Brain has opioid receptors too. Try getting hooked on opioids see how that feels.

• Confused 1