Grab vs taxis

I am not in Thailand we have Uber which is the same as Grab and Uber is miles cheaper as a taxi. Example from my place to the airport (which is I guess a 20minutes drive) Uber charge me 28 AUD but taxi about up to 40AUD.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I am not in Thailand we have Uber which is the same as Grab and Uber is miles cheaper as a taxi. Example from my place to the airport (which is I guess a 20minutes drive) Uber charge me 28 AUD but taxi about up to 40AUD.

What is so hard to understand?

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

You don't sleep at night??

• Thumbs Up 1

The listed prices for Bolt are much cheaper than Grab, but getting a ride can be problematic if you go for the cheap rides.

For example, I needed a Bolt ride from Pattaya to Bangkok on a weekday morning. They kept canceling my order even though they were nearby, one after the other. When I picked a more expensive category, a Bolt car turned up and they asked me if I would transfer to a private service to Bangkok for a negotiated price - at least as much as a Taxi. After seeing how small the Bolt car was, I was happy to ride in a comfortable SUV.

17 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Still kicking writes a post...then 10 minutes later replies to it

FUnniest thing I have saw  🤣

Arguing with himself

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The listed prices for Bolt are much cheaper than Grab, but getting a ride can be problematic if you go for the cheap rides.

For example, I needed a Bolt ride from Pattaya to Bangkok on a weekday morning. They kept canceling my order even though they were nearby, one after the other. When I picked a more expensive category, a Bolt car turned up and they asked me if I would transfer to a private service to Bangkok for a negotiated price - at least as much as a Taxi. After seeing how small the Bolt car was, I was happy to ride in a comfortable SUV.

Grab are similar if busy, dont move or very slow, if you cancel ride, hit with fee despite non performance, no recourse due to 'App bot thing'. Normally excellent, cheap, 

Edited by Olmate
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Omg you replying to your own posts ?🤣

He may have been replying to his own post , asking the people who put a confused emoji on his post, asking them why they are confused ?

So he was asking the people who didn't understand his post, why they don't understand , rather than talking to himself ?

• Confused 4
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He may have been replying to his own post , asking the people who put a confused emoji on his post, asking them why they are confused ?

So he was asking the people who didn't understand his post, why they don't understand , rather than talking to himself ?

He got a sad emoji not confused. 

19 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He didn't, he got confused emoji and a sad emoji as well as a thumbs up  

Well we all get them

Screenshot_20240326_132500_Brave.jpg

Edited by Dolf

19 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He didn't, he got confused emoji and a sad emoji as well as a thumbs up  

Do you want to argue with emojis?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Do you want to argue with emojis?

Think about it .

That was his reply .

I am talking about the /his original post .

Do I really have to explain ?

This post got a confused emoji

"I am not in Thailand we have Uber which is the same as Grab and Uber is miles cheaper as a taxi. Example from my place to the airport (which is I guess a 20minutes drive) Uber charge me 28 AUD but taxi about up to 40AUD."

And he replied to that and that reply got a  sad emoji 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Think about it .

That was his reply .

I am talking about the /his original post .

Do I really have to explain ?

This post got a confused emoji

"I am not in Thailand we have Uber which is the same as Grab and Uber is miles cheaper as a taxi. Example from my place to the airport (which is I guess a 20minutes drive) Uber charge me 28 AUD but taxi about up to 40AUD."

And he replied to that and that reply got a  sad emoji 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He was arguing with an emoji :cheesy:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Is Grab still worth it these days ?

I've heard that in some countries Grab is now becoming more expensive than regular taxis.

Is it the case in Thailand ?

In my experience is cheaper or, at least, if can save good money if you use it for long distances: example. 

1) Korat: Leosor Hotel to New Bus station: with grab taxibike the fare is 43 thb. With normal taxi is 50 thb

2 Pattaya: Huay Yai to Roong Ruean bus station: grab is 85, normal fare is 160 thb

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He was asking he person who put a confused emoji on his post, why he put a confused emoji on his post 

I am sure is the user called "somebody" who put it...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He was asking he person who put a confused emoji on his post, why he put a confused emoji on his post 

Was he? He never said that. What if 3 people do it?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Possible reasons

1 he was talking about outside Thailand

2 the poster might like emojis

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Is Grab still worth it these days ?

I've heard that in some countries Grab is now becoming more expensive than regular taxis.

Is it the case in Thailand ?

I give you a real answer. Grab is ok in some cities but no cheaper in Bangkok. Bolt is super cheap in CM and slightly cheaper in Bangkok. Bolt is in Pattaya I think.

Download Bolt and Grab.

• Thanks 1

Recently, I saw a vlogger sharing experiences regarding the apps of 'Bolt' and 'Grab'
Don't have any experience with them but thought it might be useful to have that app on the phone.
But to activate you have to give a cc number right away, find that a bit tricky, so without booking anything they do have my cc number, or is that normal these days?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Olmate said:

Grab are similar if busy, dont move or very slow, if you cancel ride, hit with fee despite non performance, no recourse due to 'App bot thing'. Normally excellent, cheap, 

I don't understand what you're talking about, but Grab listed prices are much higher than Bolt. My problem getting a ride to Bangkok was not because they were busy (it was 7 am), but because no one wanted to go to Bangkok. There were a lot of available cars nearby, but they canceled my orders, not me. I had an important appointment in Bangkok so I had no time to mess around. Next time I need to go to Bangkok, I won't use either of these apps.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1