Upcoming trip

georgegeorgia

Well next month in April I'm going to Pattaya which I'm not happy about I prefer June July.

So I'm looking at a Air bnb this time 1 month , now I did stay at Arcadia waters resort near Jomtien last time it was a 1,000 baht a night with gym pool sauna etc 

The private owner lived in the next apartment and was a nuisance knocking on my door to turn the lights off and Air con off 

But I'm looking at similar only cheaper, do you think I could get 30 days for 15k-20,000 baht with gym and pool 

Electric must be included,I don't want to pay separately!

If you know either Pm me or write on here 

Maybe I should go to a real estate?

Also I would like to do "challenges" this trip and STAY in the NIRUN or FLYBIRD for a week ,how do I arrange that ?

I would like to see what it's like last time I walked past I was abused by shirtless drunken farangs ,but what's it like for a week?

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Electric won't be included unless it's a hotel. Less than 20k is easy, look on Facebook marketplace and Pattaya property groups 

Yes thanks Scuba 

I will look at this Facebook too 

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Upcoming trip? Is that where you get your 'comeupance' I wonder? 

Well that's why I'm thinking how I could stay in the NIRUN apartments for a week so I can visit you in your 21sqm room 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well that's why I'm thinking how I could stay in the NIRUN apartments for a week so I can visit you in your 21sqm room 

Sounds like a plan for sure, maybe even take you for a coffee @ bigc food court, half price if I supply my own mug! 

Edited by Olmate
Add
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I got pool and gym in cm for 700 baht on agoda.

Forget airbnb crap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:05 AM, georgegeorgia said:

George, Nirun, and especially Flybird are slums.  Why don't you rent a room in a Thai place in Central Pattaya for 5500 to 8500 per month, plus another 2k for electricity and water instead of an overpriced condo? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlcu5hg5lMQ

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The private owner lived in the next apartment and was a nuisance knocking on my door to turn the lights off and Air con off 

This is unusual behaviour, what nationality was the owner? 

Also I would like to do "challenges" this trip and STAY in the NIRUN or FLYBIRD for a week ,how do I arrange that ?

I would like to see what it's like last time I walked past I was abused by shirtless drunken farangs

Nirun and Flybird have bulletin boards posting rentals. 

Take care staying there, those condos are haunted. 😂

Shirtless drunken foreigners are everywhere, most are out getting exercise. 🚶

• Haha 2

Well next month in April I'm going to Pattaya which I'm not happy about I prefer June July.

So I'm looking at a Air bnb this time 1 month , now I did stay at Arcadia waters resort near Jomtien last time it was a 1,000 baht a night with gym pool sauna etc 

But I'm looking at similar only cheaper, do you think I could get 30 days for 15k-20,000 baht with gym and pool 

Electric must be included,I don't want to pay separately!

If you know either Pm me or write on here 

Maybe I should go to a real estate?

You might be here already. There's a point of diminishing returns when saving money on rent.  You can pay 4500 baht per month to stay in a dump, or 6k for a more modern room in a condo like Novanna Residence:

https://propertyhub.in.th/en/listings/novana-residence-studio-for-rent--9894089c---3699516

It's better to rent a nicer room and stay home for a night or two per month than to stay in a dump, and yes, the places you listed are dumps. 

When you're retired and willing to sign a long term lease offer to pre pay for a year and ask for a discount. Some condos sit empty for months at a time and the owners are better off giving a discount than getting zero rent at all. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

It's better to rent a nicer room and stay home for a night or two per month than to stay in a dump, and yes, the places you listed are dumps. 

It's all a matter of preference. Maybe he lives in dump in Australia, so just a lateral move.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

It's all a matter of preference. Maybe he lives in dump in Australia, so just a lateral move.

I assume there are no dumps in Australia that compare to some of the buildings here.

My suspicion is that the OP would like to retire a few years early and wants to test his limits for how low he can go on expenses in order to leave work sooner.  If that's the case he'll want somewhere comfortable with modern amenities and the ability to cook at least some of his meals at home. 

• Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:41 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Is that you Bob? 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:41 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Slagging off Pattaya.

Posts video from Bangkok. 

• Haha 1