If there is a God – Why ?

If there is a God – Why ? 

There's no God , There's only a brainwashed Idea what's been put in peoples Heads. by someone that dreamed this up and started to Preach  this for his Own  Benefit.

How can one believe in something that can't be Seen /Proven . 

Religion is about Power over the people and money

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

The question is not WHY there is - or should be - a God. The question is "is there one?".

The answer is there isn't. Sorry guys, that personal friend of yours does't exist.

If anyone ever did a study to ascertain how many people actually had their prayers answered, against those who didn't, it would be obvious.

If there is a god, he/she/it is not listening.

Those who claim to have their prayers answered IMO just got lucky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If anyone ever did a study to ascertain how many people actually had their prayers answered, against those who didn't, it would be obvious.

If there is a god, he/she/it is not listening.

Those who claim to have their prayers answered IMO just got lucky.

All depends what they were praying for. Was it money, gold and other riches or for a loved one to survive a disease? Maybe, like some say, God wanted them with him because their usefulness here was done, or that he had another job for them. I ask God for all kinds of things, and sometimes things happen for the best. most times they don't, and that's supposed to be a learning experience. Remember what Job went through? There are millions here that need help, and people are taken advantage of and killed daily, and he never steps in it seems to help. This shows he wants us to believe using faith. Of course I think he should kick ass, but it doesn't happen, or at least we don't see it happen when we want it to. Some say his answer can be no, for whatever reasons he has that are above our thinking, because we never see the complete picture until we die. Some will say there will be just death, and nothing after. I think otherwise. There's no way a universe can happen from nothing, as everything in the universe is matter. That's creation. It only makes sense that everything was created and didn't just happen, so who created it? If it was God, as some of us believe, he must have his reasons why things are so screwed up, beyond what humans do to destroy. We are hurting the earth, and life here will end because of our damage eventually, or we will just run out of food to maintain life. I'm sure God doesn't let people win the lottery or other gambling endeavors, but some prayers in my thinking should be answered, and this is why many don't believe, like the OP asked.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

All depends what they were praying for. Was it money, gold and other riches or for a loved one to survive a disease? Maybe, like some say, God wanted them with him because their usefulness here was done, or that he had another job for them. I ask God for all kinds of things, and sometimes things happen for the best. most times they don't, and that's supposed to be a learning experience. Remember what Job went through? There are millions here that need help, and people are taken advantage of and killed daily, and he never steps in it seems to help. This shows he wants us to believe using faith. Of course I think he should kick ass, but it doesn't happen, or at least we don't see it happen when we want it to. Some say his answer can be no, for whatever reasons he has that are above our thinking, because we never see the complete picture until we die. Some will say there will be just death, and nothing after. I think otherwise. There's no way a universe can happen from nothing, as everything in the universe is matter. That's creation. It only makes sense that everything was created and didn't just happen, so who created it? If it was God, as some of us believe, he must have his reasons why things are so screwed up, beyond what humans do to destroy. We are hurting the earth, and life here will end because of our damage eventually, or we will just run out of food to maintain life. I'm sure God doesn't let people win the lottery or other gambling endeavors, but some prayers in my thinking should be answered, and this is why many don't believe, like the OP asked.

Many do not believe because there is no evidence supporting belief.

Religions exist because people cannot stand the thought this is the only life we have. No-one has come back to tell us otherwise, the Resurrection could equally be the result of hallucinations induced by religious fervour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Many do not believe because there is no evidence supporting belief.

Religions exist because people cannot stand the thought this is the only life we have. No-one has come back to tell us otherwise, the Resurrection could equally be the result of hallucinations induced by religious fervour.

One reason I started out as a Catholic and then just became Christian. Although Christianity is also a religion, it isn't like how Catholicism is. A lot about money and praying to people, saints so to speak. I don't believe that's necessary. People actually have come back from being declared dead, no brain activity. Some were children who said things they couldn't have possibly known, so that's some evidence that could be considered. Again it all about faith.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Don't you understand that this applies equally to that thing you call "God"?

Don't you understand we believe he was always there? You could say, who created God, but that wouldn't make any sense. Because who created that entity? No proof either way, although the universe couldn't have just happened, and no one has ever explained that it did.

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Who said the universe came from nothing?

Scientists, about half of them, don't believe in God but have theories, such as the big bang. We believe all that happened was God's actions, and didn't just happen, as I said. Matter has to come from somewhere. Everything in the universe is matter.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Scientists, about half of them, don't believe in God but have theories, such as the big bang. We believe all that happened was God's actions, and didn't just happen, as I said. Matter has to come from somewhere. Everything in the universe is matter.

Er - there is anti-matter as well.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Er - there is anti-matter as well.

The definition.........

molecules formed by atoms consisting of antiprotons, antineutrons, and positrons. Stable antimatter does not appear to exist in our universe.
"standard theories say that matter and antimatter were created in equal amounts after the Big Bang" Again, we believe God made all things happen, including the "big bang".

26 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The definition.........

molecules formed by atoms consisting of antiprotons, antineutrons, and positrons. Stable antimatter does not appear to exist in our universe.
"standard theories say that matter and antimatter were created in equal amounts after the Big Bang" Again, we believe God made all things happen, including the "big bang".

Did God make everything 6 thousands years ago, all within 7 days ?

The big bang was 14 Billion years ago 

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did God make everything 6 thousands years ago, all within 7 days ?

The big bang was 14 Billion years ago 

Many of the theories about how long ago things happened are theories, by scientists that might just be mistaken. It's possible. Only way we will know the whole truth is when we die, and you can ask God, if he lets you in, depending on if you believe in him or not.

14 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Many of the theories about how long ago things happened are theories, by scientists that might just be mistaken. It's possible. Only way we will know the whole truth is when we die, and you can ask God, if he lets you in, depending on if you believe in him or not.

If I don't believe in God, live a life where I have harmed no-one, cheated no-one etc. your God won't let me in.

OTOH, someone who believes, screws around, steals from others and is generally a hypocrite will be forgiven their sins. God will let them in.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous your post is.

• Like 1

The most basic thoughts could be:- how beautiful is this "blue marble" planet, "what a wonderful world" sang Louis Armstrong,  "they're only saying I love you",  if everything was reduced to just one word it surely would be "love", and perhaps whatever God is, is a showoff for us to love and appreciate  this one-off planet that was somehow made, we could all appreciate being here, all our needs are provided yet man has fought wars and also continued futile arguements on this forum.      A simplistic view yes, and perhaps worth thinking also about that old saying:- "I shall pass through this world but once, if there be any kindness I can show or any goodness I can do , let me not tarry, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again".   Coud aligning with some of the above musings  sow a seed and lift the value of some lives into living loving caring and sharing? and it it is free.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

When you die you will go nowhere, just like anybody else.

27 minutes ago, JackGats said:

When you die you will go nowhere, just like anybody else.

Do you have proof of this? No? Then your opinion means nothing, so it's best to keep your doom thinking to yourself, because those who believe , believe otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Do you have proof of this? No? Then your opinion means nothing, so it's best to keep your doom thinking to yourself, because those who believe , believe otherwise.

Who decides who have the right to speak?

Do all of abrahams believers qualify for god?

I have to say, it doesnt appealing to me be stuck with true believers, so I stay away

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If I don't believe in God, live a life where I have harmed no-one, cheated no-one etc. your God won't let me in.

OTOH, someone who believes, screws around, steals from others and is generally a hypocrite will be forgiven their sins. God will let them in.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous your post is.

Actually, it's as far from ridiculous as it could be. People need to repent of their sins, know they were wrong, and ask forgiveness, just like any other relationship. In this case, God created everything, including humans, and gave them a choice. Believe in who created you, or put false gods in front of him, or deny there is any God. Your choice, free will. Good deeds are great, but he has his rules, which makes sense because he created everything and knows us better than we do.

If there is a God, what's more important? Treating others well and forgetting your creator, or treating others well, and believing in him? God, if he has indeed created everything from just his mind, surely can do much more, including knowing your heart. Hypocrites can't fool God.

Believing in God and then doing whatever you want, including hurting others, isn't how he wants us to live. We all sin, but some of us have a conscience and don't like our own actions. Doesn't take much to believe that we were created and didn't just happen by chance, which means we have a creator, and if so, that entity is in charge.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:08 PM, brianthainess said:

I preferer Wind in the Willows, Harry potter, Hitch Hikers Guide, Alice in Wonderland,... etc. 

I think George Carlin said he liked "the 3 little pigs" as his sacred story.

23 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

And that's nice for them.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, it's as far from ridiculous as it could be. People need to repent of their sins, know they were wrong, and ask forgiveness, just like any other relationship. In this case, God created everything, including humans, and gave them a choice. Believe in who created you, or put false gods in front of him, or deny there is any God. Your choice, free will. Good deeds are great, but he has his rules, which makes sense because he created everything and knows us better than we do.

If there is a God, what's more important? Treating others well and forgetting your creator, or treating others well, and believing in him? God, if he has indeed created everything from just his mind, surely can do much more, including knowing your heart. Hypocrites can't fool God.

Believing in God and then doing whatever you want, including hurting others, isn't how he wants us to live. We all sin, but some of us have a conscience and don't like our own actions. Doesn't take much to believe that we were created and didn't just happen by chance, which means we have a creator, and if so, that entity is in charge.

Urgently requesting a "yawn" emoji.

• Haha 2

Chapter one. part one.

Once upon a time, the maker of all suddenly appeared with a big bang, and he made absolutely everything, he made just two humans one man and and one woman, the woman was very naughty and was told by the maker not to eat those lovely apples, (she blamed it on a talking snake, yer right.) but she did eat one, and it made her feel very randy, her brother Adam the son of the maker, also got randy, they ended up having boys born, then one got jealous and killed his brother, oh no he said who am I going to shag looking at his mum hopefully...................stay tuned for when the Maker shags a Virgin.

• Haha 1