Body of British Man Found in Pattaya Condo

webfact

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a horrible way to end one's life when there's no one misses you to check on you

and your well being, one of the big draw back living away from home,

friends and family...

Short life but the end missed a crucial element necessary for approval from out ANF Life Coaches. The ideal is that short but happy life ending with a smile on one's face during a bonk. The short but happy life omits dieting and exercise; Mr. Milligan may have successfully achieved that part; he was at least living in the paradise of Pattaya.

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

She was his CARETAKER! for the last time not his CLEANER! what part of CARE-Taker do you not understand?

What arrangement did the cleaner have with the chap, did she LIVE at the condo......? 

Pray, tell......🤗

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

State of advanced decomposition. He was wearing a red tank top and brown shorts. There were no signs of injury or struggle on his body.

That's the post mortem over and done with 🤔Rip

"The body was taken to the Institute of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy to determine the cause of death". 

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

RIP chap.

Appears another Nirun condo will be on the market soon.  Another reason to rent in Thailand imo.

If owned and still has family members abroad someone has to come over and handle the selling under stress and mostly likely selling at fire sale prices.

If no family, the caretaker or someone else may just move in.

Nobody “has to” deal with selling under stress

Many condos are abandoned. Not just farengs  in our building it was mostly Thai. We have vehicles in the car park not moved in 15 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As the OP very clearly stated, she had been trying to help him for two days but could not get in.

Not clearly stated or even stated at all. Another “epic fail” from our Penny Lane Pandit. The OP had included No such detail.  

Am I required under Thai law to read all linked stories before commenting ? I am just guessing but perhaps the man had been uncommunicative while holed up in his condo before. That might be a reason the caretaker did not immediately seek aid on the first day. Not the third, while he lay  in “a state of advanced decomposition”. 

58 minutes ago, ravip said:

RIP Mr. Harold Jhon Milligan. A very sad way to pass off.

We don't know any information regarding the arrangements  Mr. Milligan had with the caretaker and how things were done on a day today basis.

So one can add any nationality to your comment "Don't rely on Thais to help you even in your utmost time of need"  and it will hold true.

Random generalising is not very nice IMHO

She was his caretaker. He was in a wheelchair. She was meant to check on him every day. 

He rotted in a room, body decomposing for three days.

Don't keep making excuses for these people.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

She was his caretaker. He was in a wheelchair. She was meant to check on him every day. 

Don't keep making excuses for these people.

He died. Nothing to do with her.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

c

• She was his caretaker. He was in a wheelchair. She was meant to check on him every day. - Are you a friend of the late gentleman and know all the details?
  • Don't keep making excuses for these people. - What am I to gain by making excuses?
  •  

Spewing out personal hate at a drop of a hat is a sick habit, and needs medical attention IMHO

Edited by ravip
Correction
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Thailand is the greatest place of all until you have a problem.

Then you are on your own.

Whilst I understand that that can certainly be the case, I would say its a bit of a generalisation.  I know there are many reasons why people don't and can't create a personal strategy in the form of friends etc. but I would suggest it makes good sense to do so.

I was recently diagnosed with cancer and the help from family (Thai)  and certainly the numerous hospital staff was tremendous. I certainly wasn't on my own, and that wasn't by luck. Make a plan for the inevitable. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:
3 hours ago, transam said:

No I don't, neither do you, some here quick to attack the Thai cleaner....😏

She was his CARETAKER! for the last time not his CLEANER! what part of CARE-Taker do you not understand?

So what was the agreement between them ? 

‘Caretaker’ is a wide term that you are shoehorning into your acceptance of the meaning.

Clearly she tried to pop on by the days before but couldn’t get in. 

Did they have an agreement… I.e.  if the four is locked don’t worry, he having an afternoon nap… or was the deceased high demand and needed all day care ???

This seems more like a pop round from time to time help out with domestic chores & check all is ok…. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So what was the agreement between them ? 

‘Caretaker’ is a wide term that you are shoehorning into your acceptance of the meaning.

Clearly she tried to pop on by the days before but couldn’t get in. 

Did they have an agreement… I.e.  if the four is locked don’t worry, he having an afternoon nap… or was the deceased high demand and needed all day care ???

This seems more like a pop round from time to time help out with domestic chores & check all is ok…. 

Some are too eager to bury a Thai...Nothing new from those......🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Caretaker looks after buildings.

Carer looks after people.

God knows what a cleaner has to do with anything.

A cleaner clears up the mess, plus any other instructions via their pay packet......🤗

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Caretaker looks after buildings.

Carer looks after people.

God knows what a cleaner has to do with anything.

Probably lost in translation IMO Caretaker being someone that 'takes care' of someone, as in a Carer . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Until an autopsy is done, no one can determine how he passed. Of course there are those with Sherlock Holmes tendencies that will think the caretaker is a suspect. She actually is, as is anyone who had a close relationship with him. She said she checked up on him the first two days with no response. If I was taking care of someone in a wheelchair, I would make sure they responded any time I went there, just to make sure they were okay. I'm guessing he had a phone she could have called if he didn't answer the door. After two days, I would have informed the police to check on him. I'm putting what I would do in her place, which doesn't work. He might have died the first day, right after she last saw him, from a heart attack, stroke or something, so they won't know until that autopsy. Of course, if it comes up foul play, then we'll know. We don't know what he was capable of doing. All we know is that he used a wheelchair, and millions that do can get around. Only time will tell.

• Agree 1