Body of British Man Found in Pattaya Condo

webfact

28 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Until an autopsy is done, no one can determine how he passed. Of course there are those with Sherlock Holmes tendencies that will think the caretaker is a suspect. She actually is, as is anyone who had a close relationship with him. She said she checked up on him the first two days with no response. If I was taking care of someone in a wheelchair, I would make sure they responded any time I went there, just to make sure they were okay. I'm guessing he had a phone she could have called if he didn't answer the door. After two days, I would have informed the police to check on him. I'm putting what I would do in her place, which doesn't work. He might have died the first day, right after she last saw him, from a heart attack, stroke or something, so they won't know until that autopsy. Of course, if it comes up foul play, then we'll know. We don't know what he was capable of doing. All we know is that he used a wheelchair, and millions that do can get around. Only time will tell.

Always wondered how much information can be gleaned from a post mortem? Also, how far can (or do) they go? A friend died alone, at home, aged 66. Death Certificate gave cause of death as; 'unascertained'. An exact date of death was entered. Would that have been calculated, or would they just put down the date the body was found? If no foul play suspected I suppose it doesn't really matter too much?

5 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Always wondered how much information can be gleaned from a post mortem? Also, how far can (or do) they go? A friend died alone, at home, aged 66. Death Certificate gave cause of death as; 'unascertained'. An exact date of death was entered. Would that have been calculated, or would they just put down the date the body was found? If no foul play suspected I suppose it doesn't really matter too much?

Unless there is foul play, they won't go the extra mile, looking for clues to a poisoning, ice pick in the ear, intentional drowning etc. Either they have a suspect for some reason, or a relative or friend suspected something in order to go further .I suspect many here are cremated after a death, even if it was a murder. Even in a poisoning case, they can do toxicology on the ashes, as happened in a case in the US where a woman poisoned her three husbands before she was caught.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The body was taken to the Institute of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy to determine the cause of death". 

Now he's had two then 🤔

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

She was his CARETAKER! for the last time not his CLEANER! what part of CARE-Taker do you not understand?

Too much heat on the brain this time of year can cause cognitive confusion.

Best not to give the ol chap too hard a time 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dolf said:

He died. Nothing to do with her.

So  being  a 'caretaker' does not include helping a person remain alive? Daily visits would be an expectation, although the facility to gain entrance would be too. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So  being  a 'caretaker' does not include helping a person remain alive? Daily visits would be an expectation, although the facility to gain entrance would be too. 

If no key she cant get in

• Agree 1