NY judge issues gag order on Trump in hush money trial

Social Media

44 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I didn’t say maybe. I said ‘that may be’. Can you see the difference?

Sure, But I was responding to Kuhn D. saying he hasn't memorized all the charges when all 34 charges are the same.

Edited by jerrymahoney

36 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Sure, But I was responding to Kuhn D. saying he hasn't memorized all the charges when all 34 charges are the same.

No, you responded to my post, where I said ‘That may be’, which you turned into ‘maybe’.

0B178C53-584C-4865-8CD5-928D8F2267AE.jpeg

I'm just going to say that there are 34 counts in the indictment all the same penal code charge and each count has its own guilty/not guilty verdict and potential penalty as you say.

Edited by jerrymahoney

19 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I'm just going to say that there are 34 counts in the indictment all the same penal code charge and each count has its own guilty/not guilty verdict and potential penalty as you say.

If you had read my post, you would have seen that I wasn’t disputing that it’s 34 counts of falsifying business records. I was just adding that even though it’s 34 counts of falsifying business records, each count is punishable by up to four years in jail. There, was that so hard? 

Trump demands a new judge just days before the start of his hush-money criminal trial

By The Associated Press
Published April 6, 2024 at 12:10 AM EDT

NEW YORK — Former President Donald Trump is demanding a new judge just days before his hush-money criminal trial is set to begin, rehashing longstanding grievances with the current judge in a long-shot, eleventh-hour bid to disrupt and delay the case.

Trump's lawyers — echoing his recent social media complaints — urged Manhattan Judge Juan M. Merchan to step aside from the case, alleging bias and a conflict of interest because his daughter is a Democratic political consultant. The judge rejected a similar request last August.

In court papers made public Friday, (NB see above post) Trump's lawyers said it is improper for Merchan "to preside over these proceedings while Ms. Merchan benefits, financially and reputationally, from the manner in which this case is interfering" with Trump's campaign as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

https://www.weku.org/npr-news/2024-04-06/trump-demands-a-new-judge-just-days-before-the-start-of-his-hush-money-criminal-trial

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 2

On 4/7/2024 at 1:03 AM, Yellowtail said:

But the question was how Clarence Thomas is directly benefiting from his judicial decisions. 

If you don't know, just say you don't know, don't just keep saying it. 

Clarence Thomas is personally benefiting from his judicial decisions.

I have posted the links on this already.

4 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump demands a new judge just days before the start of his hush-money criminal trial

By The Associated Press
Published April 6, 2024 at 12:10 AM EDT

NEW YORK — Former President Donald Trump is demanding a new judge just days before his hush-money criminal trial is set to begin, rehashing longstanding grievances with the current judge in a long-shot, eleventh-hour bid to disrupt and delay the case.

Trump's lawyers — echoing his recent social media complaints — urged Manhattan Judge Juan M. Merchan to step aside from the case, alleging bias and a conflict of interest because his daughter is a Democratic political consultant. The judge rejected a similar request last August.

In court papers made public Friday, (NB see above post) Trump's lawyers said it is improper for Merchan "to preside over these proceedings while Ms. Merchan benefits, financially and reputationally, from the manner in which this case is interfering" with Trump's campaign as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

https://www.weku.org/npr-news/2024-04-06/trump-demands-a-new-judge-just-days-before-the-start-of-his-hush-money-criminal-trial

Nothingburger.

This is the second time Trump has tried this.

What is probably happening is that Trump is demanding that his attorneys do something to stop the trial.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nothingburger.

This is the second time Trump has tried this.

What is probably happening is that Trump is demanding that his attorneys do something to stop the trial.

I'll do the play-by-play. You can be the color(u)r commentator.

Simply that you can come on here and say i'ts a Nothingburger and nobody says anything. If I came on here and said it's definitely NOT a Nothingburger, it would be tag team time.

Edited by jerrymahoney

49 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Simply that you can come on here and say i'ts a Nothingburger and nobody says anything. If I came on here and said it's definitely NOT a Nothingburger, it would be tag team time.

If you claimed that Trump's recusal motion was serious, there would be a brief debate.

Brief because the motion will be dismissed shortly.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Clarence Thomas is personally benefiting from his judicial decisions.

I have posted the links on this already.

No, you just keep making the same false claims over and over to links that do not support it. 

If you had an example, you would write a couple sentences and explain it, but you don't have an example, so you can't provide one. You can't even pull a real example of the inane leftist propaganda you link to and paste it here. 

You just regurgitated some phony leftist talking point, got called on it and now you are pretending like you have supported the phony leftist talking point with an example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

And maybe then appealed.

Can denying the motion be appealed or would this be part of a (likely) appeal after a verdict?

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No, you just keep making the same false claims over and over to links that do not support it. 

If you had an example, you would write a couple sentences and explain it, but you don't have an example, so you can't provide one. You can't even pull a real example of the inane leftist propaganda you link to and paste it here. 

You just regurgitated some phony leftist talking point, got called on it and now you are pretending like you have supported the phony leftist talking point with an example.

Legal experts warn that Thomas’ actions raise “significant concerns” regarding the reality or appearance of conflicts of interest and abuse of his official position. Were he any other government official, or a member of most professions, his behavior would merit severe sanctions if not removal. 

Thomas' willingness to receive such benefits, including trips and vacations which total in the millions of dollars, is almost “certainly unlawful and ethically reprehensible,”  - Bennett Gershman, a former New York prosecutor and law professor at Pace University, told Salon.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And still not a single example. Am I the only one shocked here?

You just keep making the same false claims over and over, and then post links that do not support them.

If you had an example, you would write a couple sentences and explain it, but you don't have an example, so you can't provide one. You can't even pull a real example of out of the inane leftist propaganda you linked to and paste it here. 

You are still just pretending like you have supported the phony leftist talking point with an example, you have not.

That you are able to find leftist professors and legal "experts' that hate Justice Thomas and are willing to say anything to get rid of him does not surprise me.

"Truth is not a left-wing value."

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, you said you don't know, so you can't be a leftist....

To me,all these cases civil or criminal are a side-show compared to prospect of Trump again being President in JAN 2025.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:11 PM, bamnutsak said:

The Manhattan DA charged trump with falsifying business records, a misdemeanor, waved a NYS legal wand and turned it into a felony.

To secure a conviction on the felony charge, prosecutors would have to prove that records were falsified with the intention of committing or concealing a second crime. It’s not clear what prosecutors may allege as the second crime.

"Justice Merchan's opinion apparently ignored several important points of law. For example, it seems to contradict the U.S. Supreme Court's body of cases * which limit criminal fraud cases to depriving traditional property interests such as money, not something ephemeral. That's assuming there actually was an intent to defraud, because the only person whom the incorrect labeling affected was Trump himself."

https://www.newsweek.com/alvin-braggs-case-against-trump-should-have-been-dismissed-opinion-1870620

* CIMINELLI v. UNITED STATES (US Supreme Court)
13 F. 4th 158, reversed and remanded.

We have held, however, that the federal fraud statutes criminalize only schemes to deprive people of traditional property interests. Cleveland v. United States, 531 U. S. 12, 24 (2000). Because “potentially valuable economic information” “necessary to make discretionary economic decisions” is not a traditional property interest, we now hold that the right-to-control theory is not a valid basis for liability under §1343. Accordingly, we reverse the Second Circuit’s judgment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/21-1170

(my bolds)

6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

"Justice Merchan's opinion apparently ignored several important points of law. For example, it seems to contradict the U.S. Supreme Court's body of cases * which limit criminal fraud cases to depriving traditional property interests such as money, not something ephemeral. That's assuming there actually was an intent to defraud, because the only person whom the incorrect labeling affected was Trump himself."

https://www.newsweek.com/alvin-braggs-case-against-trump-should-have-been-dismissed-opinion-1870620

* CIMINELLI v. UNITED STATES (US Supreme Court)
13 F. 4th 158, reversed and remanded.

We have held, however, that the federal fraud statutes criminalize only schemes to deprive people of traditional property interests. Cleveland v. United States, 531 U. S. 12, 24 (2000). Because “potentially valuable economic information” “necessary to make discretionary economic decisions” is not a traditional property interest, we now hold that the right-to-control theory is not a valid basis for liability under §1343. Accordingly, we reverse the Second Circuit’s judgment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/21-1170

(my bolds)

Justice Merchan also provided a ‘Case Summary’ that will be used in instruction of the jury.

His summary cuts through all the misinformation and guess work stating that Trump engaged in the frauds with the intent of election interference.

So there’s the ‘misdemeanor to felony’ link. 

The allegations are in substance that Donald Trump falsified business records to conceal an agreement with others to unlawfully influence the 2016 election.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/judge-releases-questionnaire-jury-selection-process-trump-hush/story?id=109012287

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Justice Merchan also provided a ‘Case Summary’ that will be used in instruction of the jury.

His summary cuts through all the misinformation and guess work stating that Trump engaged in the frauds with the intent of election interference.

So there’s the ‘misdemeanor to felony’ link. 

The allegations are in substance that Donald Trump falsified business records to conceal an agreement with others to unlawfully influence the 2016 election.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/judge-releases-questionnaire-jury-selection-process-trump-hush/story?id=109012287

So, the unbiased judge is (once again) telling the jury Trump is guilty, shocking. 

If this were a black man in front of an all-white jury and a racist judge, the left would be howling for a change of venue. 

But they applaud putting Trump in front of a biased DA, a biased judge and a jury selected from biased Manhatton. The end justifies the means. 

• Sad 1