Immigration says “fast-track service at Bangkok airports” are fakes

webfact

2 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Hope it's not the same service I've used b4 with great success.

So did you get thru extra fast or not?

• Confused 2

I'm pretty sure I did't 'imagine' being taken to the diplomatic counter instead of queuing 🙂 but it didn't cost 2900 LOL, somebody making a bit too much money, contracting it out for 1100  and not passing it on the rest..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

image.png

Don’t fall for offers of being fast-tracked through airport Immigration say officials… there’s no such service.

A senior official from Thailand’s Immigration Bureau has responded to an online ad offering a fast-track immigration service at Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports. Choengron Rimphadee says the service, advertised at a cost of 2,900 baht per flight, doesn’t exist.

The ad appeared on the website of a car rental company and swiftly came to the attention of immigration officials. The ad, which stated, “Fast track arrival-departure 2,900baht/flight” has now been removed.

Choengron says airport immigration counters do not offer a fast-track option, but the process has been improved overall.

By Peter Roche

PHOTO: Flickr/Satya Witoelar

Full story: PhuketGO 2024-03-28

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

So, are they going to charge them  for a scam, fraudulent advertising  etc

35 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not sure if you're being facetious here but I use a fastrack service all the time (only at Suvarnabhumi so can't comment on Don Mueang) and had guest use it about 2 weeks ago. You get picked up at the gate, stuck on a buggy and fastracked through immigration. Guy/lady stays with you whilst your bags arrive (doesn't fastrack your bags unfortunately but that's to be expected), then takes you to a waiting car for journey home/to hotel.

If it doesn't exist then I need to dose down on the weed I'm smoking.   

Unfortunately there's no emoji for facetious, so it's ok to stay on the happy weed 😉

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Ah, so those golf carts from two different companies that I observed whisking passengers from their international arrival gates to immigration yesterday are fakes and don't exist.

I see.

Get with it

Only the ones that don't grease the right wheels at immigration don't exist (for long)

26 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

It’s Thai Elite, Thai first class or when you request special assistance. Apart from that, I’m not aware of any other legit golf cart services.

Sounds like the process used for those categories of people is moonlighting for mere plebs…..for a fee.

Efficient use of resources I’d say. The authorities should officially take over the process and double the fee. Or, improve immigration waiting lines in general, but don’t hold your breath on that one.

LTR visa also advertizes as a benefit, "fast track service at international airports of Thailand".  The Thai board of investment is the sponsor.

I just changed from retiement to the LTR, and plan on using the non-existent fast track service if I go through a Thai international airport.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Choengron says airport immigration counters do not offer a fast-track option, but the process has been improved overall.

Just service as normal

Yet more immigration embarrassment for Thailand, while both Singapore and Malaysia show the way by introducing automated gates for foreign visitors.

Thailand is so far behind in the race, they probably think they are in the lead. 

Still, they can always put up yet more signs warning people not to take photos of the immigration areas, in an attempt to frighten them from exposing how bad the problem has become and to cover up their inability and incompetence in managing it.

• Agree 2

Thailand the land of smiles and scams they smile when you hand over the money I learnt this many years ago when as I thought at the time a thai friend introduced me to a garage as I was after a Willy jeep  I was to

learn later that this so called friend received a 10% backhander of the cost of the vehicle apparently this is the done thing a good example is the tuk tuk drivers who stop at places to show you in the hope you will part with some money in order that they get there backhander I call it fleecing the customer 

• Agree 2

😂😂😂

It never ends does it?

So the immigration:

* VIP immigration fast track service

*Meet and greet services upon arrival by professional staff

* Golf cart buggy service

*Documentation service to skip the hassle

That I use every time I enter Suvarnabhumi after a long haul flight didn't exist! 😂

I'm actually quoting the bullet points verbatim from the confirmation emails. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1