Immigration says “fast-track service at Bangkok airports” are fakes

webfact

14 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

I don't know what this immigration official is talking about... and while it might not be fast, it surely exist (they even call it fast track)... 😂

FB_IMG_1711615882661.jpg.2ed4afb65960835fb16c9cdc4080d11d.jpg

12 hours ago, claffey said:

Yes this is at the very end of check in near the tourist customs claim desks and the China Air check in counters. Over 70s and young families can use it. It's free from what I observed. 

8 hours ago, DavidH51 said:

When we arrive at BKK after after flying business class, they allow us to use a special immigration line but I don't know if it called fast track.
Also my wife and I are in our 70's and I think we would go to the special line if we flew economy.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

No fast track lane ?

The BOI one I use is imaginary ?

https://www.boi.go.th/upload/fast_track_lane_93062.pdf

image.png.644b632d895ff4dbc6c53bcd5f47980e.png

Again, they are not saying that Fast Track doesn't exist, and are not saying that authorized passengers are being charged for the service. Fast Track obviously is real, and anyone in one of the permitted categories can use it for free.

What they are claiming - absurdly - is that Fast Track service isn't being corruptly sold to unauthorized pax, even though exactly that type of sale is widely advertised and has been used by commenters on this thread.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

When you fly in and out of Thailand almost monthly?

-Captain Monday
”Constant international travel”

Pre-Covid, I used to fly SIN-BKK every other weekend so bought an annual pass with TLM (Thailand Long Stay Management) for 20K which gave me meet & greet service from Plane/Check-In through Fast Track immigration & as I never had check-in luggage it was a real timesaver for me, can't find the service listed on their Website anymore so can only assume they no longer offer it. 

Before that I had also used "The Limo Pattaya" (IIRC 1,200B) but again, I can't find this service on offer on their Website anymore so can only assume that they've cracked down on companies offering Fast Track Services. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Or buy a business class ticket. Much cheaper.

Well you might be buying several over 10 years and have you seen the price of them lately? UK just slapped more tax on them. 

19 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Pre-Covid, I used to fly SIN-BKK every other weekend so bought an annual pass with TLM (Thailand Long Stay Management) for 20K which gave me meet & greet service from Plane/Check-In through Fast Track immigration & as I never had check-in luggage it was a real timesaver for me, can't find the service listed on their Website anymore so can only assume they no longer offer it. 

Before that I had also used "The Limo Pattaya" (IIRC 1,200B) but again, I can't find this service on offer on their Website anymore so can only assume that they've cracked down on companies offering Fast Track Services. 

After one is a Thailand Elite member for a while one figures out that the Immigration Officers at airports don’t care for it much.

Guessing they got no kickback 

A programme that was pushed on them from above from other Ministry. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, JoePai said:
21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Ah, so those golf carts from two different companies that I observed whisking passengers from their international arrival gates to immigration yesterday are fakes and don't exist.

I see.

Thai Elite maybe

The gold/bronze Thai Elite ones were parked up, charging. These white ones with blue-uniformed female operators were NOT Thai Elite. I recall one's signage may have been something like "A-Plus" ?

Found it!

?_rdc=1&_rdrhttps://web.facebook.com/aplusclassthailand/

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:48 AM, proton said:

Been going on for years, tried it once about 4 years ago. Straight through a gate right at the end, then waited 2.5 hours for bags to appear, solly belt broken!

Never had a 2h bag wait in 20 years in Thailand.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well you might be buying several over 10 years and have you seen the price of them lately? UK just slapped more tax on them. 

Yes, but a business ticket gives more than just fasttrack in Bangkok. 

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

Never had a 2h bag wait in 20 years in Thailand.

Lucky you, it was confirmed by somebody else on here, would you like the photos of the wait?

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

Yes, but a business ticket gives more than just fasttrack in Bangkok. 

I have had flights were I did not get that though, one example was a large Chinese tour group being given Fast Track Immigration use ahead of me. 

On 3/28/2024 at 4:45 PM, Mr Dome said:

Most folks on this forum wouldn't qualify for one:

"To be eligible to apply for an ABTC you must hold a valid passport from an APEC economy (or be a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong, China), engage in regular business travel throughout the APEC region and have no criminal conviction."

Sad for you, mine works just fine. Not everyone is from the UK.

• Confused 1

Choengron Rimphadee says the service, advertised at a cost of 2,900 baht per flight, doesn’t exist.

maybe ,the only truth is the price gone up

before covid i used it sometime and the price was  1,200 thb , a lot of services in net you can buy the service before