Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected

4 hours ago, statman78 said:

About a year ago I re-entered Thailand from a trip to Egypt.  I was able to use the online reporting system for my first 90 day report after entering the country.  It may depend on the office.  I do my reporting in Chiang Rai.

I was also able to do my first 90 day report online after arriving back in Thailand last June.

I did state earlier that I report in Chiang Mai and absolutely no surprise rules are different (interpretation) elsewhere. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Each time you renter the first 90 day report has to be filed at immigration.

Absolutely not. I just got my 90 days report approved and I re-entered last October, have done already one 90 days report online after the entry. In fact I've never done 90 days report at the immigration, always did it online.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Absolutely not. I just got my 90 days report approved and I re-entered last October, have done already one 90 days report online after the entry. In fact I've never done 90 days report at the immigration, always did it online.

Absolutely yes. 

My online report was rejected following my return on 30th December. At Jomtien I was told that they want the first 90 day report, after returning to Thailand, to be done in person.

That was NOT the case when I returned last July.

23 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Absolutely yes. 

My online report was rejected following my return on 30th December. At Jomtien I was told that they want the first 90 day report, after returning to Thailand, to be done in person.

That was NOT the case when I returned last July.

Well that's in line with any paperwork handled differently at different immigration offices. I'm in Samui, and god forbid I never wasted half a day to submit 90 days report in person. All done online.

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

So maybe my notification was made too early ?
if the count starts from extension renewal on on january 17th and not on re-entry on january 10th ?

Just now, daejung said:

if the count starts from extension renewal on on january 17th and not on re-entry on january 10th ?

If they reset your 90-day report at time of extension

you will have a slip of paper in back of your passport

with the next report date.

5 hours ago, daejung said:

This is quite possible, the Samui immigration resets the reporting date if an extension is approved. It makes sense, for the extension you need to submit the same documents, even more. As mentioned they may attach a paper in the passport with the next reporting date, although TiT, not sure if all offices are doing it.

5 minutes ago, gearbox said:

As mentioned they may attach a paper in the passport with the next reporting date, although TiT, not sure if all offices are doing it.

In most offices the 90 day report due date has nothing to do with annual extension. 

Some offices do the report along with your extension. 

Not sure why they do that as the two are unrelated

In Chiang Mai, when I did my transfer of stamps from old to new passport, I also needed to do a 90-day report on that date as my online was rejected too after doing several online reports successfully.  The first thing they told me at the outside tent was to go to the TM.30 office (2 minutes) behind the main bldg and which opened 15 minutes before the main office.  Then they told me to go to the walk in window for the 90-day report, (1 minute only).  Then they sent me inside to window 2 for transfer of stamps (free).  All in all no problems and guess they want a tm.30 report at the same time even if no normal reason.

My experience this year anyway.  

19 hours ago, daejung said:

Hello,

I used for the first time the online application for 90 days application yesterday march 27 th and I received  an email this morning saying that ir was rejected without any explanation.

What can be the reason ? In january I made a trip to Laos and re-entered Thailand on january 10 th so I think I made my 90 days application in time. On January 17th I renewed my 1 year extension till february 2025

Can understand the frustration with the system.  I too went to Laos January 8th and returned to Chiangmai on January 12th.....and had my 90-day filing rejected a couple of days ago; however, the rejection email to me did list a reason for the rejection:  "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/Incorrect visa expiration date."

That alleged reason was wrong as my information was exactly correct.....and I used the exact same form (the one they email you back) and information yesterday for filing in person at CM Immigration without a hitch or question.  Thankfully, I used the drive-thru window and the filing took less than 5 minutes.

I have no clue where the online filings go but whoever rejected my filing miss-read his/her computer screen and/or was having a bad day.  

Just now, DrJack54 said:

In most offices the 90 day report due date has nothing to do with annual extension. 

Some offices do the report along with your extension. 

Not sure why they do that as the two are unrelated

That's what the do at Korat, think they somehow think final report will

run out same time as your extension.

Bugs me, everytime you can lose 10 days or so if you report early, but

you can do your extension early and it is stamped on the due date.  

I too had my 90 day report rejected , also on the email it said my last

address was at some Condo in Chiang Mai , ...I have never been to

that Condo or know anything  about it ...

So what I did was to reapply to the new TM30 ,I had already done that 

but thought it was best to do again , reported again ,next day it was 

granted , everything OK

regards Worgeordie

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There is no "online application for 90 days application"

It is online 90 day reporting.

You forgot to tell him that a retirement visa is not really a visa just an extension of stay.

IMHO I have said this many times and from what I see here nothing has changed.

The Immigration Database is not real-time connected to the 90-day online reporting Database.

So, 90-day reports are often rejected on not what you have inserted in your 90-day online form if it's all ciorrect.

The Imm officer is looking at your form details and referencing it against your Imm Visa details and possible TM30 details 

20 hours ago, daejung said:

Hello, last time I filled in a TM47 was in april 2023

I left at the end of april and cam back in november. I went to Laos before the 90 days limit and came back on january 10th

TM 30 was filed in nobember 2022 by my land lord, he made a new one in january 2024 but the previous one was still valid

Yes I will make an appointment if I cannot doit online

I think you'll be all right. Whatever the cause is, it can be solved by being apologetic at the Immigration Office. The officials aren't monsters and they try to help people here legally. 
The very worst that can happen is that you have to go to another country to get a  3-month visa (whatever it's called) and then you change it to the annual visa on returning to Thailand. But this is unlikely if you're kind and polite to the official.
In my 40 years here I once accidentally let my marriage visa expire while working abroad and that is what I had to do maybe 17 years ago. 
If the official solves the problem for you, before you go home, get him something to eat or drink as a "thank you".

• Haha 1

In Korat, a NEW TM-30 is REQUIRED if you LEAVE the country - even with all visa / extension paperwork up to date and returning to same address, before you can do a 90 day report.

1st hand knowledge, happened to me.

I came back from Italy Jan2nd tried online report last week 2 times, but without success.Last monday I went to immigration Sriracha to do my 90days report in person and asked why it didn't work online for me,

Answer was"Everytime you leave Thailand and re enter you need to come to immigration and do your report here after that online reporting will work normal"

I  guess immigration offices make up their own rules

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I came back from Italy Jan2nd tried online report last week 2 times, but without success.Last monday I went to immigration Sriracha to do my 90days report in person and asked why it didn't work online for me,

Answer was"Everytime you leave Thailand and re enter you need to come to immigration and do your report here after that online reporting will work normal"

I  guess immigration offices make up their own rules

This is exactly what happened to me. It seems to be a general rule, I even found it on the internet somewhere.

I received my reminder email from immigration, so lodged my 4th consecutive TM47 90 day report online y/day a coupleof days before due date, with exact same details as previous applications. But this time got the dreaded Declined notification.... First time this has occurred for me. All my details (as far as I am aware) are up to date with Immigration. It does appear there has been an internal change for so many being declined. 

On 3/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, edwardflory said:

In Korat, a NEW TM-30 is REQUIRED if you LEAVE the country - even with all visa / extension paperwork up to date and returning to same address, before you can do a 90 day report.

1st hand knowledge, happened to me.

In Korat also my on line report after returning worked fine without any TM30 update. Ironically it didn't work next 90 days after visa extension and TM 30 update! Tit...

Went in person yesterday instead and when asked the bloke just kept repeating ”Error” (with internet)

On 3/28/2024 at 3:00 PM, Chongalulu said:

Hanlon’s razor is more likely.

For clarity's sake: Hanlon's Razor: As stated by Robert. J. Hanlon, a heuristic telling us to “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

• Confused 1

On 3/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, daejung said:

I will try tomorrow since they rejected today.

When I donwloaded the TM47 after applying online, I noticed that none of the 2 checkboxes "Tourist" and "Non-Imm" were checked,but there is noway to check them when applying

I had to re-apply three times in order to get accepted-patience is the name of the game

On 3/30/2024 at 10:50 AM, Chongalulu said:

No,did mine on line 90days after returning,no problem 

I think I did too, so that's why I just went online. And got rejected. It seems the rule is not applied consistently (no surprise!) but the officer at CW was very clear about it when I asked why I had to come in person.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:37 PM, daejung said:

I applied again online yesterday and it was rejected again. It's a mystery.

I have to go  to Chaengwattana next week (appointment)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1