Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected

Hello,

I used for the first time the online application for 90 days application yesterday march 27 th and I received  an email this morning saying that ir was rejected without any explanation.

What can be the reason ? In january I made a trip to Laos and re-entered Thailand on january 10 th so I think I made my 90 days application in time. On January 17th I renewed my 1 year extension till february 2025

What can be wrong ? They wrote I should contact Immigration immediately ? Is is that urgent ? I will go to Chaengwattana netx week.

Thanks

• Confused 1

When was the last time you filed a TM30?

When was the last time you filed a TM47?

I think there may be some requirement for filing in person for your first report.

If you go in person, consider making an appointment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

When was the last time you filed a TM30?

When was the last time you filed a TM47?

I think there may be some requirement for filing in person for your first report.

If you go in person, consider making an appointment. 

Hello, last time I filled in a TM47 was in april 2023

I left at the end of april and cam back in november. I went to Laos before the 90 days limit and came back on january 10th

TM 30 was filed in nobember 2022 by my land lord, he made a new one in january 2024 but the previous one was still valid

Yes I will make an appointment if I cannot doit online

Edited by daejung
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

In Chiang Mai the first 90 day report has to be filed at immigration office. Subsequent can be completed online provided you haven't exited the country.

Same where you applied?

My first report was filed at immigration office but I left the country since that time

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Standard reply, but you still need to go within

the reporting window.

Think you may have applied a tad too early

Thanks

Can I re-apply then  ?

I thought due date was april 8th since I entered on january 10 th
I read I could apply 15 days before, therefore as from march 25th (-1 days) till april 14th (+8 days) and I applied on 27th

When they reject it would be helpful if they gave a motive.

Edited by daejung

1 hour ago, daejung said:

Hello,

I used for the first time the online application for 90 days application yesterday march 27 th and I received  an email this morning saying that ir was rejected without any explanation.

What can be the reason ? In january I made a trip to Laos and re-entered Thailand on january 10 th so I think I made my 90 days application in time. On January 17th I renewed my 1 year extension till february 2025

What can be wrong ? They wrote I should contact Immigration immediately ? Is is that urgent ? I will go to Chaengwattana netx week.

Thanks

Check your application option to provide visa end date,this will be your new permitted to stay until date stamped in your passport.

Your report must show your name as is written in your passport ie middle name is required

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

When I came back in July 2023, updated my TM30 and renewed my extension of stay in August 2023. My online report was rejected in Oct 2023.

They wanted me to update the TM30, so had to go home and get a paper copy and return. They told me the TM30 they had on record was from 5 years before.

Edited by freeworld

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, norbra said:

Check your application option to provide visa end date,this will be your new permitted to stay until date stamped in your passport.

Your report must show your name as is written in your passport ie middle name is required

I entered my new extension of stay date in february 2025

I don't have middle name... just one first name with "-" but "-" is not accepted... so 2 names in first name field

Edited by daejung

The usual insane reply. There is no rhyme or reason within Thai Immigration. They enjoy treating the farang as their whipping boy.   I have filed applications online which left boxes unchecked and several other errors and gotten approval. Your experience validates my theory that they just enjoy playing with us.

• Sad 1

I had the very same thing this morning.

Rejection was based on the fact that they didn’t have a T30 from me!

Was told by the said Immigration a while back that I don’t need to do a T30 anymore.

There is a document in my passport confirming my residency.

But this could not be disclosed online!

I was asked to report to CM Immigration.

usually I do it on “the drive through “ service in CM.

Hope I don’t have to pay a fine.

My 90 days expires on 2 April!

54 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Give it a go at re-applying.

Now, as to asking immigration to explain

their motives.,..

I will try tomorrow since they rejected today.

When I donwloaded the TM47 after applying online, I noticed that none of the 2 checkboxes "Tourist" and "Non-Imm" were checked,but there is noway to check them when applying

• Agree 2

After years of seamless 90 day reporting on line I too just had my application rejected. Strangely I didn’t get the usual reminder email . This is the first 90 day after retirement visa extension in January so everything was completely up to date and I was 13 days before due date so comfortably within the window. I always double check my information is correctly entered. There is obviously something amiss with the system at the moment. Korat office.

1 hour ago, Felton Jarvis said:

The usual insane reply. There is no rhyme or reason within Thai Immigration. They enjoy treating the farang as their whipping boy.   I have filed applications online which left boxes unchecked and several other errors and gotten approval. Your experience validates my theory that they just enjoy playing with us.

Hanlon’s razor is more likely.

My first report was filed at immigration office but I left the country since that time

Each time you renter the first 90 day report has to be filed at immigration.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, daejung said:

In january I made a trip to Laos and re-entered Thailand on january 10 th so I think I made my 90 days application in time. On January 17th I renewed my 1 year extension till february 2025

Most likely is that you missed the last scheduled due date as you had already left the country, and upon returning, first 90-day must be done in person.

But is it possible your 90-day clock was reset with your extension on Jan 17th....which would move your 15-day online reporting window?

Yes I will make an appointment if I cannot doit online

Edited 1 hour ago by daejung

Be sure to do as same thing happened to me yesterday for a Monday application and arriving at CW at 1124 got queue number 315 (processing 105).  Got out at 1630 - no issue with normal TM47 and last reporting receipt and passport all that checked.  Can think of no reason for rejection as have not even traveled in last decade and all information was copy of previous report using software copy icon.

2 hours ago, daejung said:

On January 17th I renewed my 1 year extension till february 2025

Could be that they reset your reporting clock as part of that process without telling you. That certainly happened to me at Rayong last year!

EDIT: @NoDisplayName has already made this suggestion, I see!!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Just now, Chongalulu said:

After years of seamless 90 day reporting on line I too just had my application rejected. Strangely I didn’t get the usual reminder email . This is the first 90 day after retirement visa extension in January so everything was completely up to date and I was 13 days before due date so comfortably within the window. I always double check my information is correctly entered. There is obviously something amiss with the system at the moment. Korat office.

At Korat, previously, your final 90-day report expiry was timed to coincide with

the end date of your extension, when they reset the clock. Note this year the next

report due date ran past the extension renewal date, even so still had the

clock reset on my recent extension renewal.

And you guessed it, just had a reminder to renew my old report. 

Wondering what happens now when my current report is due.

Edited by dick turpin

3 hours ago, daejung said:

In january I made a trip to Laos and re-entered Thailand on january 10 th

This is the reason you cannot do it online.   The clock resets and your 90 day report is now due 90 days after you returned, but everything resets so that means that the first 90 day report has to be done in immigration and then the ones after that can be done online again.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, daejung said:

They wrote I should contact Immigration immediately ? Is is that urgent ? I will go to Chaengwattana netx week.

Immediately is used to tell you it's kinda important.  If you applied at the earliest possible online, you were within two weeks of your reporting date.  Subtract three days or so for the denial email, subtract a weekend, and you've only got 4-5 working days until your report date.

I believe you have up to a week after the due date, but still.......don't dawdle.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Each time you renter the first 90 day report has to be filed at immigration.

About a year ago I re-entered Thailand from a trip to Egypt.  I was able to use the online reporting system for my first 90 day report after entering the country.  It may depend on the office.  I do my reporting in Chiang Rai.

I was also able to do my first 90 day report online after arriving back in Thailand last June.

Edited by statman78