Fiber Optic Internet

jaywalker2

29 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

The problem I always had with VDSL was reliability. I was getting it through True and it would cut out several times a day. I had the technician here and he tried to fix it, but they finally told just to put in the optical fiber.

During the 3 months I was recently there (I’m in Australia at the moment), VDSL through 3BB was totally reliable, except for an entire day when the whole building lost internet (except for you!). This was straight after a power cut, which I’m speculating may have damaged some equipment in the control room.

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

That means the building is wired for fiber optical then. They just don't offer it to the tenants?

You need to deal directly with NT, make and appointment to install fiber optic cable and the condo front desk will charge you 2500B for hooking up to their meter room cable. Go to their office across the street if you have problem with the  front desk new staff.

9 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Are you kidding us you are proud because you pay for optic fiber TBHT 4000 equivalent to €102 per month for internet access? (yearly €1.224 or TBHT48.102)

read it again tiger

On 3/30/2024 at 8:23 AM, jacko45k said:

In my condo i had to pay 4000 baht, to run a 3BB fibre into my 5th floor condo. Well worth it get the 500-1000 speeds.

To answer my own question, I checked over at View Talay 2A and found that several providers offer optical fiber (including CAT as one poster mentioned). There was also a company called TMN, I think, and one other. I was told the 3BB service is very spotty, something about how they had touble linking up with the old cables or something.

I can also confirm that fiber optical is available through NT at View Talay 5C and 5D but the tenant might have to install it himself, along with signing a 6-month contract. Odd that landlords choose to avoid the expense, as you would think it would be a selling point.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:48 PM, richsilver said:

You can get 1 GB up and down for under 1,000 baht/month!

I pay 1000/500  Bht 749 with 3BB/AIS. Out in the jungle, but optic is direct into my router, included in the price. Very few problems, only after heavy wind storms.

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I pay 1000/500  Bht 749 with 3BB/AIS. Out in the jungle, but optic is direct into my router, included in the price. Very few problems, only after heavy wind storms.

Similar with True, for a little bit more I also get some Thai TV channels, including some HD, good enough to keep the Mrs happy, and a SIM card with 150 free minute a month that I never use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Similar with True, for a little bit more I also get some Thai TV channels, including some HD, good enough to keep the Mrs happy, and a SIM card with 150 free minute a month that I never use. 

Where are you?