Red Ferrari crashes into Bangkok canal, driver unharmed

webfact

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Come on, you know why. Face. There can be no other reason. There can, actually, be very few countries in the world where such a car can be used to its potential. Germany, with no speed limit on the autobans I guess. Anywhere else? Still, if people have got money to burn buying expensive toys, up to them.

Whilst the 7 motorway has a speed limit of 120km/h... very very few obey this.

At worst they get a 500b speeding ticket in the mail if the cameras are turned on.... toss that bit of paper in the bin !

40 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Every friday afternoon on the commute home I see atleast 3 supercars belting it up the motorway to Pattaya.

Wish I owned one !

Not me. 4wds so much better in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Those top end super cars are extremely complicated and expensive to repair. The owner might not bother when he finds out how much it will cost to put things right now that it is banged up and has been submerged in water.

I watch a guy called Samcrac on you tube who buy right offs like these and tries to ' flip ' them ( repair and resell ) . Massive headache and not always possible as the electronic parts cost a fortune.

See also Tavarish, and his FLOOD submerged, McLaren.

He got many parts cheaper, but still cost $US thousands  !

48 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm sure they are great cars, but If one obeys the speed limits I fail to see how much fun is to be had in real terms on any streets.  Maybe more suited to open days on race tracks but as you say only exceptionally talented drivers would ever fully get their moneys worth 

a36839da38500382dea153f169cb2f8ed687f6fe

And just in case you wonder how this looks like: 330km/h in a BMW...

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ferraris are great cars. And on the right streets and with talented drivers I am sure it's fun.

But I will never understand why anybody would want such a car in Bangkok. For what? Using the 1st and 2nd gear only? Probably overheating that thing in the traffic? And they have to drive very careful to avoid any pothole. What's the point?

The point is to gain face.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ferraris are great cars. And on the right streets and with talented drivers I am sure it's fun.

But I will never understand why anybody would want such a car in Bangkok. For what? Using the 1st and 2nd gear only? Probably overheating that thing in the traffic? And they have to drive very careful to avoid any pothole. What's the point?

Do you know who I am?😋

• Haha 1