Thai women married to foreigners can not own land?

1 hour ago, JayClay said:
On 3/30/2024 at 3:36 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube. 

On 3/30/2024 at 6:55 PM, dingdongrb said:

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube the Internet.

There, I fixed that for you.......

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube the Internet or on Asean Now.   There, I fixed that for you.

...Asean Now and YouTube are a subset of the internet. @dingdongrb's comment was fine.

I didn't mean to start all this controversy. 

It was 'Toungue in cheek'.

Thanks to all those that participated. 👍

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 9:32 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Random western guys on YouTube are advocating for Western losers to come to Thailand and start hawking on the street because, unlike in western countries, they don't need a license in Thailand. If you watch YouTube, you will find random western guys who have gone berserk after discovering Thailand because, apparently, you could rent a room for 5000 baht and get a meal for 50 baht. And they are very nearby. You can step out of your 5,000-baht room and start eating a 50-baht meal without any means of transportation. They had discovered a gold deposit. In my wildest dream, I never saw so many desperate western losers. From the comments in those videos, you would think that the West is in decline and the youths are running away to low-cost countries in Asia

fair enough but most of just young people trying to get a break in life. This is a terrible time to be starting out in life as an American, Canadian, Aussie etc... The problem I have is that they make it sounds like you can just show up and live a normal life here, as if working and visas aren't a problem.

On 4/1/2024 at 2:39 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is very much possible that IMF had nothing to do with it and the law was simply just updated at that same time, as a broader modernization. Thailand does evolve after all. 

I think it was revised when one of the (many) constitutions introduced/imposed brought in a clause on gender equality. I vaguely remember it being one of a number of measures brought in to comply, like women not being required to take the husband's surname etc. as part of the same package.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1