Toilet paper on the dinner table

rexpotter

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The facilities I might be using, toilets in the Malls in Pattaya, for some reason do not have them. 

Perhaps the ladyboys have stolen them.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The only differences between toilet paper, and the more expensive paper serviettes, paper towels, and Kleenex tissues, are in appearance and packaging.

Not true at all, especially the cheap TP.  But whether it's toilet paper or napkins, the low quality stuff shreds to pulp and stick to my fingers when I'm wiping off greasy food.  Then I have to find some water to get rid of the pulp.  Then I wipe my hands in my pocket to get rid of the water.

I have no objection to TP on the table, as long as it's not the real cheap stuff that shreds like that.  And in fairness, some of the napkins on offer are just as bad.

15 hours ago, rexpotter said:

I had a friend visit, and they were wondering why it wasn't brown? Like with a few skid marks.

Did you mention the brown mess comes after the meal  💩

15 hours ago, rexpotter said:

I will never get used to this.

Why? Is it because you mostly use it on your ass? That would be your own bizarre habit. For the rest of us its just tissue paper that has multiple usages.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes. At most do's I've been to there's been a toilet roll hanging from string or a wire. 

You must go to some classy places.   

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes. At most do's I've been to there's been a toilet roll hanging from string or a wire. 

You must go to some classy places.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kimothai said:

I quit eating at these food troughs a long time ago.  If this is what they think is acceptable for customers, I question what is acceptable for the kitchen.  

While working with AOT I was able to meet some high class Thai's. They did not eat at those food troughs, never. They warned me to do the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does the OP's tissue on a roll, say..."For toilet use only", on every sheet........? :coffee1:

Does his eatery places have pooh fingerprints on the tissue on a roll at the table....? :coffee1:

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Not true at all, especially the cheap TP.  But whether it's toilet paper or napkins, the low quality stuff shreds to pulp and stick to my fingers when I'm wiping off greasy food.  Then I have to find some water to get rid of the pulp.  Then I wipe my hands in my pocket to get rid of the water.

I have no objection to TP on the table, as long as it's not the real cheap stuff that shreds like that.  And in fairness, some of the napkins on offer are just as bad.

I have not had the problem with shredding, I'll bow to your greater experience.

You might be buying single or double ply, I always buy 3-ply.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have not had the problem with shredding, I'll bow to your greater experience.

You might be buying single or double ply, I always buy 3-ply.

I buy the good stuff.  But the topic is what we find in restaurants.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I buy the good stuff.  But the topic is what we find in restaurants.

No, the topic is toilet paper on the dinner table. The OP did not specify whether that was at home, or in a restaurant.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

These are great to have dotted around when you have a BBQ. Means there is always low cost tissue around for guests, for those messy ribs and chops. At the end of the day it’s just tissue paper.

We westerners call it toilet paper, in reality it is just general tissue paper with the only difference for kitchen paper is it being thicker layered and for that reason, more expensive. Add to that that they never even use toilet paper in the toilets itself, they must be disgusted even more than we are, by the fact we use that to wipe our ass off without using any water, having done number 2.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

We westerners call it toilet paper, in reality it is just general tissue paper with the only difference for kitchen paper is it being thicker layered and for that reason, more expensive.

No, if like me, you are posh, it is called toilet tissue. Toilet paper refers to last night's Evening Standard cut up into useable squares..........🧐

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

It's better than a bum gun, far too messy at the table.

Very much so. If I had to use the toilet in a restaurant when going for a "pony and trap", I used to tear off a few sheets from the table dispenser to use instead of the bum gun or plastic scoop in a tub of water! 

Before any one has a go at me for using toilet paper - it is my choice!. No further comment from me.

Indirect rafraîchir demander thailand toilet paquet secteur maladie

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

20 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Very much so. If I had to use the toilet in a restaurant when going for a "pony and trap", I used to tear off a few sheets from the table dispenser to use instead of the bum gun or plastic scoop in a tub of water! 

Before any one has a go at me for using toilet paper - it is my choice!. No further comment from me.

Indirect rafraîchir demander thailand toilet paquet secteur maladie

Your choice to have an increased risk of developing hemorrhoids. Here's what AI has to say:

Yes, there can be a difference in hemorrhoid incidence when using a bum gun versus toilet paper. Here's why:

• Toilet paper: Wiping with toilet paper, especially rough varieties, can irritate the anal area, which can worsen hemorrhoids or even cause them. The friction can cause inflammation, bleeding, and itching.

• Bum gun: A bum gun, also called a bidet sprayer, provides a gentler cleaning method using water. This can help soothe hemorrhoids and reduce irritation. Studies have shown that using a bidet sprayer can improve hygiene and reduce hemorrhoid symptoms.

21 hours ago, rexpotter said:

roll-toilet-paper-in-dining-table-v0-91ymheya8d4b1.webp

pick one ........

too cheap to buy real napkins,  NOT HISO.. ,They think a stain on the lower right leg of your shorts looks better ( wipe mouth with hand and wipe on shorts)

I can't see any problems in it.

Toilet rolls are very versatile things.

And their use is not limited to toileting alone.

If you feel that much psychological resistance, you might be unfit for the (inexpensive) local Thai diner.

Better eat somewhere else where you have to pay heaps more for one meal...

22 hours ago, rexpotter said:

It's not toilet paper – look in Thai's toilets, do you find it there? – it's a tissue roll, so perfectly acceptable on a table; just get used to it...:whistling:

I can't see any problems in it.

Toilet rolls are very versatile things.

And their use is not limited to toileting alone.

Thai food vendors often do their best to keep their price reasonable/affordable unless they are targeting  short-term foreign tourists who know little about prices in this kingdom.

And their efforts needs cost cutting.

If you feel that much psychological resistance, you might be unfit for the (inexpensive) local Thai diner.

Better eat somewhere else where you have to pay heaps more for your next meal...

• Thumbs Up 1