Toilet paper on the dinner table

rexpotter

Just now, george said:

i'm so used to it after all these years here, mai bpen rai..

I had a friend visit, and they were wondering why it wasn't brown? Like with a few skid marks.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

To some the format of "tissue" paper obviously evokes responses not necessarily as rational as could be.

Same or similar grades of paper products are sold as serviettes ,hand towels, etc in single, multi layered stacks and rolls.

I find it a  mind jolt on the occasions I have seen "Recycled Toilet Tissue" before then comprehending the more realistic "green" intent of the description. Yet further contemplation of tissue paper industries I am led to wonder if the soft and silky "facial tissues" have a similar origin at some point?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

I find it a  mind jolt on the occasions I have seen "Recycled Toilet Tissue" before then comprehending the more realistic "green" intent of the description.

It is tissue paper made from recycled paper, used toilet paper does not get recycled.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes. At most do's I've been to there's been a toilet roll hanging from string or a wire. 

Could have been worse, half of an old telephone directory hanging from a piece of string, or newspaper.

Like George, been here for so long never notice it now. 

• Like 1

In the toilets of Egyptian airports, once you'd done your business and washed your hands, you would then be presented with a large wad of toilet paper by the cleaner/attendant. This was supposedly for you to dry your hand on, but was actually a way of eliciting a tip out of you, despite the big sign on the wall saying 'No Tips!'.

Anyone who has tried to dry their hands on toilet paper will know the result! I would hand it straight back and shake my hands dry on the way out. I've been off toilet paper in toilets ever since.

Thank goodness for bum guns and bidets.